The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS Radio Silence and the lesser spotted contract

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
Chased up my local dealer - Gloucester UK - today as they were due their demo 23rd of January. When I called them later on the 25th to see if they had received it and I could test drive, IG had not arrived.
Just dropped him a quick text this afternoon, he emailed IA on Monday and was waiting for a reply. (n)

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Chased up my local dealer - Gloucester UK - today as they were due their demo 23rd of January. When I called them later on the 25th to see if they had received it and I could test drive, IG had not arrived.
Just dropped him a quick text this afternoon, he emailed IA on Monday and was waiting for a reply. (n)
Similar, seems the dealers are being kept as much in the dark we are.

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
@tartan shepherd
Thankfully I've had some news recently

Ineos have said the car was built at the start of last week, 28th Jan it left the factory and the dealer needs it for 8 days.

I'm yet to hear from the dealer, last update was Monday when they phoned just to let me know that it hadn't yet arrived but they were chasing up Ineos.

The whole contract thing is baffling. No other car manufacturer makes you sign a contract for an unbuilt vehicle. Yes they will make you confirm your specs, but you don't need to sign anything until you get the keys and are at the dealer with the car.

Although I don't know how Tesla work, and their situation is similar to Ineos.

So while, yes there isn't much news, I think it's mainly down to the processes and procedures being setup wrong so now they're going to hang tight until they have news on your Gren.

Also (as others are saying) dealers don't know much either. As they're not official Ineos dealers, they're purely a company representing Ineos.

Until then, just hope and pray 😄

Does that help?

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
The whole contract thing is baffling. No other car manufacturer makes you sign a contract for an unbuilt vehicle. Yes they will make you confirm your specs, but you don't need to sign anything until you get the keys and are at the dealer with the car.
I´ve been working at a VOLKSWAGEN-AUDI-PORSCHE-DEALER in the 80s. At that time the people had to sign a contract. For my three - no, four NEW CARS (Audi, Volkswagen, Daihatsu) I had to sign a contract (1997, 2005, 2008, 2013). And after this contract they were building MY car, especially for me with my specifications. And after delivery I had to pay, and I had to take. AND NOW? YES, I WANT TO PAY, AND I WANT TO TAKE the Ineos Grenadier..... F_CK, YESSSS, I WANT IT! ;)

Back
Top Bottom