The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I’ve had my IG for 2 weeks. Orange engine warning light came on after picking up from getting windows tinted. Any ideas?

mocrain

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had my IG for two weeks. Love it. Took in to get windows tinted and when I picked it up, the orange engine light is on. Any ideas? I left the car alone for a couple of hours to let it go to sleep mode, but light came back on when I started it up.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had my IG for two weeks. Love it. Took in to get windows tinted and when I picked it up, the orange engine light is on. Any ideas? I left the car alone for a couple of hours to let it go to sleep mode, but light came back on when I started it up.
Did you fill it up with gas?

Vote:
Upvote 0

EFR5722

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is on too. I also tinted windows recentply. Can’t imagine that’s it. But if you figure it out let me know

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
Thank you. Just tried it and the light is still on. Frustrating…
Hmm. Sleep on it , maybe by morning someone will have a suggestion , maybe a miracle will have happened , otherwise it's a call to the dealer.

Vote:
Upvote 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Either take it to your dealer, or grab a generic OBD2 code reader and see what the code is. There are literally thousands of reasons it could be on, none directly related to having the windows tinted

Vote:
Upvote 0

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do you do a reset?

Any generic code reader will work. I keep a bluetooth reader in the glove box.

If the engine seems to be running fine, I'd be willing to bet its a P0461. I've been told (by a dealer) that this is popping up due to a software issue, and will be resolved at some point.

Vote:
Upvote 0

mocrain

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

If the engine seems to be running fine, I'd be willing to bet its a P0461. I've been told (by a dealer) that this is popping up due to a software issue, and will be resolved at some point.
Thank you! Will let you know what I find out today.

Vote:
Upvote 0

mocrain

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

If the engine seems to be running fine, I'd be willing to bet it’s a P0461. I've been told (by a dealer) that this is popping up due to a software issue, and will be resolved at some point.
The Codes were P0461 and MIL ON

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom