The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
This thread needs the pertinent points extracting into a PDF file for reference to all those wanting to add the Grenadier electrical luxuries. All I want is a light bar.

I can think of one volunteer.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
I can't see any reference to location of 25 Amp under the bonnet only the standard 10 amp

View attachment 7818104View attachment 7818106
I think I have it ... will see if without stripping I can measure a voltage and see to which switch/fuse it is connected!
This was a discovery by accident, in fact I was trying to follow the hood release cable as mentioned by @DCPU in this thread , and before finishing my analysis I found a second "electrical preparation cable" ... see the next pictures.
The arrow to the left is the cable I already had located (well, I wasn't the first to find).
The second arrow shows where you have to look, well hidden, and see the next picture.
20230627_122441 one out of two.jpg
20230627_122730 two out of two.jpg
20230627_123600 both.jpg
Cable 2 is long enough to do something with it.
But for the time being I don't know which one is the 10A and which one the 25A.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here you have it, number two being the "hardest to find" lower one (Switch EXT1, 10A), for those people with the "high load auxiliary switch panel.
Everybody should have this one in his car, even those with only one battery.
I don't think this was documented before on this forum, and even if it was, well than we have twice the information :)
20230627_123600 both.jpg

How I did? I took a medical injection needle and did put it under an angle in the insulation of the wires, and then connected my multimeter, the one I keep in my car.
[EDITED] only the "live" wire (12V) gets the injection needle, the other multimeter (black) goes to a suitable metal part of the car (ground or negative pole).

Attachments

• 20230627_151734.jpg
    20230627_151734.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here you have it, number two being the "hardest to find" lower one (Switch EXT1, 10A), for those people with the "high load auxiliary switch panel.
I don't think this was documented before on this forum, and even if it was, well than we have twice the information :)
View attachment 7818212

How I did? I took a medical injection needle and did put it under an angle in the insulation of the wires, and then connected my multimeter, the one I keep in my car.
Thanks
Great work

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7818212

Really good, @Jean Mercier . Thank you. If I can find the time tonight, I'll have a look at mine!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Really good, @Jean Mercier . Thank you. If I can find the time tonight, I'll have a look at mine!
@Jean Mercier It gave me no peace. I just went to the workshop and checked. The two ends are shining towards me.
That's impossible, I could have easily seen them when I uncovered the other two. Thanks again, that saved me the search.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7818212

Car Dr. Jean. Single handedly providing more detailed info than IA!

Tiptop JM (sorry for the abbreviation!), really appreciated.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Car Dr. Jean. Single handedly providing more detailed info than IA!

Tiptop JM (sorry for the abbreviation!), really appreciated.
I am not the only one, but you know that: all together quite some of us here are (depending on their time, skills, guts, etc.) putting together a lot of useful information.

Concerning the abbreviation: in view of my advanced Alzheimer this is the only one I memorize :ROFLMAO:
Or like my late father said: "I drunk so much beer in my life, that I have only one brain cell left, but it works very well" 🍺🍻

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I am not the only one, but you know that: all together quite some of us here are (depending on their time, skills, guts, etc.) putting together a lot of useful information.

Concerning the abbreviation: in view of my advanced Alzheimer this is the only one I memorize :ROFLMAO:
Or like my late father said: "I drunk so much beer in my life, that I have only one brain cell left, but it works very well" 🍺🍻
You don’t happen to also know where my car is, do you?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Well said that man.

And, again, brilliant @Jean Mercier. If the weather is decent in the morning I'll try and find the RHD equivalents. 👍

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7818212

[EDITED] only the "live" wire (12V) gets the injection needle, the other multimeter (black) goes to a suitable metal part of the car (ground or negative pole).
Once again fantastic thank you Jean, will save many of us heaps of time. Without stating the obvious, perhaps those who are invited for 'feedback' could suggest all these 'wire ends' to be fitted with actual deutsch plugs? I know the car will cost a few cents more but crikey....😉

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Without stating the obvious, perhaps those who are invited for 'feedback' could suggest all these 'wire ends' to be fitted with actual deutsch plugs? I know the car will cost a few cents more but crikey....😉
I can't help thinking the description used of "outlets" suggested that there was meant to be something more than cable ends.

The cost engineer strikes again?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You know if I'd paid my auto lecky $2000 to set up an auxiliary charging system for me an he didn't at least clearly label the outputs and show me where they were, I'd be justified in being a bit pissed off don't you think?
I can't see why Ineos couldn't be expected to do the same.
Let's face it, if you weren't a member of this forum or particularly tech savvy, you'd probably have to pay an auto lecky to find them for you.
And I can't be the only one who opted for this to be done expecting plug and play outlets to be provided. Sure, the outlet might not have suited my needs, but at least I would then know where they were and be clearly able to change them.

Is this a failure on Ineos's part, or the dealers? Either way in my view it's a big failure.

Back
Top Bottom