The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS Radio Silence and the lesser spotted contract

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:13 PM
Reaction score
So even the most ardent INEOS fanboy (and fangirl) has to conclude that the total lack of communication is somewhat unusual, given they have taken a group of believers and project early adopters so far for so long.

So in no particular order any of the following apply?

1. INEOS have found it easier to design and build a vehicle from scratch, than it is to navigate the legal and bureaucratic minefield our governing class put before us?
2. New boss is have a full talent reshuffle and no one currently has a desk?
3. Sir Jim looking to sell the project and all contracts to be with new owners?
4. Its just chaos, and we hope the vehicles are built better than the management processes?

Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
Could it not just be a case of them realising having contracts sent out months before delivery may be a bit of a waste of time (albeit that they introduced this concept and now everyone is hung up on it)? Provided they have a contract signed and money at delivery what’s their risk? Someone bails? If this happened they will be able to sell the car pretty easily. In fact, they probably wouldn’t mind if some of the older contracts bail at they can charge an extra 10-15%. I just think the whole early contract process is now a distraction and they are just moving ahead without them being squared away which I get.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
Do you have an order in? How about speaking to your allocated agent?
Mine picks up the phone, no problem. Very nice chap.

Neither he nor I have visibility of the production schedule.
Similar issue presents with rivals (Toyota, LR) in Oz so again not much to conclude other than auto manufacturers clearly face headwinds at present.

Vehicle will get here when it gets here. Nice to see our Swiss members starting to receive their vehicles and looking forward to reports.

Last edited:

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Could it not just be a case of them realising having contracts sent out months before delivery may be a bit of a waste of time (albeit that they introduced this concept and now everyone is hung up on it)? Provided they have a contract signed and money at delivery what’s their risk? Someone bails? If this happened they will be able to sell the car pretty easily. In fact, they probably wouldn’t mind if some of the older contracts bail at they can charge an extra 10-15%. I just think the whole early contract process is now a distraction and they are just moving ahead without them being squared away which I get.
Maybe but why not communicate that? Customers and dealers seem to be left in the dark, particularly as it is a departure from what they originally advised.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I signed my contract 7 nov 22 but still waiting for production notice and to be honest its a tad frustrating but I'm in it for the long run and soon we will all have forgotten these delays.

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have an order in? How about speaking to your allocated agent?
Mine picks up the phone, no problem. Very nice chap.

Neither he nor I have visibility of the production schedule.
Similar issue presents with rivals (Toyota, LR) in Oz so again not much to conclude other than auto manufacturers clearly face headwinds at present.

Vehicle will get here when it gets here. Nice to see our Swiss members starting to receive their vehicles and looking forward to reports.
You have appreciate that people purchasing for business might have to plan a little more specifically than those purchasing for leisure use.
If deliveries are slipping now will this impact those who were advised delivery march/april/may? There are tax issues to be considered and disposal of existing work vehicles, some of which may have specific lease contract end dates or mileage limits.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
I have ordered in early Dez.22. To this time Ineos told me Production would be in May23.
have a chat with Ineos this morning, Production will be in May, contract will come 6 weeks befor!
time for orange wip😜

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just spoke to my dealer who confirmed that Ineos have built the vehicle and it is going through some quality campaigns to ensure the quality is correct.
He said they will be told when it leaves Hambach. He thought delivery, first half of March for delivery or possible earlier.

Local time
Reaction score
ERMM. It could be that the software cant change the dates on the contracts.
The terms horse and mouth room to mind.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
I agree in the frustration regarding lack of communication. My new daily routine has become: turn on computer, open email, search for "Ineos" and "Grenadier" to see if there has been an update regarding the promised test drive events in the USA. They previously sent an email update stating that there would be test drives in Phoenix, AZ (about 2 hour's drive from me, and the closest location on the list) in February. My problem (I know, first world problem!) is, I'll be drinking rum drinks from a coconut in Belize from the 7th to the 17th as a combination retirement and wedding anniversary celebration trip. So, I'd love to know the firm date, which I'm sure they HAVE to have arranged the date and location by now. Why not just put that information out? Even if people couldn't register for a spot at the event, knowing the date would help interested / prospective future owners plan for the event.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
I think you are all clouding the issue with common sense here !!

Whilst I would love to have the vehicle right now I am lucky enough to not need it desperately, but a good point is made with business purchasers who might have been expecting it in this years budget etc.

I don’t think it is too much to ask for a generic email just explaining what is going on etc.

It just goes to show that they care about their customers without not a great deal of effort. I can’t knock the agents/dealers as they can’t do much more than we can at the minute

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
You have appreciate that people purchasing for business might have to plan a little more specifically than those purchasing for leisure use.
If deliveries are slipping now will this impact those who were advised delivery march/april/may? There are tax issues to be considered and disposal of existing work vehicles, some of which may have specific lease contract end dates or mileage limits.
I am purchasing for commercial use and have disposal to consider. It is definitely an inconvenience not having a firm schedule, sure. But otherwise, no - it doesn’t make me want to rail against Ineos.

Clearly some other members share your feelings, they are not unreasonable reactions. They are not the only available reactions however. It’s possible to acknowledge the uncertainty and just get along until the asset/vehicle is available.

analogvernon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the scene is set, frustrating as it is. Like many others I looked around for information ,I looked at the job vacancies posted on the Ineos site, that probably acounts for large parts of why things are not so smooth .

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a "no information" reply from my dealer. He seems as much in the dark from Ineos as we are. They haven't even got a date for their demonstrator yet.
looks like my January build date has evaporated!

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am in that boat. I was hoping to have mine before the end of March (ordered 5th September - supposedly February delivery when I ordered) to qualify for the UK’s Super Deduction (an extra 25% company tax refund for investing in vehicles or machinery) which ends in March.

Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
Bearing in mind the lack of updates I would like to know what happens if I pay the full price for my Grenadier and the company goes bust before I drive it away. Do I own my vehicle or have I lost all my money? Losing my deposit would hurt but I could cope, losing the whole price of the Grenadier would not be at all funny. Money paid to a company is not usually ring fenced. Some reassurance from Ineos Grenadier would be nice.

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am in that boat. I was hoping to have mine before the end of March (ordered 5th September - supposedly February delivery when I ordered) to qualify for the UK’s Super Deduction (an extra 25% company tax refund for investing in vehicles or machinery) which ends in March.
My thoughts too. Not so bothered about when it comes but would like it invoicing before the end of March!

Back
Top Bottom