The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Insurance

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:43 AM
Reaction score
Dave,

first quote matches what I had found in Germany by means of a 'comparable' car: BMW X5 x-drive 3.0L Diesel.

However, we have a rebate system in German car insurances and I had put in my full rebate after many years of accident free driving. I pay only 35%, so the 100% quote is around 1800-2000€, including fully comprehensive insurance with a deductible of 500€.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
Dave,

first quote matches what I had found in Germany by means of a 'comparable' car: BMW X5 x-drive 3.0L Diesel.

However, we have a rebate system in German car insurances and I had put in my full rebate after many years of accident free driving. I pay only 35%, so the 100% quote is around 1800-2000€, including fully comprehensive insurance with a deductible of 500€.
Hi. We also have a discount system and that figure includes a multi-policy discount, over 55 discount, guaranteed rating 1 for life etc.
I selected the lowest excess payment as well so if you go for a higher excess the price comes down a fair bit.
This is also a premium policy not a cheap no frills one.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
Don't know about that, when I get a chance I will go on one of the comparison sites see if I can get one. They usually want a reg number though.
Mine done on go compare (page 1 of this thread) was done without a reg.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just wrote an email to my dealer regarding the insurance quotes for Germany. Till now I didn’t find the Grenadier in an open comparison portal

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just wrote an email to my dealer regarding the insurance quotes for Germany. Till now I didn’t find the Grenadier in an open comparison portal
The same problem with my insurance. They think no Information anymore this year.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The same problem with my insurance. They think no Information anymore this year.
I am curious how they manage this when I have mine in January. It will probably become quite expensive…

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
I am curious how they manage this when I have mine in January. It will probably become quite expensive…
My Defender insurance was so cheap. I can't imagine that insurance will be extremely expensive for me.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Defender insurance was so cheap. I can't imagine that insurance will be extremely expensive for me.
I hope you are right. I don’t think that they quote the Grenadier any near an old Defender. A new on would fit better from price, repair costs etc.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope you are right. I don’t think that they quote the Grenadier any near an old Defender. A new on would fit better from price, repair costs etc.
I’m thinking the same. Insurance in the States might be different but I think a big part here is the list price of a new vehicle combined with things like daily drive distance, level of coverage, etc.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
In Australia a large part is the history of how often that type/model crashes and the typical types of drivers.
When I had my Mercedes insured they told me that despite quite a few being sold there was almost zero history of crashes so it was a low risk vehicle to insure.
The typical owner is older, drives more sensibly, has considerably more driving experience and looks after the vehicle.
They also said it has lower normal annual kms than other vehicles as the owners often have more than one vehicle.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Amazingly (and sadly) it’s my understanding that one’s credit score comes into play here.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:43 PM
Reaction score
@Krabby I think you're right. Also location is a massive impact and mileage as well as usage, if I told everyone what we paid for my LR4 and the Wife's RR Sport in LA you'd be having a donations box with my name on it.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Only for Germany:
The HSN for all Grenadier will be the 2295.
The TSN for UT petrol is AAA
The TSN for UT diesel is AAB
The TSN for SW petrol is AAC
The TSN for SW diesel is AAD

As usual: all information without guarantees. I will post the table with all numbers as soon as I have the official clearance by my dealer.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What does HSN / TSN mean?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The [xyz]-maxes are just coincidences.

In another thread I explained where my nickname comes from. In short, for my daily work I rely heavily on a capable text/source editor, and my choice is emacs. This editor is so capable that the usual question is not "can I do this with emacs", but "how do you do this with emacs".

After 39 years as a software developer of which I have been using emacs for well 30 years, I've used maybe only 5% of what you can do with it - and I'm a power user. I don't think there is anyone in the world who knows it all, not even the developers themselves (whose numbers probably run into the thousands all over the world).

You can write own modules and macros in Lisp (which implements reverse polish notation and is thus not exactly everyone's cup of tea) or use regular expressions to name just two extremely powerful features. But it takes a full blown software developer to understand and make use of such things. Just a regular expression example:

Code:
$latlon !~ /^[-+]?([1-8]?\d(\.\d+)?|90(\.0+)?),\s*[-+]?(180(\.0+)?|((1[0-7]\d)|([1-9]?\d))(\.\d+)?)$/

That's the code which I use to detect whether or not a lat/lon value in The GRUNT is syntactically and even semantically correct. One can use expressions of this kind in emacs to find and manipulate texts of any kind.

But you see, the enthusiasm goes through with me ;-)

It's fantastic, and that's why my nickname is a tribute to this editor - which is open source and therefore free. It runs on Linux, Windows, Apple and on mainframe architectures as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom