The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Insurance

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
Was that quote completely out of kilter for your circumstances or in the ball park? I would be loath to pay over £500 bearing in mind that was my quote on an £80,000 Defender.
I thought it was about £600 over what I was expecting, even more expensive than I was quoted for a RR sport, will see if it drops down as they get a better handle on the car and risks, at the moment I get the feeling its a finger in the air and pluck a figure out of the sky type of quotation!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to Leanne ( not sure on spelling )
the facebook contact was Nick Wilkinson. 0800 198 9988
by the way full NCD. One extra named driver.
(2seat commercial petrol £64 k inc rough pack smooth pack winch etc.
ime hoping to get better than that yet

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to Leanne ( not sure on spelling )
the facebook contact was Nick Wilkinson. 0800 198 9988
by the way full NCD. One extra named driver.
(2seat commercial petrol £64 k inc rough pack smooth pack winch etc.
ime hoping to get better than that yet
Thanks for that Logsplitter. Will call tomorrow. I have used Adrian Flux in the past to insure my Defender so I shouldn't be completely unknown to them.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If anyone gets an email contact for this Nick Wilkinson at Adrian Flux, then please let us all know. Not sure if the”up to 15% discount “ was applied to my quote . I hoping the price comes down a bit. But it’s a good start as my build slot is not till february

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had my quote for a senior driver with clean license and full NCB. I mentioned this forum and the FB forum so assume discount applied. Quote was on the 5 seat Station Wagon specced up to £64,000. Price was coming in at just over £700.00. Just under the 7 if tracker was fitted. He did say that as the demographic for the vehicle is fine tuned, this figure could still come down by the time mine is due March/April.
Apparently, the next best underwriter Adrian Flux approached on my behalf was coming in at over two grand!! Anyway. £700.00 would still keep me in the game. I really feel that for my circumstances, quotes in the region of £600.00 should be attainable.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spoke at length yesterday 1200 hrs, to Nick who said he would get his team to work out a quote with full knowledge of forum etc.
Not had a reply yet but as soon as I do will post it and email etc.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there PBD thats a good price for insurance, and a similar spec to mine - do you mind if I ask who you received the quote from, please ? kind regards garry

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Just had my quote for a senior driver with clean license and full NCB. I mentioned this forum and the FB forum so assume discount applied. Quote was on the 5 seat Station Wagon specced up to £64,000. Price was coming in at just over £700.00. Just under the 7 if tracker was fitted. He did say that as the demographic for the vehicle is fine tuned, this figure could still come down by the time mine is due March/April.
Apparently, the next best underwriter Adrian Flux approached on my behalf was coming in at over two grand!! Anyway. £700.00 would still keep me in the game. I really feel that for my circumstances, quotes in the region of £600.00 should be attainable.
600/700 GBPs for the year or six months?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Adrian Flux were appalling to deal with when I had my Navara years ago... wouldn't give them the business these days.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Adrian Flux were appalling to deal with when I had my Navara years ago... wouldn't give them the business these days.
I have insured bikes and cars through Adrian Flux previously but never had cause to claim so difficult to comment

Reactions: PBD

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
perhaps they were missing a capacitor back then
Just referenced Adrian Flux on TrustPilot. A high score there.
I understand where SPJNR is coming from when previously having had a bad experience. Trouble is, you can sometimes end up cutting your nose off to spite your face. All things being equal I would always prefer to insure through LV or NFU. However, the quote needs to be competitive to a degree.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking better.
Looking better. Thanks mate. Same clean licence. Never had any points or claims. I’m sure price will come down ready for my delivery In March/aril also.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just referenced Adrian Flux on TrustPilot. A high score there.
I understand where SPJNR is coming from when previously having had a bad experience. Trouble is, you can sometimes end up cutting your nose off to spite your face. All things being equal I would always prefer to insure through LV or NFU. However, the quote needs to be competitive to a degree.
NFU are great, but you get what you pay for.. never the cheapest.

I'll be insuring mine though my business insurer, another reason to go with the N1 5 seater.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NFU are great, but you get what you pay for.. never the cheapest.

I'll be insuring mine though my business insurer, another reason to go with the N1 5 seater.
I have a strong suspicion, if you pay a premium of £2000.00 over £700.00 you will not see very much difference in the event of a claim.
There are however a couple of insurers out there which consistently score very highly with regard to customer satisfaction. Should they be able to quote competitively, they would be my first choice.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have a strong suspicion, if you pay a premium of £2000.00 over £700.00 you will not see very much difference in the event of a claim.
There are however a couple of insurers out there which consistently score very highly with regard to customer satisfaction. Should they be able to quote competitively, they would be my first choice.
NFU insure my machinery, always been very no nonsense when it comes to a claim.

For vehicle insurance though they are expensive, they were over £2000 a year more to insure my 7.5ton DAF

Back
Top Bottom