The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Insurance

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
The [xyz]-maxes are just coincidences.

In another thread I explained where my nickname comes from. In short, for my daily work I rely heavily on a capable text/source editor, and my choice is emacs. This editor is so capable that the usual question is not "can I do this with emacs", but "how do you do this with emacs".

After 39 years as a software developer of which I have been using emacs for well 30 years, I've used maybe only 5% of what you can do with it - and I'm a power user. I don't think there is anyone in the world who knows it all, not even the developers themselves (whose numbers probably run into the thousands all over the world).

You can write own modules and macros in Lisp (which implements reverse polish notation and is thus not exactly everyone's cup of tea) or use regular expressions to name just two extremely powerful features. But it takes a full blown software developer to understand and make use of such things. Just a regular expression example:

Code:
$latlon !~ /^[-+]?([1-8]?\d(\.\d+)?|90(\.0+)?),\s*[-+]?(180(\.0+)?|((1[0-7]\d)|([1-9]?\d))(\.\d+)?)$/

That's the code which I use to detect whether or not a lat/lon value in The GRUNT is syntactically and even semantically correct. One can use expressions of this kind in emacs to find and manipulate texts of any kind.

But you see, the enthusiasm goes through with me ;-)

It's fantastic, and that's why my nickname is a tribute to this editor - which is open source and therefore free. It runs on Linux, Windows, Apple and on mainframe architectures as well.

Bugger me, you’re easily taking Nerd Of The Day award today, @emax 👨‍💻🏆

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score
Thats only my daily insanity. Wait till I show you my real nerd stuff ...

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
Anyone phoned for a quote as yet? Just tried but contact not available right now.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all.
NickWilkinson from Adrian Flux rang me about midday today. they have all my details from a recent one off quote that came in at £1761!
The good news is that he and Adrian Flux are setting up especially to deal with Grenadier quotes and insurance policies in the UK and are very keen to get our business.
As soon as they get back to me I will post an update, also get direct contact numbers and email addresses etc.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all.
NickWilkinson from Adrian Flux rang me about midday today. they have all my details from a recent one off quote that came in at £1761!
The good news is that he and Adrian Flux are setting up especially to deal with Grenadier quotes and insurance policies in the UK and are very keen to get our business.
As soon as they get back to me I will post an update, also get direct contact numbers and email addresses etc.
Thank you PBD. Look forward to getting the details and hopefully a competitive quote.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi folks I have just spoken to Adrian Flux. And they have an in house underwriter that will come back to me soon with a quote.
They have all the grenadier models on their system. My model is a two seat commercial petrol version with add ons. circa £64k at the older locked in price. I’ll keep you informed. 👍

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all.
they quoted me £1262.59 with a 1k excess and full no claims - hopefully it will be sorted out soon in a slightly downward fashion!!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
they quoted me £1262.59 with a 1k excess and full no claims - hopefully it will be sorted out soon in a slightly downward fashion!!
Was that quote completely out of kilter for your circumstances or in the ball park? I would be loath to pay over £500 bearing in mind that was my quote on an £80,000 Defender.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that's getting interesting. I bet your Adrian Flux broker would be interested in my dealer who has, I am told 70 IG clients.
Reckon so. Maybe price will come down yet. When more people start getting them. I’ll check NFU also as they offered green card insurance for Morocco, Turkey etc. when getting Defender tdci quotes .

Back
Top Bottom