The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Interior light behavior Strange

Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi All
When the interior lights are set to on they all come on when any door is opened when set to off the rear load compartment and rear passenger lights come on when the rear doors are opened since when does OFF mean ON if I switch all lights to off they should all remain off and when set to on they should ALL come on why?? do yours do the same.

Reactions: @nd

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
I can't turn off the second row reading lights at all the front and boot lights go out when closing the doors.
The second row only go out after about 20/30 minutes with the ignition off, key out and doors locked.
I had to cover the lights with insulating tape to stop the reflection in the rear view mirror at night as it is bloody annoying.
Again don't want to start taking the car to pieces to fix in case Ineos blaming me for the problems.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you just take the bulb out until your dealer can take a look?

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it showing any doors open ?

amglounge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi All
When the interior lights are set to on they all come on when any door is opened when set to off the rear load compartment and rear passenger lights come on when the rear doors are opened since when does OFF mean ON if I switch all lights to off they should all remain off and when set to on they should ALL come on why?? do yours do the same.
same, didn´t find a way to switsch of the light in the load compart.ment. Quite annoying while hunting.

amglounge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can't turn off the second row reading lights at all the front and boot lights go out when closing the doors.
The second row only go out after about 20/30 minutes with the ignition off, key out and doors locked.
I had to cover the lights with insulating tape to stop the reflection in the rear view mirror at night as it is bloody annoying.
Again don't want to start taking the car to pieces to fix in case Ineos blaming me for the problems.
the same happened in my car, but only after I switched the lights in the second row on manually

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you just take the bulb out until your dealer can take a look?
It’s a LED unit so tape was easier and no possible warranty problems. 👍
The Greny is now back at the dealership for the various problems to be addressed 🤞

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
Have you played around with the leaving and returning home settings on the screen?

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Also when in areas of insect infestation Scotland/Iceland you open the rear doors at night and the interior of the vehicle is filled with insects because you can't switch the lights off .
I transported, for free, at least 70 flies and 40 mosquitoes between Elementaita and Nairobi this past weekend. They liked the interior so much it took a fumigation, once home, to get them to leave.

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Were they attracted by the DRLs?
No… but you can’t fully turn off all interior lights when opening and closing doors. At least I can’t / don’t know how to. And I was jumping in and out very often…

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What it particular?
The central locking isn’t working and if I lock the car with the key the alarm won’t set and I can still open the back door😖

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. 👍

I have a small case of FOMO as mine has not been back to the agents (other than for the cargo barrier install). I was storing up all my issues until the software update was available.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. 👍

I have a small case of FOMO as mine has not been back to the agents (other than for the cargo barrier install). I was storing up all my issues until the software update was available.
I had Half an A4 sheet of problems that the dealer is going to look at but most are software related.
The door locking issue was a major, the rest I could have lived with until the software was fixed.

amglounge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The central locking isn’t working and if I lock the car with the key the alarm won’t set and I can still open the back door😖

Twice I was able to open the supposedly locked vehicle and the alarm went off

Reactions: @nd

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did you double click the key fob when locking the vehicle?
On mine, this cuts out all the lights (both interior & exterior) immediately.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you double click the key fob when locking the vehicle?
On mine, this cuts out all the lights (both interior & exterior) immediately.
Nothing worked that i tried, it turned out it was to do with the back doors. I couldn't lock any of the doors with the remote only with the key and even then i could half open the small back door.
I was also experiencing a good few software issues at the time, it went back to the dealers for them to look at.
2000+miles later i have had no further problems (y)

Back
Top Bottom