The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Interesting Safari Prototype

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:56 PM
Reaction score
Surprise!

Why don't we know?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It's called "Prototype Park".

Or "Experimental Park" ?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
Possiblely one or more of the three camps operated by Asilia and funded by Sir Jim personally to the tune of $10 million in southern Tanzania.

The Roho Ya Selous camp is located in the heart of the Selous Game Reserve, a wild and unspoiled game park which is larger than Switzerland.

The Jabali Ridge and the Jabali Private House are situated in the Ruaha National Park which is home to 10% of the world’s lion population.

They do like their bar work out there:

Makanyi-Electric-Safari-Vehicle.jpg

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like a new brand "Electric Safari Vehicles".

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can see what Sir Jim has in mind for an electric Grenadier to runaround a farm estate...or a game park.

I'd imagine you could run a prototype out there for quite a time before word leaked out.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That OD Green colour has to make the configurator! looks epic on the grenny.

MY2024 colour hopefully!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
👍🏼 I don’t have instagram so can’t open. No broadband and 4g signal also terrible at the moment so can’t view photos 😩
Sounds like you live at my house! I'm on 4G internet and trying to send work emails... feel like it'd be quicker to send a pigeon today!

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like you live at my house! I'm on 4G internet and trying to send work emails... feel like it'd be quicker to send a pigeon today!
Yes for some reason the last few weeks have been terrible. We use a Vodafone gigacube relying on 4g also on phones too. Complaints to Vodafone haven’t come up with any results yet. only other option is O2 around here

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes for some reason the last few weeks have been terrible. We use a Vodafone gigacube relying on 4g also on phones too. Complaints to Vodafone haven’t come up with any results yet. only other option is O2 around here
Interesting. Vodaphone is a no go here, dead spot. We're on a 3mobile 4G router. Used to have an EE one but one day it just stopped working, turned out the lease on a mast had run out near by and they took it down! My mobile is on 02, and equally slow lately. Waiting for Elons starlink to drop in price a bit more, and id seriously consider that. But going from £20 a month for 3mobile to £75+ for Starlink hasn't tempted me yet.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. Vodaphone is a no go here, dead spot. We're on a 3mobile 4G router. Used to have an EE one but one day it just stopped working, turned out the lease on a mast had run out near by and they took it down! My mobile is on 02, and equally slow lately. Waiting for Elons starlink to drop in price a bit more, and id seriously consider that. But going from £20 a month for 3mobile to £75+ for Starlink hasn't tempted me yet.
I find your broadband situation incredible, especially in Essex. We live in a remote Scottish valley 3miles to the nearest very tiny village, and there are 5 scattered properties, then 4 miles further on into the forest accessed only by forest tracks are 2 further cottages. We all have full fibre broadband, including the forest cottages that's 7 miles of full fibre to serve just 7 scattered properties in total. There was a push by Scot Gov to get broadband to isolated areas. Seems it has been to the detriment of populated England areas.

NB We don't have a mobile signal and have to use wifi calling, and the landline is via the fibre.

Last edited:

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
The vehicle has the badge ‘Kavango’ on it.

Interesting that only this month Charles Van Rensburg has been appointed the CEO of Ineos Kavango (source: LinkedIn). Mr Rensburg is located in S.Africa.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I find your broadband situation incredible, especially in Essex. We live in a remote Scottish valley 3miles to the nearest very tiny village, and there are 5 scattered properties, then 4 miles further on into the forest accessed only by forest tracks are 2 further cottages. We all have full fibre broadband, including the forest cottages that's 7 miles of full fibre to serve just 7 scattered properties in total. There was a push by Scot Gov to get broadband to isolated areas. Seems it has been to the detriment of populated England areas.

NB We don't have a mobile signal and have to use wifi calling, and the landline is via the fibre.
Without getting political, I think infrastructure investment in Scotland is more than rural England. The lions share of projects here are urban. Fibre has only recently been installed down our lane by Gigaclear, but my yard and house is approx 500 yards from the nearest link up, so its going to cost me a lot to run fibre cables from the house to the road, as they wont pay for that bit! The broadband before fibre was 0.3 meg, that's why we went for the 4G, which has reached a staggering 10meg at times... just drops in and out.

Back
Top Bottom