The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos in race to buy Manchester United

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
Sir Jim's bid apparently through to the 2nd round:

"Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani and Sir Jim Ratcliffe have been told that they have made it through to the next stage of the process.to buy Manchester United.

At least one more unnamed bidder has also made it through to the next stage, which will see all parties meet the Raine Group later this month at Old Trafford before being given access to detailed financial information which would allow them to make firm offers.

Sheikh Jassim and Ratcliffe want to buy Manchester United, while others are interested in a minority stake."

You have to wonder if all this has a negative effect upon the Grenadier, as it pulls his attention away and he delegates more and more.
I believe Sir Jim has enough executives to wind up his toys so he can watch them move around with joy while he focuses on the big picture so he can buy more of them.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
I believe Sir Jim has enough executives to wind up his toys so he can watch them move around with joy while he focuses on the big picture so he can buy more of them.
I get the impression he catches the odd game of football, if spending habits are anything to go by.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
Sir Jim's bid apparently through to the 2nd round:

"Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani and Sir Jim Ratcliffe have been told that they have made it through to the next stage of the process.to buy Manchester United.

At least one more unnamed bidder has also made it through to the next stage, which will see all parties meet the Raine Group later this month at Old Trafford before being given access to detailed financial information which would allow them to make firm offers.

Sheikh Jassim and Ratcliffe want to buy Manchester United, while others are interested in a minority stake."

You have to wonder if all this has a negative effect upon the Grenadier, as it pulls his attention away and he delegates more and more.
I do not care whether he buys a football club or not. He will have his focus on the Grenadier as long as he lies tor drive his own.
Another thing is what would happen to the brand when he passes away ( in a hopefully distant future) Than the managment of Ineos could wonder whether a car production line is really within the core competence of the group.

Reactions: Max

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I get the impression he catches the odd game of football, if spending habits are anything to go by.
And goes to the pub
And yacht races
And watching men in tights
And the odd African safari
And a marathon or two
Probably likes a weekend away in the Cotswold's and the Scottish highlands

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
what would happen to the brand when he passes away

I am sure that he has made provisions for this case.

I think, #JOB1 will go to the MoMA and we all will then have a 1 Million Dollar copy of this artwork.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
Please don’t buy the Scum Jim! I’d hate to think that any money I spent on the Grenadier went towards that awful club.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Please don’t buy the Scum Jim! I’d hate to think that any money I spent on the Grenadier went towards that awful club.
Now now…this could end in tears if we are not careful…apparently he has pulled out…he thought they said Manchester United football pub…boy oh boy that was close…no blood spilt please.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am sure it is an interest but really.....................he is a busy man
Ineos is a giant in the petro-chemical world, employing over 25,000 people in 36 businesses across 184 sites in 31 countries. In recent years, Ratcliffe has thrown his money and time behind numerous sporting codes and events including the Ineos Grenadiers professional cycling team, New Zealand’s all-conquering All Blacks rugby union team and, of course, the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team.
Ratcliffe is also a keen runner and Ineos was behind marathon world record holder Eliud Kipchoge’s successful attempt to break the two-hour barrier in the marathon distance in 2019. As a marathon runner myself, it was at this event in Vienna that I briefly met Sir Jim Ratcliffe, and his passion for ideas outside of the box was immediately apparent. While Ineos has been accused of sport-washing its primary business, Ratcliffe is passionately involved in many social and, indeed, environmental causes. One such example was the company’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic, when it established six production facilities (each in under 10 days) to make and bottle hand sanitiser. Millions of bottles of sanitiser were then supplied free of charge to hospitals around the world.

Wow, you managed to gather all that info from Sir Jim as he overtook you during a race ?? That’s impressive Dave

If you had managed to keep up with him for a bit you could have also asked him what he thought of the footwell hump and what’s going on with the software update !! 😀

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, you managed to gather all that info from Sir Jim as he overtook you during a race ?? That’s impressive Dave

If you had managed to keep up with him for a bit you could have also asked him what he thought of the footwell hump and what’s going on with the software update !! 😀
A straight up copy and paste from a press article

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
A straight up copy and paste from a press article

I was referring to the bit where you said you had met him and saw his passion for things Dave.

It was a light hearted comment as I m sure you know, as I know you have a sense of humour.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone savvy on Instagram, and could confirm that this is an official account?

Screenshot_20230513_085214.jpg

Reactions: PBD

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone savvy on Instagram, and could confirm that this is an official account?

View attachment 7811516
I doubt it’s official. However it looks like the story that SJR is leading the race has legs in the media. The Times is reporting the same.

Attachments

• 1AA53841-B75C-4338-9715-F4F1F92A2743.jpeg
    1AA53841-B75C-4338-9715-F4F1F92A2743.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 2

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Is this why there are problems with paying the final invoice amount for customers IG’s ?

The account we are asked to pay into is named wrong on the paying details I believe.

If you just add “MUFC slush fund” on the end payment goes through fine 😝

I think this will be another positive for us IG owners long term. I wonder if they will go down to Tottenhams ground and ask for the other ones back. Maybe it will be the Premiership players vehicle. Now that would be good for us….well if you all want to drive an Urban edition it will

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I was looking seriously and part of the reason I placed an order for an IG was the thought it would be a longer term purchase - 10 years plus - I see a lot of other posters also talk of the robust construction and the idea of keeping the vehicle long term

As we move into 2024 and with SJR now having yet another legacy project (MUFC following Merc F1 , Nice, Lausanne, Cycling, Americas Cup, sub-2hr Marathon , All Blacks, Belstaff etc etc) and talking of MUFC as the big project with his core advisory team being relocated to support the achievement of his goals and his £1.3 billion investment potentially rising by another £4 or more billion if he does secure full control - what position does the IG project stand at in the pecking order of legacy projects ?

I saw with some interest the new reduced/zero emissions vehicle the Fusilier and there is of course the Quartermaster (so more is happening but are folk confident that the IG vehicle project retains sufficient of his attention and has further stages to evolve through or is his attention now shifting elsewhere such that there is a “done that - move on” risk for the IG

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
is his attention now shifting elsewhere such that there is a “done that - move on” risk for the IG
In My Honest Opinion
If the Company's history is any indication of a commitment to rise, it would suggest not.

What I find interesting is the brand-building tools Ineos has adopted are all active leisure...subliminal in a sense...but targeting the right market...My biggest disappointment, being an Australian is his rugby team The All Blacks keep bashing our Wallabies...similar in the UK I would imagine ;)

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"I believe Sir Jim has enough executives to wind up his toys so he can watch them move around with joy while he focuses on the big picture so he can buy more of them".

I forgot that I posted this March 23 and now I am Driving one of those toys, so to speak (y)

Back
Top Bottom