The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How do we feel about sexist remarks on the forum ?

Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
The original post about sexism - which is a subset of PC ...
As the OP l'm glad that distinction has been made. It really was a singular thing concluding with an invitation for comment - it is a forum after all, all be it a privately owned one.

I'm just a visitor here, getting a pulse on the place.

It wasn't meant to be about the talibums, creeping suppression of liberty, some reverse phycological self loathing or whatever. Dear me.

Btw I realised later that there is a "chuckle thread". I've never read it and was not referring to it. I would expect anyone going into a jokes sub forum would be doing so at their own risk. Although . . . they might be disappointed 😜

All good, folks 😊

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
Somebody will get 666 on their personalised IG number plate.
I see it all the time around here.
I just keep plenty of garlic in the glovebox.

Local time
Reaction score
Maybe that is not snowflakes falling but tears...whoops!
Over here its snowflakes for sure. You know what they say about Blazes freezing over, came from those miserable settlers that had to over winter here. 😧

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As the OP l'm glad that distinction has been made. It really was a singular thing concluding with an invitation for comment - it is a forum after all, all be it a privately owned one.

I'm just a visitor here, getting a pulse on the place.

It wasn't meant to be about the talibums, creeping suppression of liberty, some reverse phycological self loathing or whatever. Dear me.

Btw I realised later that there is a "chuckle thread". I've never read it and was not referring to it. I would expect anyone going into a jokes sub forum would be doing so at their own risk. Although . . . they might be disappointed 😜

All good, folks 😊

Yeah guys, settle down and stop upsetting the nice Canadian.
;) :p

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score

I'd like my Cree brother to be able to participate here. I'd like my family who identify as LGBTQ to know they are welcome here too. I'd like my friends who experience physical disabilities but are keen on the modifiability of the Gren for their unique needs to be able to pony up to the forums here and talk that through with all of us as a resource. If a person is interested in owning, driving, or talking about the Grenadier, I'd like this to be the place for them and for all of us, and I'd like them to feel that way too, and certain types of jokes and humour can take away from that a bit.
Better not tell my joke about "Tonto the Transgender Wheelchair basketball champion" then

Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
Don't joke too much, Canada C-16 will get you if you visit the great white north. First victim to fall was a main stream journalist.
BTW my pronouns are Me/Myself/I, if you care. :ROFLMAO:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
Having read @painter 's thread up until this point its interesting to hear everyones take, there are a few things for me to put into the mix.

There are forum guidelines for decorum, politeness and respect. Perhaps not everyone has taken the time to read them or just needs a refresher.

The moderation here is very light and intentionally so, everyone here states that they are adult when they sign up and that should be enough to ensure a common minimum level of decency and civility throughout the discussions on this platform. The self moderation by the group so far has been pretty good with a few limited exceptions.
One thing that is being made apparent is that the conversation threads are drifting, sometimes drastically away from the original posters intent, question or query, so lets try and keep to within the realms of tenuous links to the OP.

The international aspect of the forums' membership can be challenging as a comment in one country can be pretty offensive to a person in another, this is why I encourage everyone to indicate where they are from in their profile for obvious reasons. Secondly, this aspect of the forum is what it makes it such an interesting place to be and spend time (aside from the spectacular Grenadier content) I'm sure this international flavor will bring a myriad of benefits to everyone and provide cultural enrichment and hopefully friendship.

Just make sure you remember that if an Australian is calling you a bastard, it's actually a compliment.

Last edited:

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Having read @painter 's thread up until this point its interesting to hear everyones take, there are a few things for me to put into the mix.

There are forum guidelines for decorum, politeness and respect. Perhaps not everyone has taken the time to read them or just needs a refresher.

The moderation here is very light and intentionally so, everyone here states that they are adult when they sign up and that should be enough to ensure a common minimum level of decency and civility throughout the discussions on this platform. The self moderation by the group so far has been pretty good with a few limited exceptions.
One thing that is being made apparent is that the conversation threads are drifting, sometimes drastically away from the original posters intent, question or query, so lets try and keep to within the realms of tenuous links to the OP.

The international aspect of the forums' membership can be challenging as a comment in one country can be pretty offensive to a person in another, this is why I encourage everyone to indicate where they are from in their profile for obvious reasons. Secondly, this aspect of the forum is what it makes it such an interesting place to be and spend time (aside from the spectacular Grenadier content) I'm sure this international flavor will bring a myriad of benefits to everyone and provide cultural enrichment and hopefully friendship.

Just as long as you remember that if an Australian is calling you a bastard, it's actually a compliment.
I can vouch for that Stu (the bastard bit I mean) as you have seen on this site!!! As you know, I'm a happy bastard.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
And remember , if you ask Alexa to say "100" in Welsh , do not be offended by her answer ;)

Back
Top Bottom