The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ideas on drawer systems

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
Good to see the FR 3/4 rack has worked for him (Scott) ,as that's what I've gone for.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:15 PM
Reaction score
Also, Ineos have apparently placed no stipulation on him to use OEM accessories where available. Hopefully, they won't cancel the warranty on their own vehicle...

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
Not assembled yet. A few things changed since my first concept, this was due to the fridge slide (slide it solutions) I had a measurement wrong, nonetheless very happy with the slide. It's resulted in some tight tolerances.
52 litre bushman fridge. 35L water tank behind the fridge and drawer. Drawer cavity is 700mm x 580ishmm wide.
Will have drop in sides, and with the fridge out a drop in panel for a level floor once again.
I'm putting an 85lt Bushman upright in mine, should be an interesting project 🤔

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm putting an 85lt Bushman upright in mine, should be an interesting project 🤔
Yeah trying to get it all in is a Challenge. I think I've done well... concept wise haha. Execution.... will have to wait till it's complete. Worst case it all gets carpeted to hide any stuff ups.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
Yeah trying to get it all in is a Challenge. I think I've done well... concept wise haha. Execution.... will have to wait till it's complete. Worst case it all gets carpeted to hide any stuff ups.
I have the identical set-up as you have inc the fridge in my 200 series, works well. The best thing about the Grenadier is the square shape as this allows for taller wider load ideas. It's not as deep hence my reasoning in the upright. I've done a mock up on paper.....it should fit 😬

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Like demonstrating the nonsense written in your own manual:
Screenshot_20230914_133356.jpg

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My idea for the drawers was as follows. I wanted a sleeping surface of 170 cm which is my height. I removed part of the seat and folded the backrest. The system should be quick to remove. I didn't want much metal, so I glued it with wooden dowels. My carpenter cut the poplar wood 15 mm thick for me and later constructed drawers for me. The system stands on felt, is screwed into the airline rails and each other and consists of two parts. The drawers can be removed. My Engel fridge will be on the right in the direction of travel, for which I have placed a new power socket from the auxiliary battery in the lid of the right-hand shelf. I have ordered a mattress to lie on, two-part folding so that I can use the rear space as a complete loading area. Here are a few more pictures.
I love this drawer system. I built one very similar to it for my disco 2. The long drawer accommodates my long arms and dog/field equipment perfectly. The shorter drawer accommodates my tools and recovery gear. I attached an L track (airline rails) and some D rings on the top of mine to tie things down with. The quality of your work is amazing. Great job.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
IA/Rhino have sort of shot themselves in the foot by not offering a 3/4 rack.
I'm still waiting for the dimensions of the 1/2 rack ; ticket lodged several weeks away , they "didn't know"
meanwhile of course I've bought the FR rack...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IA/Rhino have sort of shot themselves in the foot by not offering a 3/4 rack.
I'm still waiting for the dimensions of the 1/2 rack
Is the one Ineos is calling a ¾ the same as the one you are calling a ½?

Screenshot_20230915-010432.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I don't believe that's a 3/4 and until someone can post dimensions , neither will anyone else.
It looks square and short.
For the life of me , why can't they specify its size? Is it a state secret?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't believe that's a 3/4 and until someone can post dimensions , neither will anyone else.
It looks square and short.
For the life of me , why can't they specify its size? Is it a state secret?
You're close! A rough calc as follows:
The distance from the rear corner of the Grenadier to the beginning of the front "Alpine rail section" is 113cm. The "Alpine" section is an additional 63cm (total distance 176cm), while the total distance from the rear to the front of the roof at the windscreen is approximately 270cm.. So 135cm (half way) is approx. a hand span along the front alpine insert from its rear.
A true "3/4" rack (202cm) would extend a (large) "hand span" past the front edge of the forward "Alpine" rail insert.
So in total the photo example, allowing for parallax error is a "couple of feet short.... " of a true 3/4
🤔

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The distance from the rear corner of the Grenadier to the beginning of the front "Alpine rail section" is 113cm. The "Alpine" section is an additional 63cm (total distance 176cm), while the total distance from the rear to the front of the roof at the windscreen is approximately 270cm.. So 135cm (half way) is approx. a hand span along the front alpine insert from its rear.
A true "3/4" rack (202cm) would extend a (large) "hand span" past the front edge of the forward "Alpine" rail insert.
So in total the photo example, allowing for parallax error is a "couple of feet short.... " of a true 3/4
🤔
I applaud the calculation; however, the danger is trusting a rendering that no technically competent persons seems to sign off on before it's uploaded - we've had 3 wheeled vehicles, floating winch recovery kits in the loadspace area and front hitch receivers with winch freespool levers attached, toname but a few.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
🤔
My eye micrometer honed over 30+years of microscopy told me that ;)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
🤔
Thanks Denis but saturday night - I've had 3 glasses of wine - too complex for me - what about drawing a picture!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom