The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Interior: about controls and features

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
There are some controls / buttons inside which I'd like to understand. See the pictures.

• Roof panel: Differential locks: There are buttons for front and rear. What's about the center lock?
  • Below, there are two buttons: ESC is Electronic Stability Control, I guess. But what is HDC?
  • On the steering wheel, the "Res+" button is likely the button to restore cruise mode or increase the cruise speed, I think.
  • And there  is a "CNL" button left to the cruise control buttons. What does this mean?
  • And finally: has anybody yet heard what the "toot" sounds like?

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
  • Roof panel: Differential locks: There are buttons for front and rear. Whats about the center lock?
Centre Lock is manual and on the high/low shifter next to the gear stick.
  • Below, there are two buttons: ESC is Electronic Stability Control, I guess. But what is HDC?
Hill Descent Control
  • On the steering wheel, the "Res+" button is likely the button to restore cruise mode or increase the cruise speed, I think.
Yes it both Resumes and increases speed. Standard for cruise controls.
  • And there  is a "CNL" button left to the cruise control buttons. What does this mean?
Cancel. Also standard for cruise controls.
  • And finally: has anybody yet heard what the "toot" sounds like?
Nope!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you. :)

> Standard for cruise controls

It's a bit different on my 22 yr old Mercedes: There is lever, pulling is restore, pushing forward is cancel. Lever up and down is increase and decrease and 'set' at the same time. But true, functionally same concept .

As the lever doesn't have labels, this mnemonics are new to me.
(And as a not being a native english speaker, they aren't obvious to me)

Last edited:

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Yes, sorry, when I say standard, I didn't mean all, I just meant that's one of the standard ways of doing cruise control. I've had Honda, Porsche, Audi and Subaru that were like that, but I think I recall what you say about Merc - a friend has one with a lever. (And a park brake pedal - so a bit non-standard!)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
No problem, I think I got you right :)

> a park brake pedal - so a bit non-standard
Yes, a typical Mercedes feature which I like very much as you can put a lot of force on the park brake.

By the way: Amusingly, Porsche of all things has something 'non-standard' in common with the old Defender: The ignition lock is on the left side. :cool:

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Another miracle: On the picture, there is a 230V outlet in front of the back seats.

An option? A fake? An empty pre-equipping?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
emax said:
Another miracle: On the picture, there is a 230V outlet in front of the back seats.

An option? A fake? An empty pre-equipping?
I would have thought you wire in your chosen inverter and this is a convenient outlet.Those optional switches on the roof console have a function!

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
There was talk early on about a 2000w inverter, but it seems odd that it would be standard. Perhaps the wiring is standard, and the inverter itself will be an option. Or maybe the wiring will be an option too (like it is with the overhead panels). 

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Dominic Perry  dominicperry userid=8372267 postid=1332180302]There was talk early on about a 2000w inverter, but it seems odd that it would be standard. Perhaps the wiring is standard, and the inverter itself will be an option. Or maybe the wiring will be an option too (like it is with the overhead panels). [/QUOTE]
Or wiring to suit a 2000w max inverter?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
Do the front panel buttons (auto stop/start, A/C, etc) depress? Or do they select that option and then return. Not sure I am explaining that well - like do they click and stay?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do the front panel buttons (auto stop/start, A/C, etc) depress? Or do they select that option and then return. Not sure I am explaining that well - like do they click and stay?

When the button is depressed, the light comes on ("click" as you say) showing that the activity selected is engaged or on and button returns to it's same position.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
Do they stay selected when you turn off the engine or can you permanently select/de-select them through the screen.
I would love to be able to permanently de-select the stop start on my current car and on the Grenadier

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
I would love to be able to permanently de-select the stop start on my current car and on the Grenadier

100% agree. Someone on here listed his routine and mine is similar - start truck, turn off S/S, put on seatbelt and go.

One thing I loved about my F150 Raptor is that I was able to go into the trucks software code and permanently disable it. So nice.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I guess most people would like to switch the system of at least in some situations. But those nudging systems are always preset to annoy you as often as possible.

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
100% agree. Someone on here listed his routine and mine is similar - start truck, turn off S/S, put on seatbelt and go.

One thing I loved about my F150 Raptor is that I was able to go into the trucks software code and permanently disable it. So nice.
So did I on my BMW. If S/S will save fuel on the IG you definitely use it the wrong way!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom