The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Perth WA

Zimbo80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
Just joined and have a question for those tech guru's - I'm stoked to be one of those that have been fortunate to have already taken delivery over here in Ausse however I'm encountering some issues with the 13 pin euro trailer hookup.
I'm trying to get lights sorted on caravan fitted with LED lights all round.
I've chosen to leave as standard and use a jumper between the vehicle 13 pin to the Aussie 7 pin flat this jumper is fitted with diodes - initially I was getting light error as soon as plugged in and power on however have since figured out that I need to bridge the 2 earthing pins and now no faults when connected.
I now have a normal indicator through to the van on the right but the left is double speed and indicating fault at dash - no tail lights or stop(brake) lights?
Any ideas?

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting your IG.

Unfortunately you’re one of the bunnies who’s job it is to sort these problems out and let us eastern state buyers know the fix before we get ours.

It was in your contract if you read the fine print. 😁

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just joined and have a question for those tech guru's - I'm stoked to be one of those that have been fortunate to have already taken delivery over here in Ausse however I'm encountering some issues with the 13 pin euro trailer hookup.
I've chosen to leave as standard and use a jumper between the vehicle 13 pin to the Aussie 7 pin flat this jumper is fitted with diodes - initially I was getting light error as soon as plugged in and power on however have since figured out that I need to bridge the 2 earthing pins and now no faults when connected.
I now have a normal indicator through to the van on the right but the left is double speed and indicating fault at dash - no tail lights or stop(brake) lights?
Any ideas?
Find an auto sparkie who is familiar with EU vehicles, after discussions today with a reservation holder and auto electrician himself he said it is the same as the VW set-up. So finding someone familiar with them will be of great benefit

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any ideas?
@Zimbo80 was that you I saw at Magic driving out in the Donny Grey IG on Saturday?

Back
Top Bottom