The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ignition signal (engine running etc. ) for tracker.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, I am about to install a GPS tracker.
12V continuous and ground is no problem but the relay type tracker has also a signal input for engine running / (15)
What is the best place in the space around the main fuse block under rear seat to acquire the signal Ignition / Engine running?
Thank yor for any support here - I was looking and searching .. but nothing found there..
/KLaus

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Usual suggestion is to piggy-back it off a fuse, just pick one that is live with ignition on. To truly detect engine on would need you to take logic from the ODB port and get it interpreted.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Usual suggestion is to piggy-back it off a fuse, just pick one that is live with ignition on. To truly detect engine on would need you to take logic from the ODB port and get it interpreted.
Piggybacking is exactly what I intended. At the moment the tracker works, but what I was intending if anybody had done it already what is the best place to do it. For now the system is waking up on motion and will send one signal per minute. Perhaps I will do that later. This is the 2nd mod I did, next will be 2 additional worklights one to the right side and one to the rear attached to the ladder.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
Piggybacking is exactly what I intended. At the moment the tracker works, but what I was intending if anybody had done it already what is the best place to do it. For now the system is waking up on motion and will send one signal per minute. Perhaps I will do that later. This is the 2nd mod I did, next will be 2 additional worklights one to the right side and one to the rear attached to the ladder.
The man from Scorpion 🦂 Alarms is coming on Saturday to fit a Tracker, so may have a definitive answer how he does it. Apparently he has fitted them to Grenadiers before

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, I am about to install a GPS tracker.
12V continuous and ground is no problem but the relay type tracker has also a signal input for engine running / (15)
What is the best place in the space around the main fuse block under rear seat to acquire the signal Ignition / Engine running?
Thank yor for any support here - I was looking and searching .. but nothing found there..
/KLaus
check out https://www.theineosforum.com/attachments/img_1163-jpg.7817893/ It's the spare 40 Amp cable outlet under the rear seat... e.g. for compressor etc. The +12V yellow wire is ignition activated. Job done!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom