The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Boston, MA

Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I have been watching the development of the Grenadier for what seems like years now. I am a reservation holder since September and look forward to getting an opportunity to test drive a vehicle here in the US soon.  I also find the pick-up option interesting but have not seen a timeline for that.

I admit that while waiting I have built multiple vehicles in the configurator. Although it allows me to choose the turbo-diesel powerplant I am still unsure if that will make it across the pond.  I am trying to decide between the metallic light blue and metallic red options. The metallic red looked nice during the unveiling.

Anyone else looking at the diesel option or have a definite color in mind?

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
I have some weirdness in my configurator, too.  Logged in, so they know I'm in the US.  I get the option for diesel, and my Grenadier is RHD.  My buddy has his show as LHD.  Weird.

And welcome!

Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
Wonder when we will be allowed to see one stateside, and where?

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Pk2abilene said:
Wonder when we will be allowed to see one stateside, and where?

Supposedly there is one. It was at a private event for SEMA show. Also Dirk posted on IG that it was about to start in NA... but that was a while ago. Supposedly VP NA is working on it, my guess it will be this summer. Let me know if you want posts to either referenced above. 

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I grew up in Scituate but now live in the PNW.   I can't wait to see one states side.  

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I have been watching the development of the Grenadier for what seems like years now. I am a reservation holder since September and look forward to getting an opportunity to test drive a vehicle here in the US soon. I also find the pick-up option interesting but have not seen a timeline for that.

I admit that while waiting I have built multiple vehicles in the configurator. Although it allows me to choose the turbo-diesel powerplant I am still unsure if that will make it across the pond. I am trying to decide between the metallic light blue and metallic red options. The metallic red looked nice during the unveiling.

Anyone else looking at the diesel option or have a definite color in mind?
I grew up in Westwood; visited Scituate a couple of times. Small world... I'm happy with the gas/petrol option. When I first studied the Jeep Wrangler with the Eco diesel engine, many people liked them. However, the overlander's seemed to veer away from them due to a list of trade-off's:
  • gas/petrol is cheaper than diesel in the US;
  • EPA/CARB regs are tougher on the diesels;
  • you get a smaller fuel tank (because the manufacturer has to bolt up a separate DEF tank under the chassis);
  • the added cost of DEF;
  • a slight potential weight differential (regular gas/petrol weighs 6 lbs per US gallon / DEF is 9 lbs per US gallon); and then
  • the hassle of hauling extra DEF if you're long-term overlanding somewhere with no ready access to DEF.
  • modern diesels are generally low-sulphur models that are highly intolerant of bad diesel at the pump outside the U.S. Gas/petrol engines handle or are more tolerant of a wider range of fuel grades and qualities.
Vehicle color? I can't explain it but I'm really digging the Magic Mushroom with Tunic Red contrasting rear door. Wife likes the light blue with the Scottish White top.

Back
Top Bottom