The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel HVO100 EN15940 paraffin Diesel fuel

Barttraeger

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier manual only refers to EN590 conform Diesel but I read that BMW has approved new and legacy engines (manufactured from March 2020) for the co2 neutral EN15940 paraffin fuel. Anyone know if this applies to Grenadier variants or not?

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier manual only refers to EN590 conform Diesel but I read that BMW has approved new and legacy engines (manufactured from March 2020) for the co2 neutral EN15940 paraffin fuel. Anyone know if this applies to Grenadier variants or not?
Ciao Barttraeger,
I have asked my dealer and as well the Italian service manager a while ago and never got an answer. I am guessing HVO would be approved and apart from a 90% CO2 reduction I think the regeneration of the DPF is no longer needed and also the ease of a cold start could be an advantage. Do not forget that the diesel in Central Europe is not of best quality compared to the one in the Nordics.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
Ineos provided vehicles for the HVO100 goes Germany Event (so maybe there will be official approval of Ineos for its use):

Vote:
Upvote 0

Barttraeger

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score
Yes I saw that in Bild. Let’s see what comes out about it. I remember flexibility on fuel (eg quality) was an early mentioned design criteria for Grenadier.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom