The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Have I missed anything?

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,
Am configuring a vehicle for Australia, as such I configured a base Grenadier and added the same features J wanted rather than starting with Trailmaster, so I could skip the ‘Smooth Pack’. This saves about $3k. Am I missing anything ‘important’? I don’t see that the heated windscreen washers getting much use in West Australia and advanced anti theft a major advantage (or is it?)
Any thoughts and input are welcomed before I place the order…
Thanks,
Craig

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
Mate I ordered mine with running boards and it was a tough decision not to get the rock sliders. With the benefit of hindsight, I’d probably get neither and go for the aftermarket offerings. My 2 cents.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
Hi Craig , a number of people have been in your situation also so you will get some answers on this topic.
One thing though , it has been suggested that the "cachet", if you like , of a Belstaff edition may affect resale values.
Pure speculation , and you may be like me , intending to keep the vehicle indefinitely, therefore resale is no issue.
I just wanted the tiny "Trialmaster" emblem on the scuttle, around which the factory built the package for me!

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
Hey Craig, where in WA are you going to take it? This info will help.

IMO the Trialmaster is pretty well specced up for most needs in WA, to which I added the Roo bar. This will allow me to dominate most micro-brewery car parks down south.

I've not added a winch as there always seems to be a tooled-up/ overly keen bogan in a LC 200 or Patrol on hand. Not that the IG will get bogged, ever.

😜

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
This will allow me to dominate most micro-brewery car parks down south.

I've not added a winch as there always seems to be a tooled-up/ overly keen bogan in a LC 200 or Patrol on hand. Not that the IG will get bogged, ever.
Make sure you don't get bogged at a micro brewery then , they don't hang around hipster joints ;)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,
Am configuring a vehicle for Australia, as such I configured a base Grenadier and added the same features J wanted rather than starting with Trailmaster, so I could skip the ‘Smooth Pack’. This saves about $3k. Am I missing anything ‘important’? I don’t see that the heated windscreen washers getting much use in West Australia and advanced anti theft a major advantage (or is it?)
Thanks,
Craig
There is need and then there is want. All I will say is that everytime I have bought a car and cheaped on something I thought I didn’t need to save a grand or two, later down the road I have always wished I ticked the box and realised that in the bigger picture I would never have noticed the extra grand or two.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
Don’t forget the power (heated) external mirrors if you don’t go the Smooth Pack, otherwise you’re back to the 1960’s and winding down windows to adjust them.
There were a few orher things in it that I wanted so in rhe end said stuff it and just went Trialmaster.

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mate I ordered mine with running boards and it was a tough decision not to get the rock sliders. With the benefit of hindsight, I’d probably get neither and go for the aftermarket offerings. My 2 cents.
Interesting, I put aftermarket sliders on my Amarok, fitted myself which was a mission. I was assuming aftermarket options would be several months at least down the track as the vehicle is so new. Is this not the case?

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t forget the power (heated) external mirrors if you don’t go the Smooth Pack, otherwise you’re back to the 1960’s and winding down windows to adjust them.
There were a few orher things in it that I wanted so in rhe end said stuff it and just went Trialmaster.
Fair enough, I was willing to forgo this luxury, though the advanced anti theft may pay eventually in insurance rebate, or straight away if it’s stolen!

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Craig, where in WA are you going to take it? This info will help.

IMO the Trialmaster is pretty well specced up for most needs in WA, to which I added the Roo bar. This will allow me to dominate most micro-brewery car parks down south.

😜
Mostly SW, am moving to Margaret River region. I have never been in a 4wd club but I will be looking to join one when I get the vehicle.
I have had bull bars in all 4wds so far and have been fortunate not to have hit a roo or other large creature so far. I was seriously considering not fitting one when I learned could have a winch without it. What do you think?

Reactions: Sam

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
Interesting, I put aftermarket sliders on my Amarok, fitted myself which was a mission. I was assuming aftermarket options would be several months at least down the track as the vehicle is so new. Is this not the case?
Craig have a poke around on this forum. There was a recent thread set up purely for the aftermarket kit getting produced (I’m not tech savvy enough to link it, sorry). One company discussed on that thread was Black Sheep Innovations. Check out BSI’s options for sliders and steps - it looks pretty good, albeit European- the Aussie producers will have something in no time.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
Have you downloaded the Australian accessory brochure? There are part numbers for example for "Roo bar" , side protection rails, side runners( =sidesteps), rock sliders etc. Each accessory notes that they come with the fittings.. I am pretty sure the required captive nuts were welded to the chassis during production so it's just a matter of bolting the bits into place... well I hope so😄.

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Craig have a poke around on this forum. There was a recent thread set up purely for the aftermarket kit getting produced (I’m not tech savvy enough to link it, sorry). One company discussed on that thread was Black Sheep Innovations. Check out BSI’s options for sliders and steps - it looks pretty good, albeit European- the Aussie producers will have something in no time.
Yes, just found it thanks. Rock sliders work out at A$2200 + very expensive shipping I would imagine!

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks,
Craig

Trialmaster is better value overall compared to a base model with your own config... but that depends on what your base config is In the first place. Mine was almost Trialmaster without being one so I changed to a Trialmaster with a few added bits. Came out a few hundred more but I gained about a grand in value.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, just found it thanks. Rock sliders work out at A$2200 + very expensive shipping I would imagine!
They will be available from the parts warehouse in Australia, I think Melbourne. But yes you would pay for transcontinental shipping.
It all adds up , thus the factory packages are good value. The TM was a no brainer for us , and it was my wife who insisted upon adding the costly winch!

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mostly SW, am moving to Margaret River region. I have never been in a 4wd club but I will be looking to join one when I get the vehicle.
I have had bull bars in all 4wds so far and have been fortunate not to have hit a roo or other large creature so far. I was seriously considering not fitting one when I learned could have a winch without it. What do you think?
I chose roo bar, took it off, put it on again, took it off... now its on again 🙄

But then I live in Perth village, not the SW, so that would have me thinking about those roos around dusk...

I had a roo bar on the defender 110 and never hit anything in 10 years, never had anything attached to it (rods, aerials, winch)... It was 50kg of un-aerodynamic snow plough/ ballast... an expensive way to locate a license plate. I struggled to see the point, but then you don't need it until you need it.

Front end of the IG looks robust (and un-aerodynamic) without the roo bar, making decision less clear. But the factory roo bar design is well integrated... and i'd allow it to be an aesthetic as much as practical decision.

Last edited:

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The factory rock sliders look good enough - very strong... but will you ever never them? Probably not in the SW/Margs region IMO, which is relatively tame. Plus the ground clearance under the side sills is huge on these cars.

My contrary 2c is to suggest going for the factory side steps, which are themselves very strong (albeit not rock sliders) and make entry/exit much more dignified.

Back
Top Bottom