The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos CEO Lynn Calder: politicians need to get real about the green transition

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
Some interesting snippets.

"In the case of the Ineos electric 4×4 that Calder plans to have on sale in 2026, the powertrain costs roughly three times as much as a combustion equivalent. ‘It will only get worse as more and more countries pull from those limited raw materials."

"We might pretty much price consumers out of the car."

"‘We’ve spent a lot of time in our own echo chamber with the Grenadier,’ she added. ‘When all you’re doing is listening to your own opinions, then everyone can be in great alignment and it’s all fantastic. But now we’re going to hear what everyone thinks. We’ve always said the public, the consumer, will be the judge of this vehicle. We will hear all sorts of things we don’t like. I want to listen to that, it’s really important."

" ‘The battery-electric that’s coming in 2026 won’t be a Grenadier. It will still have that off-road DNA of course, but it won’t be a Grenadier, so we really are moving towards a portfolio of products."

She talks of" being a customer-centric organisation, not a product-centric organisation,"

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
@DCPU this is exactly what I assumed. That is in fact someting that has some off-road capability - but no Grenadier.
Of course - they did a thingie that Sir Jim wanted. - Of course, perhaps there wil be a V2.0 of the Grenadier some time in the future. - What is the demand however. - We know what we want- A proper offroader. Simplistic, economic to operate, robust, easy to repair, good weight / payload ratio, good range, and easy to adapt and modify.
Not all of this is achievable by regulation and perhaps a couple of things weren't achieved by Grenadier.
What we have now - is at least something that we missed for years now.
It is probably not what we expected but quite close. - Of course things can be better. There is always some one who will complain. I think V1.0 of Grenadier was better than expected.
A BEV / FCEV is not really a Grenadier. - To me and what I expect a rather lifestyle vehicle.
It won't fulfil / cant fulfil expectations set to a Grenadier.
But a Grenadier V2.0 may have less weight and perhaps no hump in the right footwell.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
A BEV / FCEV is not really a Grenadier. - To me and what I expect a rather lifestyle vehicle.
It won't fulfil / cant fulfil expectations set to a Grenadier.
I'm looking forward to it.

It may become a lifestyle vehicle but if it matches up to the spec described by Sir Jim in his interview ~ an estate 4x4 ~ then it should be a useful off-roader.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
@DCPU yeah .. perhaps. You wrote "if" and should".. - In my company there is a strict rule: Do not make contracts or sell products based on forward looking statements or capabilities not yet there. Our company vehicles department however wants us to use e-vehicles and assumptions NOT yet there.
We will see if the vehicle meets expectations. - Everything else is crystal ball gazing.

Back
Top Bottom