The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Grenadier in Perth, WA... 4/6th Nov

Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
Very impressed seeing it in Perth, as I missed the first visit. Like the tall load space and the overall look and feel is solid.

Seats are very comfortable even in fabric - so much so that I might drop the leather from my order.

Only downsides from my perspective were paint quality (a bit orange-peel - if they had the painting quality of the colour samples, I'd be really impressed); bull bar capacity (spec'd at 80kg strike at 100kmh / vehicle damaged but drivable - would prefer vehicle undamaged) and the driver's left foot rest.

Apparently the inside of the right rear door is to be redesigned with the fold-down table, and the "long-awaited accessory catalog" will be out in December with a drawer system to create a fully flat floor with rear seats folded. Just hope that includes a pull-out ladder for access as the floor will be about 4' AGL.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Very impressed seeing it in Perth, as I missed the first visit. Like the tall load space and the overall look and feel is solid.

Seats are very comfortable even in fabric - so much so that I might drop the leather from my order.

Only downsides from my perspective were paint quality (a bit orange-peel - if they had the painting quality of the colour samples, I'd be really impressed); bull bar capacity (spec'd at 80kg strike at 100kmh / vehicle damaged but drivable - would prefer vehicle undamaged) and the driver's left foot rest.

Apparently the inside of the right rear door is to be redesigned with the fold-down table, and the "long-awaited accessory catalog" will be out in December with a drawer system to create a fully flat floor with rear seats folded. Just hope that includes a pull-out ladder for access as the floor will be about 4' AGL.
Thanks Keato for the great feedback.

Re: paint quality, Steve one of the UK on this forum, commented that he viewed a PTO3 a few days ago (in the UK) and was very impressed by the significant lift in paint quality between PTO2 & PTO3.

Any more details about the door resign - redesigned in what way?

Did INEOS say who is producing the draw system?

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
Who else on here went over the weekend? Must be a few... the car was crawling with people.

Impressions?
I have booked in for the demo in Adelaide. Just met the dealer here Paul Harvey who is busily setting up their showroom. Have spoken to him a few times and have now had a good chat to him
Knows his stuff, helped me make some changes. I know some people have had bad experiences with local dealers but this one looks like the real deal.
Looking forward to putting the Gren through its paces in a quarry and a sandy area. Waiting for my model to arrive, confirmed June, and hope that they have rearranged a few things to fit a bigger tank
I also heard that ARB are looking at roo bar??

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some good verdicts there (y)

Just another snippet whilst i'm thinking about it - I was told that the local dealer/ agent in Perth will be in Burswood/ Vic Park, directly opposite the BMW Mini dealership. A great location in my opinion - central and with easy access to N, S, E & W of the city

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Keato for the great feedback.

Re: paint quality, Steve one of the UK on this forum, commented that he viewed a PTO3 a few days ago (in the UK) and was very impressed by the significant lift in paint quality between PTO2 & PTO3.

Any more details about the door resign - redesigned in what way?

Did INEOS say who is producing the draw system?
The exact words that I heard from the Ineos rep were, "This is all changing" as he pointed to the inside of the rear door and its strut arrangement. No details on how it is to change.

No mention of who is doing the drawers. They just said that they have seen the catalog in draft, and that the drawers are designed to achieve a flat floor with seats folded.

Also said that a 3/4 roof rack is currently in development, so as not to cover the safari windows, and that Rhino Rack has had the current full-length roof rack on a test jig for the past 2 months to rattle test it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So walked out of my hotel in Perth today to go to work and bingo
Ineos guys are staying at my hotel
Down to the bar this evening and may get to buy Justin that beer I promised
Wonder what that redarc dial does??

Attachments

• 49AC461D-915B-4E9E-9F70-B688DF561F9A.jpeg
    49AC461D-915B-4E9E-9F70-B688DF561F9A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
  • E0B5AF86-6516-4C3A-A48E-710D27901B35.jpeg
    E0B5AF86-6516-4C3A-A48E-710D27901B35.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • 2246EFB1-7E13-4ABB-B4C6-7D272D02E49D.jpeg
    2246EFB1-7E13-4ABB-B4C6-7D272D02E49D.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
  • BFD77961-3DA8-4E65-BDC1-918C3C005851.jpeg
    BFD77961-3DA8-4E65-BDC1-918C3C005851.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • A3703C5B-9776-4888-B1B3-DF8C92DA55E2.jpeg
    A3703C5B-9776-4888-B1B3-DF8C92DA55E2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
  • CAA7DC96-824F-42CC-B353-EF65A96303F8.jpeg
    CAA7DC96-824F-42CC-B353-EF65A96303F8.jpeg
    972.5 KB · Views: 79

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well ask him all about how the Price Rises are affecting existing deposit holders.

If we change our specifications on the vehicles now, what happens to the pricing.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When I see him he will have knocked off work for the day so it would be extremely bad manners to start asking him work questions.
I will see him tomorrow at the drive so I can ask questions then.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So that should be interesting Dave.
I cannot imagine any of us being in a position to have a beer with Justin, and then not talking Grenadier with him.
You are right though, tomorrow should be a fun day.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
When I see him he will have knocked off work for the day so it would be extremely bad manners to start asking him work questions.
I
So walked out of my hotel in Perth today to go to work and bingo
Ineos guys are staying at my hotel
Down to the bar this evening and may get to buy Justin that beer I promised
Wonder what that redarc dial does??
I was wondering where the redarc knob was going to be installed. Is there an Anderson plug at the back?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
Give him the hard sell on the forum for the direct line straight to the core enthusiasts. We’re not like Facebook with their transient clickbate interlopers, well most of the time. ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Give him the hard sell on the forum for the direct line straight to the core enthusiasts. We’re not like Facebook with their transient clickbate interlopers, well most of the time. ;)
I discussed the forum with them and they have been bitten by the facebook groups acting like dicks. One of the other customers googled the group and asked me if he had found the right one.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
I discussed the forum with them and they have been bitten by the facebook groups acting like dicks. One of the other customers googled the group and asked me if he had found the right one.
I'm not on FB anymore, but a mate of mine is and he often shows me the IG groups (hes also on here but is a propper lurker :ROFLMAO: ) . Seems to be a lot of misinformation and rubbish flying around on there, with people coming out with all sorts.

I think its easier to join a FB group with no intention of purchasing said vehicle, and just spouting crap.

Whereas a forum whittles down to the core audience of enthusiast.

Back
Top Bottom