The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Installing a Wolfbox 850 Question

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
I want to install a wolfbox 850 or 900. Where are people wiring this up to so that the power wire (which is designed to plug into a cigarette lighter) is hidden? I was thinking to have the dealer wire it up to the upper panel inside somewhere, but just curious if anyone had this dilemma.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
I ordered there optional hardwire kit with fuse taps, and wired to the fuse panel next to the steering wheel. Bot constant and ignition taps. Grounded to a bolt on the steering column by the pedals.

Attachments

• 20240207_014103363_iOS.jpg
    20240207_014103363_iOS.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 33

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another option would be to cut off the cigarette lighter plug and replace it with a DTP connector. Do same for right side aux power source.
1000010418.jpg1000008320.jpg1000008324.jpg

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another option would be to cut off the cigarette lighter plug and replace it with a DTP connector. Do same for right side aux power source.
View attachment 7849330View attachment 7849331View attachment 7849332
I am putting mine in this weekend. So you are tapping into the power near the ignition switch? Is there any place to connect the power wires to something in the overhead switches panel?

Also, where did you mount the rear camera exactly? I am not sure the best placement for avoiding crimping the wire and long term opening and shutting the door

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am putting mine in this weekend. So you are tapping into the power near the ignition switch? Is there any place to connect the power wires to something in the overhead switches panel?

Also, where did you mount the rear camera exactly? I am not sure the best placement for avoiding crimping the wire and long term opening and shutting the door
I used the aux source in the right side footwell. Wired DTP connectors to the ends. Others have tapped into the fuse box next to the ignition. I think that's a better solution, but I turn cross-eyed every time I stare at a fuse panel.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I used the aux source in the right side footwell. Wired DTP connectors to the ends. Others have tapped into the fuse box next to the ignition. I think that's a better solution, but I turn cross-eyed every time I stare at a fuse panel.
Thank you! I appreciate the input!

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score

How’d it go? Pics? Write up? Did you need the camera extension cable? 😁

Back
Top Bottom