The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Increased Fuel Tank

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
Nothing is available on the market as of yet; looking under it, the space is quite limited. Many aftermarket tanks for other vehicles gain capacity by protruding slightly further downwards, however, on the Grenadier, the fuel tank skid is already the lowest point, so this seems less than ideal.

Hopefully the usual suspects (Long Range in Oz/USA and some of the other US tank manufacturers that have recently started doing fuel tanks for "overland" vehicles) take notice and put forth the R&D

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing is available on the market as of yet; looking under it, the space is quite limited. Many aftermarket tanks for other vehicles gain capacity by protruding slightly further downwards, however, on the Grenadier, the fuel tank skid is already the lowest point, so this seems less than ideal.

Hopefully the usual suspects (Long Range in Oz/USA and some of the other US tank manufacturers that have recently started doing fuel tanks for "overland" vehicles) take notice and put forth the R&D
I've heard folks talk about possibly eliminating the muffler and using that space.

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
I've heard folks talk about possibly eliminating the muffler and using that space.
I’m sure I’ve seen a build on here where the silencer & twin exhaust has been replaced with a straight through exhaust leaving quite a large space for a tank.

Francois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone installed an additional fuel tank on their Grenadier? I’m based in Cape Town, South Africa and was looking for recommendations on who to talk to regarding upsizing my fuel tank.
Hi Danny, you can speak to me. We have installed a 102 liter aux diesel tank at Charles from C&A Products in Saxenburg. We have removed the muffler box and have used the space for the tank. There is nothing installed in the muffler box

Have tested the sound before and after the removal of the box and have found no difference in sound.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Danny, you can speak to me. We have installed a 102 liter aux diesel tank at Charles from C&A Products in Saxenburg. We have removed the muffler box and have used the space for the tank. There is nothing installed in the muffler box

Have tested the sound before and after the removal of the box and have found no difference in sound.
This agrees with what I have heard about the diesels. Petrol vehicles, on the other hand, may be impacted by the removal of the muffler.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This agrees with what I have heard about the diesels. Petrol vehicles, on the other hand, may be impacted by the removal of the muffler.
Although, the Milltek exhaust is literally just $1000 of piping and some fancy tips to delete the muffler, and it still doesn't sound very loud

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
I've been looking at prospects for portable auxiliary diesel fuel tanks other than jerry cans ... and I found these... price includes a12V 40L/min electric pump with auto shut-off..
The 100L version could easily be accommodated in the rear of a Grenadier ...especially when the rear seat has been removed...
Those with a sturdy camper trailer or caravan with generous front end external access storage could accommodate as much as 300L...

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score

Hey Francois,

How much did it cost you?

Were measurements done of the noise level before and after?

Thank you

dannypalm

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score

Hi Francois

Thanks for the help - could you send me Charles details? If you don’t mind me asking what did it cost you?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I did see that Outdoor Warehouse offers a generic plastic fuel cell that offers an extra 60 litres of fuel and it isn’t expensive. Mount where you want it style.

Probably not a long term or exactly ideal solution but good for a quick and easy fix to get people wheeling.

I assume that as and when someone develops a swing away wheel carrier it will be easier to carry more fuel in Jerry cans or ideally a more custom version.

Back
Top Bottom