The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ideas on drawer systems

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
My go to in the past 3 vehicles was DECKED, although I'm confident they aren't getting into the game of SUV drawers anytime soon.... In my 4Runner I utilized 80/20 Quick Frame to build a box (enclosed with composite panels on the side and aluminum on top) that held 4 Front Runner boxes "inside". Think drawers sans the drawers.

With all that being said, I'm interested in seeing what GooseGear comes up with, albeit quite pricey, we recently installed their rear seat delete in my girlfriend's Tacoma with great results

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure of if it has been mentioned already but I know a few people of commented on an interest for a shelf that would bring the rear floor up to the level of the folded rear seats to make one flat floor.

I knew I had seen something similar recently in a new vehicle but couldn’t remember what, but thought at the time, that it could be a real possibility for the IG and should be that expensive to make either. Some company will make one for sure, but this could be made all in for around £150-£200.

It’s from the ID Buzz, where the raised floor has the aluminium wavy legs which is lightweight and allows for a super strong raised platform that can still allow storage underneath. Made to measure draws will easily be £1750, so. A hell of a potential saving and with some ingenuity this could be made adjustable

See what you think

IMG_0174.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Brilliant idea!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:11 PM
Reaction score
I like it. Have drawers in my 4runner and any time I haul something big I wish I had extra clearance. A removable platform with bins underneath would be almost as secure and far more convenient.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I like it. Have drawers in my 4runner and any time I haul something big I wish I had extra clearance. A removable platform with bins underneath would be almost as secure and far more convenient.

My thoughts exactly Bruce. I have draws in a pick up and from time to time I wish I didn’t have them at all. The more I think of the easily removable shelf like this the more I think it’s the better option. Depending on the legs it could go much higher if needed and also serves as a security screen for whatever is under it.

I am currently researching the legs. Not sure what they are called but the remind me of the lightweight floor joist system that is sometimes used in the UK…wavy aluminium flat tube.

If someone knows then please post.

Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
I made a shelf for a Jeep I had years back and was looking into the same for the IG. That VW is the basic idea I had, and possibly could be fabricated similarly with a fold up and to store against the back seats?

I would consider using laminated ply maple coated with truck bed liner to start. The legs need to be decided on/found as mentioned by Shaky.

It could be as simplistic as this idea? https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/threads/suv-cargo-shelf.398041/

Or: https://100things2do.ca/trunk-organizer-double-storage-space/

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
I was watching a few earlier Drifta videos yesterday and saw their setup for the 300 series landcruiser. Some really smart ideas in this and being a small independent manufacturer they will make changes based on your needs.
Interesting thet they don’t use steel runners for their drawers to save weight and space.
I’m keen to have a look at this more closely before choosing a system.

View: https://youtu.be/VnRUfkDDj3g

I also recommend having a look at his travel videos on youtube - some brilliant trips and he’s always dropping little hints here and there on better ways to set stuff up.

This one where he shows his 79 Series set up before he heads to do the Canning Stock Route for example. What a awesome set up he’s done with that ute. I’d love a set up like that, the lord only knows what it would cost though.

View: https://youtu.be/7VKx3UwGTjs

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was watching a few earlier Drifta videos yesterday and saw their setup for the 300 series landcruiser. Some really smart ideas in this and being a small independent manufacturer they will make changes based on your needs.
Interesting thet they don’t use steel runners for their drawers to save weight and space.

I also recommend having a look at his travel videos on youtube - some brilliant trips and he’s always dropping little hints here and there on better ways to set stuff up.

This one where he shows his 76 Series set up before he heads to do the Canning Stock Route for example. What a awesome set up he’s done with that ute. I’d love a set up like that, the lord only knows what it would cost though.

Heaps more space in those drawers, wonder how the plastic runners stand up after a few years of use? The fridge slide where you can replace with a drawer and a top panel when not in use seems like a good idea.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:11 PM
Reaction score
Heaps more space in those drawers, wonder how the plastic runners stand up after a few years of use? The fridge slide where you can replace with a drawer and a top panel when not in use seems like a good idea.
Beachy is the best. Been following them for a while and will using their Teflon slides instead if drawers. Another idea will be cubbies with a canvas bag. The cover of the drawer will be velcro fabric. I can rotate the bags depending on the need

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I used to be a fan of Drifta but Luke has become a serious bat shit crazy conspiracy theorist, to the point where I think the guy is mentally ill.

I'll be going with ORS drawers most likely
No need to slander him. Whatever happened to letting people have a different opinion.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Its my personal opinion which I am allowed to have. But there are many people in the industry that have the same opinion. You are more than welcome to support him. It's a free country
Fair enough.

But I’m not interested in his personal views, just how good he puts his product together.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

This one where he shows his 79 Series set up before he heads to do the Canning Stock Route for example. What a awesome set up he’s done with that ute. I’d love a set up like that, the lord only knows what it would cost though.

That first 300 series video is very similar to what I have in the works... By works, all I have currently is a whole lot of measurments and ideas with some fixtures decided upon. Do it once do it right so taking my time. It's all about maximising space. Thanks for sharing that. Confirms a few of my ideas.

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I got a quote 2yrs ago from Drifta to do 3 side by side 250H drawers in a canopy, so flat platform top. Unit was 1650L x 800D. Price was $3150, maybe add 10% inflation gives you ~$3500. Weight quoted was ~70kgs!

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Buzz setup looks good.
@buzzspecialvehicles do you have an idea of total weight for this?

Drawings:

Attachments

• 358092513_6729997850384562_7235145383745760088_n.jpg
    358092513_6729997850384562_7235145383745760088_n.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 120

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in a planning mood.
Can someone give me the angle of the rear seat back in the Trialmaster variant?
And is the stated cargo length of 983mm to the back of tge seat ir the back of the plastic lip?
Cheers!

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This photo

358092513_6729997850384562_7235145383745760088_n.jpg
Shows a big issue that I haven’t seen dealt with yet. How to utilise the space around (above, front and back) the oddly shaped wheel humps.
In this design particularly on the RHS there is heaps of room that will either be unused, or at best have stuff shoved in to try and fill unfilled gaps.
The LHS is really wasted space, as you can’t really load it without disrupting the operation of the fridge slide.

Easy to just chuck draws in, but harder to make clear use of this space. Something to ponder /work through.

Back
Top Bottom