The Grenadier Forum
Register a free account today, you'll be able to post, access to the Technical section of the site, access the classified ads, and participate in group buys as well as other benefits. If you are an INEOS Agent/Dealer please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account. Unsolicited sales by any 3rd party are strictly against the terms and conditions of the forum. If you wish to be a registered vendor or partner then please contact admin@theineosforum.com for further information.

Ineos in race to buy Manchester United

Arkaig

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Reaction score

Manchester United: Sir Jim Ratcliffe's company Ineos formally joins process to buy club​

Sir Jim Ratcliffe
Sir Jim Ratcliffe is Britain's richest man, according to Forbes

British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe's firm Ineos has officially entered the race to buy Manchester United.
United's owners the Glazer family said in November that they were considering selling the club as they "explore strategic alternatives".
An Ineos spokesperson "We have formally put ourselves into the process."

Nomad

Contributor
Contract Signed
Reaction score
Not a MUFC club supporter. I just don't understand why all my family support a Lancashire team, when Leeds is more appropriate. :) However, I hope Ineos do buy the club, as he is a supporter and will have the English game at heart.

Jean Mercier

Contributor
Contract Signed
Reaction score

Manchester United: Sir Jim Ratcliffe's company Ineos formally joins process to buy club​

He is free to do with his money what he likes to do with it. Doing the same with my Grenadier, even my partner doesn't understand why I buy such an expensive car as the Grenadier.

Only difference: the Grenadier for me isn't an investment, it is "fun".
I would like Sir Jim to spend some money on less commercial sports, like Judo (my sport), ROI = almost 0. (ROI = Return On Investment).

DaveB

Veteran Contributor
In Production
Reaction score
He is free to do with his money what he likes to do with it. Doing the same with my Grenadier, even my partner doesn't understand why I buy such an expensive car as the Grenadier.

Only difference: the Grenadier for me isn't an investment, it is "fun".
I would like Sir Jim to spend some money on less commercial sports, like Judo (my sport), ROI = almost 0. (ROI = Return On Investment).
I did Japanese Jiu Jitsu many years ago, alongside karate, hapkido and some Aikido.
I have never done any judo though

Tazzieman

Very Active Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Founding Guard
Reaction score
I did Japanese Jiu Jitsu many years ago, alongside karate, hapkido and some Aikido.
I have never done any judo though
You'd love wrestling a human croc to the ground in a thick judogi in a sweaty Aussie gym!
Me not.

Tazzieman

Very Active Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Founding Guard
Reaction score
That's why I quit
Too much sharing of sweat and bad breath.
Particularly in summer in Queensland
At least they are partially clothed. Unlike Greco-Roman wrestling. And we won't google Turkish oil wrestling will we? It would be too off topic unless we mentioned corrosion protection.

DaveB

Veteran Contributor
In Production
Reaction score
Almost the same as Judo, in fact judo is an offspring (is that the right word?) of Jiu Jitsu.
Offshoot
Yes I believe Judo was created from Jiu Jitsu so it could be used as a sport in Japanese University's
A bit like Tae Kwando and Hapkido in Korea.

Reactions: Max

DCPU

Very Active Contributor
Contract Signed
Reaction score
Or enforcing the contract but liveried in red. 😉

klarie

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Reaction score
Hm just my 2ct. Ineos and Ratcliffe can do what he likes with his money.. I never liked "professional sports" Never football / soccer , F1, Basketball, Tennis, whatever.
One small exception was Golf, I played a bit during my time in Ireland / Athlone and Roscommon. But at the end.. no time, schedule a flight, playing 3.5 hours on a crowded course. Then a 2 lads with a Testarossa on a par 3 needing almost 20 Minutes to finish. Just money doesn't make you a proper Golf player. During University I did Aikido, Kendo & Iaido Muzojeekiden Aishin Ryu - but serious - nothing most people concern. - Finally I got in to sports shooting, service pistol, PP1, NPA, and occasionally trap / skeet and 300 /800 /1000m but nothing that attracts sponsors and its of course not woke at all.
The only way a Football club can make money beyond sponsors, is attract fans, selling licenses for TV and streaming, merchandise.. so only to get the spare money people have. The spare money is getting less and less however. I wonder what kind of advantage sees Sir Jim there.. Perhaps just an expensive toy.. but better this instead of another super yacht or an island like Epstein's (who shall rest in pieces)

Top Bottom