The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Identifying 4 Bare Wires under rear seat near sub

arcteryx33

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify the 4 blocked off wires under my rear seat near where the sub is mounted. I thought maybe they were and air compressor hook-up as seen on another thread but the colors dont match and I have 4. Colors appear to be black, grey, purple, and yellow/red.

IMG_2935.jpgIMG_2934.jpg

Reactions: PBD

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Trailer brake controller connection

Yellow/Red - Power
Black - Ground
Violet/Orange - Signal
Grey - Control

arcteryx33

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Trailer brake controller connection

Yellow/Red - Power
Black - Ground
Violet/Orange - Signal
Grey - Control
Thanks for the fast response! Now just need to locate those other wires I was referencing :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response! Now just need to locate those other wires I was referencing :)
The "air compressor" wires were only on the MY23 vehicles; that circuit was replaced for MY24 with the subwoofer power supply

archerwolf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
Is the yellow/red wire ignition sensitive? Is it off when the ignition is off or is it 12V+ constant?

Thank you.

arcteryx33

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The "air compressor" wires were only on the MY23 vehicles; that circuit was replaced for MY24 with the subwoofer power supply
Ah bummer :( My single ARB compressor is en route and I thought it was going to an easy plug in. Any thoughts on power ground and ig switch wiring? I tore everything apart tonight and can confirm no extra wires

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah bummer :( My single ARB compressor is en route and I thought it was going to an easy plug in. Any thoughts on power ground and ig switch wiring? I tore everything apart tonight and can confirm no extra wires
Factory grounds are all over the interior of the vehicle, literally every 1-2 ft

Power can be grabbed from several spots:
  • Straight off the battery (less desired)
  • From position #7 (furthest to the driver side) of the 7 outlet bus bar behind the battery (it has no fuse installed, so either add one in line or pop the "SHUNT" labelled fuse bypass out for an appropriate fuse) - This space is occupied if you have the aux battery
  • From position #4 of the 7 outlet bus bar behind the battery (this is fused at 60A and intended for the inverter, thus empty if you do not have the inverter)
Edit: if you need switched power, in the fuse box behind the battery, the rearward row of fuses that runs transversely across the vehicle should all be switched power. I chose the 5A fuse in the middle to use a fuse-tap to piggyback off of for my switched trigger as this is the power mirror control. Ensure that you are putting the fuse tap in with the correct orientation to ensure the output side is fused and not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom