The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from the East Bay, Northern California

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
Hello all —
Glad to have found this place. I currently drive a 1990 RRC 2-door manual diesel. It has 330k kms and runs very strong (replaced rings twice). I am very excited about getting my Grenadier, although recently my dealer went from extremely responsive to having an automated email response directing all inquiries to Ineos directly. Hope all works out for the NorCal dealer since their initial interactions were extremely pleasant. I am looking forward to posting my new Grenadier pictures here in due time.

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome! Recently got the same email myself. Not feeling too optimistic. But guess we’ll see.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
I thought the NorCal customers were being reassigned to another dealer further south?

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the NorCal customers were being reassigned to another dealer further south?
My understanding is Ineos is giving customers the option to take delivery from another dealer. Whether customers are accepting that option is another story.

I know many out there have no issues with being six or eight (or more) hours away from a dealer/service, etc. But imagine many would prefer something closer to home.

Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

bernielomax

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I took my delivery in January. I'm based in Northern California and pretty sure one of the first folks up here. I was routed to a dealer in SoCal from my initial dealer in RWC. I too had a really great experience with the RWC Ineos Dealer and I've had a less than desirable experience with the dealer that took over on the order for a host of reasons. I'm hopeful a NorCal dealer gets sorted.

Anyway, just highlighting that the SoCal dealers can handle the deliveries.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the dumbest thing that INEOS has done so far, forsaking probably one of the most affluent markets anywhere. Not having a dealership in NorCal is just plain stupid
Ineos didn't really do this.... They had a dealer set up and ready to go; from what I've seen the dealer themselves fell through. Now the process starts again to select a dealer and get them spun up. For what it's worth, from dealer "selection" to first deliveries was ~4 months if memory serves me correctly (after selecting the dealer that is). We aren't that far out from when Kuhn closed up shop, so even if they started on day 1 upon notice, they wouldn't be up and running yet, and, unless someone here has an inside line to conversations at Ineos Automotive Americas, we don't know the status of where they are in the process, they could be around the corner from releasing that info

Local time
Reaction score
Ineos didn't really do this.... They had a dealer set up and ready to go; from what I've seen the dealer themselves fell through. Now the process starts again to select a dealer and get them spun up. For what it's worth, from dealer "selection" to first deliveries was ~4 months if memory serves me correctly (after selecting the dealer that is). We aren't that far out from when Kuhn closed up shop, so even if they started on day 1 upon notice, they wouldn't be up and running yet, and, unless someone here has an inside line to conversations at Ineos Automotive Americas, we don't know the status of where they are in the process, they could be around the corner from releasing that info
Thanks for the clarification. Still need a quick resolution to this. Cant really expect such a large and valuable market to be unsupported.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Cool. I'm also waiting to get confirmation on my new dealer. Picked a dealer in San diego, mostly because I have friends there that I like to visit anyway.

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
at this point, i'm close to passing until there's a viable norcal option.

since kuhn vanished, i was basically ignored and told (after multiple attempts to contact customer service) that they see my order and that someone would be reaching out to me to discuss next steps and options for delivery. that was in january. i believe my order was originally set for an april delivery, and i was told someone would reach out with ample time to make changes, lock in, etc. and again, no one has followed up. i have emailed them a few times and get a pretty standard "we'll follow up soon" response. and i'm not gonna chase them down anymore as it appears they're still working things out.

i'm also not that keen on taking delivery in southern california at this point in time. sure, it's not that big of a deal to fly down there, pick it up, and drive home. but i'm just not sure i want to deal with the potential issues that could arise down the road, with no local service solution.

anyway, i do hope a viable norcal option arrives sooner than later and that ineos succeeds here in the states. i do like the looks and capabilities of the truck, and (mostly) enjoyed my test drive. it's funny because i'm normally a confident early adopter, but something about this one is giving me pause. we'll see...

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
at this point, i'm close to passing until there's a viable norcal option.

since kuhn vanished, i was basically ignored and told (after multiple attempts to contact customer service) that they see my order and that someone would be reaching out to me to discuss next steps and options for delivery. that was in january. i believe my order was originally set for an april delivery, and i was told someone would reach out with ample time to make changes, lock in, etc. and again, no one has followed up. i have emailed them a few times and get a pretty standard "we'll follow up soon" response. and i'm not gonna chase them down anymore as it appears they're still working things out.

i'm also not that keen on taking delivery in southern california at this point in time. sure, it's not that big of a deal to fly down there, pick it up, and drive home. but i'm just not sure i want to deal with the potential issues that could arise down the road, with no local service solution.

anyway, i do hope a viable norcal option arrives sooner than later and that ineos succeeds here in the states. i do like the looks and capabilities of the truck, and (mostly) enjoyed my test drive. it's funny because i'm normally a confident early adopter, but something about this one is giving me pause. we'll see...
Hi sj24K, I say stick in there. The Chase is part of vehicle and makes you enjoy it that much more. I also believe that as more get out into the public domain, demand is going to shoot straight up to the point that the waiting list will go out to 2 years+ and perhaps the price too on dealer inventory. I am sure Ineos must be talks with a Northern California Dealer to fill in this gap, so you will likely have someone soon to service it.
Fly on down to LA or San Diego, take a brief VACA, pick up your Grenadier and enjoy the drive back up. Take the coast all the way up, at least along Big Sur and have a blast in your Grenadier. DaBulll

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
at this point, i'm close to passing until there's a viable norcal option...

Have this conversation with your dealer now. Maybe something comes from it?

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hi sj24K, I say stick in there. The Chase is part of vehicle and makes you enjoy it that much more. I also believe that as more get out into the public domain, demand is going to shoot straight up to the point that the waiting list will go out to 2 years+ and perhaps the price too on dealer inventory. I am sure Ineos must be talks with a Northern California Dealer to fill in this gap, so you will likely have someone soon to service it.
Fly on down to LA or San Diego, take a brief VACA, pick up your Grenadier and enjoy the drive back up. Take the coast all the way up, at least along Big Sur and have a blast in your Grenadier. DaBulll

sadly things just went from bad to worse. figured i'd reach out one more time today to get an update, and was informed that my order is no longer even in the system. this despite my order sheet created last october by kuhn and the emails i already received from ineos confirming my order was "in production." there wasn't much of an explanation other than to say that the order number i was given was "incorrectly assigned by the representative at kuhn." i was informed that i would need to start the process all over again with a new order and a new dealer (one of the three in socal) and that once i did that, i could either pick up from them or they would arrange home delivery. at least now i know exactly where i stand.

bernielomax

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
sadly things just went from bad to worse. figured i'd reach out one more time today to get an update, and was informed that my order is no longer even in the system. this despite my order sheet created last october by kuhn and the emails i already received from ineos confirming my order was "in production." there wasn't much of an explanation other than to say that the order number i was given was "incorrectly assigned by the representative at kuhn." i was informed that i would need to start the process all over again with a new order and a new dealer (one of the three in socal) and that once i did that, i could either pick up from them or they would arrange home delivery. at least now i know exactly where i stand.
Ugh. I'm sorry to hear this.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As defeated as you must feel, the suggestion made by AngusMacG is definitely worthwhile. There is a decent amount of available vehicles across the country and you may be surprised by what you find. Your resolve will get you there...

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
As defeated as you must feel, the suggestion made by @AngusMacG is definitely worthwhile. There is a decent amount of available vehicles across the country and you may be surprised by what you find. Your resolve will get you there...
yeah, thanks for the encouragement. i'm gonna seize this opportunity to make sure i am 100% sure i want to continue down the path. i'm leaning towards waiting a bit and seeing if the brand can get a footing a little closer to home. fortunately i'm in no rush as i've plenty of cars and trucks to keep me busy at the moment ;)

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all —
Glad to have found this place. I currently drive a 1990 RRC 2-door manual diesel. It has 330k kms and runs very strong (replaced rings twice). I am very excited about getting my Grenadier, although recently my dealer went from extremely responsive to having an automated email response directing all inquiries to Ineos directly. Hope all works out for the NorCal dealer since their initial interactions were extremely pleasant. I am looking forward to posting my new Grenadier pictures here in due time.
Welcome! Happy to see another 2 door RRC owner here! I am in the east bay and have a 1975 (as seen in my avatar pic).

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Thats a shame. I placed my order with Kuhn back in November. I reached out to Ineos last week about the dealer status situation and this is the response I received:

Hi Christian,

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

Unfortunately, there has been a delay in our Northern California dealer becoming ready and operational. This is the dealer that you selected for delivery and service of your INEOS Grenadier when you placed your pre-order with us.

We know that delays are frustrating. You are one of our earliest customers and we know that you have been waiting patiently for your Grenadier.

While we are working to resolve this situation, it’s not possible at this time to estimate how long this will take.

Therefore, to mitigate this delay, we we will be in touch shortly to discuss re-assigning your order to one of our other Californian dealers.

Rest assured that we are working hard to ensure that we resolve this situation and provide convenient sales and service coverage to the Northern California market just as soon as we can.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kelly

I thought the folks at Kuhn were great to deal with regarding the test drive, along with helping me place my order. I am a bit disappointed however in their lack of communication given the circumstances. If it weren't for this forum I would have zero clue as to the dealer being cancelled etc. The official Ineos website still shows them as an active dealership too. Not sure why Ineos hasn't updated their website to reflect this big change.

Back
Top Bottom