The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Idle speculation on the cause of the delay..

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
I have to say how did this get this far ? if its safety critical .

BTW Ineos contacted me with the fact that we will all get white letters on your BFG's oh No so not me .
TBF, the safety critical comment was mine, not IA’s. I used this wording as any corporate risk assessment would err on the side of safety with a subject like braking systems and controls…. You know litigious folk are.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
I have many many times told drivers that one of their brake lights isn't working
Nobody really looks behind and I guess such a random problem took a while before anyone noticed.
That's an issue that affect as many last century analog cars as those with ECUs and the associated gobbledegook.
This reported Grenadier issue seems deeper than just a blown globe or loose wire.
I would hate to have to have to decode the wiring diagram or the way the "brain" talks to the "body".
My 1981 928 is bad enough....even back then there were rudimentary circuit boards that told you if a light was bad (not just the globe - the wires , the connection etc) .
And then you also rely on the globe and wiring in the printed circuit foil in the instrument pod to warn you...
42 years later , and is the world better or safer for all the efforts?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
It is interesting to read about the issues BMW are having due to the Chip and wiring harness troubles because of supply shortages after Ukraine was invaded...they are suggesting that their production will be back to 2021 figures because of these issues...would you think that would have a flow on effect...what part of the food chain are Ineos in the BMW Empire...just a thought but I would bet that BMW knows what side their bread is buttered when the chips are down...happy motoring soon ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's an issue that affect as many last century analog cars as those with ECUs and the associated gobbledegook.
This reported Grenadier issue seems deeper than just a blown globe or loose wire.
I would hate to have to have to decode the wiring diagram or the way the "brain" talks to the "body".
My 1981 928 is bad enough....even back then there were rudimentary circuit boards that told you if a light was bad (not just the globe - the wires , the connection etc) .
And then you also rely on the globe and wiring in the printed circuit foil in the instrument pod to warn you...
42 years later , and is the world better or safer for all the efforts?
The world is different
when I say "your right brake light isn't working" I am often asked "in the back?"
I guess some vehicles have brake lights in the front??
Or more common is "mind your own damn business" or words to that effect
One young heavily tattooed purple haired girl had an amazing reaction when I told her her rear indicators weren't working in her Mercedes Van
I could see the front ones working so knew she was using them.
Next lights she pulled up beside me and thanked me several times as she couldn't afford to get a fine again.

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't heard of any delays regarding production from my authorised dealer, my vehicle has apparently been built and I'm waiting for it to arrive here during March.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't heard of any delays regarding production from my authorised dealer, my vehicle has apparently been built and I'm waiting for it to arrive here during March.
I hope that we don't hear of any delays in production and delivery to our agents/dealers...it seems that it's a fairly common practice to send the vehicles and have them wait for the finishing touches at the agents/dealers...it stops backlog and keeps the process flowing, time and money wise when it comes to dealerships and floor plans... ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Or more common is "mind your own damn business" or words to that effect
You are brave to engage. Too many road rage incidents and drug addicts who would like to cause GBH.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They seem easy to build , but as with building a house finishing off the last 5% takes at least 50% of the overall time ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You are brave to engage. Too many road rage incidents and drug addicts who would like to cause GBH.
There is a fine line between brave and stupid
I was in the car park recently and a person in the car opposite dropped all their McDonalds rubbish out the window onto the ground.
I walked over, picked it up and dropped it back in his lap.
By the time I got back to my car the guy was running at me screaming.
He went down like a bag of shit and started crying.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I had a woman not so long ago pass me on my Moto Guzzi plus four other vehicles over a double white line forcing another coming the other way to avoid her...I caught up to her at a stopping point and rode to her window where she immediately grabbed me around my throat, I started moving forward whilst pulling her out of her seat and through the window until she let go and sped off...iced out or something similar... learned a modern day lesson...tomorrow she might reach for a weapon...safe motoring ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I had a woman not so long ago pass me on my Moto Guzzi plus four other vehicles over a double white line forcing another coming the other way to avoid her...I caught up to her at a stopping point and rode to her window where she immediately grabbed me around my throat, I started moving forward whilst pulling her out of her seat and through the window until she let go and sped off...iced out or something similar... learned a modern day lesson...tomorrow she might reach for a weapon...safe motoring ;)
A BJJ friend sent me this once

Attachments

• fight.jpg
    fight.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 80

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Max we no longer have the safe society we once had and you now almost think of carrying some sort of weapon in the vehicle when you travel. That reminds me, I must go to Bunnings and get some wasp spray.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A BJJ friend sent me this once
I resemble that remark
I am old, overweight and unfit.
Couldn't run out of sight on a dark night
So I know if I do have to defend myself I need to end it in 15 seconds or less.
The advantage of learning martial arts instead of pumping iron at the gym is the basic skills always stay with you.
A solid stance and a well aimed front kick,from an old fart, comes as quite a surprise to a young punk with attitudinal issue that need adjusting.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Max we no longer have the safe society we once had and you now almost think of carrying some sort of weapon in the vehicle when you travel. That reminds me, I must go to Bunnings and get some wasp spray.
Luckily in Australia there is very little chance of a gun in the vehicle.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hovex doesn't work Len. Save the $13. My next method of attack is a spray bottle of kero + a match.
Have to wait til fire season is over though; don't want to set the dune alight.

Local time
Reaction score
There is always risk in launching production (early). The question is how good is your risk mitigation.
Rumour has it that as an engineer at Toyota you will need CEO approval to make a running production design change. This puts the organisation under so much pressure to work defect free, that by culture and by process there will be only very few problems that have to be dealt with.

With Ineos, they do need to get going and prove out their production capability. They can have strict rules and processes in place, but they won’t have the experience with people and the vehicle to have the same results as an established manufacturer, even if this is not a start up plant.
That doesn't surprise me at all about Toyota. It's also why if they do get it wrong, they will sometimes keep making a faulty design for years. No one wants to fall on their sword!

Back
Top Bottom