The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Idle speculation on the cause of the delay..

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
this one: "And "getting used" and eliminating production problems was the task of the PTO1, PTO2 and PTO3 series". Yes, but these pre-production vehicles were not suitable enough to show rarely or very rarely occurring problems. From this point of view, the first Customer vehicles may still be considered pre-series products.
[Coloring by me]

Thank you for the clarification.

So I don't see a contradiction in our assessment: I do agree with you, in that the PTOx series probably haven't fulfilled their task.

And I do of course in particular agree to this:
Ineos should quietly subject my car to intensive quality control

EDIT: addendum

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
From several people posting a round that I can find, that have cars in the EU at dealerships, it seems SOFTWARE is the primary cause for hold up.

COSTA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
This maybe accurate, but doesn't avoid the point that informed and responsible people at IA promised deadline after deadline and missed them all, even when they should have the industry experience and visibility of production ramp up and supply chain pressures.

My current concern is if you need a spare part (once you are luck enough to receive a vehicle) is the infrastructure and support in place or will my vehicle potentially be off the road for weeks?
Ofcourse not. That wouldn't happen.

I can see it now....

Your part will arrive in two weeks.
Yes it shows the part has been despatched. Yep, should be here any day now.
Parts imminent.
Parts in production.
You will have your parts in 14 days.
Your parts have vanished.

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ha! Read through all this and cannot fault any of the arguments from Taiwanese brothels to software fixes, but from my days in the car industry, there comes two distinct memories neither of which have really surfaced here.
Firstly, the kicked-over-ants-nest effect in the factory prior to and at the launch of a new model (note NOT new car!). In some instances, panic would be an understatement.
Secondly, the unstated industry advice to all who were desperate to get a new model, that advice was to try getting one of the first 5,000 off the line as these were as near to hand built as was possible. After that the lines went auto and problems started to appear.
Mind, that's all 20+ years ago - maybe (1) still applies, don't know about (2)! :unsure:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From several people posting a round that I can find, that have cars in the EU at dealerships, it seems SOFTWARE is the primary cause for hold up.
I spoke to IA this morning on this subject and it seems that a software glitch in the braking system is the problem.

in short, when the brake pedal is depressed the rear brake light operates but when you remove your foot, the light stays on for a period of time. Low latency. I got the sense it was mere seconds but it’s unsatisfactory.. He added that Hambach are working on a fix but it seems the various code changes they’ve tried then go on to affect other bits and bobs. As its braking related and safety critical, it would explain the delay.

when the fix is found it’s a “flash update “ taking c five minutes. They would not be pressed on how long it’ll take, but it’s going to be weeks was my take away.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
tks EP. How painful for you, but at least you know it lives and is nearby.

Do you know if this is the only barrier to overcome in order for you to take delivery or you suspect further issues?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
tks EP. How painful for you, but at least you know it lives and is nearby.

Do you know if this is the only barrier to overcome in order for you to take delivery or you suspect further issues?
As far as I know, this is the only issue that is preventing delivery.. so near, but still so far….!

Local time
Reaction score
As far as I know, this is the only issue that is preventing delivery.. so near, but still so far….!
I have to say how did this get this far ? if its safety critical .

BTW Ineos contacted me with the fact that we will all get white letters on your BFG's oh No so not me .

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

BTW Ineos contacted me with the fact that we will all get white letters on your BFG's oh No so not me .
Mine are coming off anyway as I've decided to fit 33", I should have just ordered the cheaper tyres but I'm scared to modify the order in case it uses a delay. Theoretically it might actually be built already..

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

If that turns out to be the sole issue after all everyone has suffered in the final delivery saga, I have to say ...."get a life" 🤣

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score

Throw $50 at a tyre shop and they will reverse them for you so the white is inside.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
I spoke to IA this morning on this subject and it seems that a software glitch in the braking system is the problem.

in short, when the brake pedal is depressed the rear brake light operates but when you remove your foot, the light stays on for a period of time. Low latency. I got the sense it was mere seconds but it’s unsatisfactory.. He added that Hambach are working on a fix but it seems the various code changes they’ve tried then go on to affect other bits and bobs. As its braking related and safety critical, it would explain the delay.

when the fix is found it’s a “flash update “ taking c five minutes. They would not be pressed on how long it’ll take, but it’s going to be weeks was my take away.
Just have a recall with my new Harley, same problem

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I have many many times told drivers that one of their brake lights isn't working
Nobody really looks behind and I guess such a random problem took a while before anyone noticed.
As for the lettering any tyre shop would swap them around for you for $20-$50

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine are coming off anyway as I've decided to fit 33", I should have just ordered the cheaper tyres but I'm scared to modify the order in case it uses a delay. Theoretically it might actually be built already..
So depending on wheel selected the standard K02 tyre is 31.7 inch to 32.1 inch diameter.
Going to all that trouble to get an extra 0.45 - 0.7 inches of ground clearance seems a bit of a waste of time and money to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom