The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Harry’s Farm and Garage. Why does Harry Metcalfe hate the Grenadier?

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
I also watched the review and recalled Harry's Defender comments... I thought his opinion of the Grenadier seemed uninformed. Like he had a very cursory read of a brochure, and that was it.
I watched Harry's Bentley Bentayga review. My existing VW Touareg R V8 has maybe 90% of the Bentayga's fluffy bits ... The VW, at a fraction of the money, was a great capable drive when new but .... now, after 90K, the "clever bits" are failing.... they are not kinda Bosch generic, and is that not what we all want? Simple basic stuff that we can tinker with?

Harry's was, to my mind, a one-eyed opinion. OUR choice of a Grenadier is that it is not meant to be up there as the Bentley Bentayga with a growl, the fruits and excess of a $350K vehicle - We are here on this forum as many of us are sick of the BS of computers and button brakes. An old bloke like me cannot wait to get my Grenadier with HANDBRAKE!
Hello Tu.
Yes you are spot on! My Grenadier was ordered early as I appreciated Sir Jim's frustrations with what was on offer and his hankering for a true 4x4. I do a lot of travel in the desert parts of southern and central Australia for work and pleasure. The last thing you need is an overly complicated vehicle with lots of nice features. I have taken her (already gender stereotyped!) out on a few gentle dune runs to see how she runs and I really appreciate the handling and "feel" - I know she's going to be quirky but as I slowly equip her for the first big run, I know I have made the right choice for me, and not for some opinionated videohead. And yes, I just love pulling on that handle
The "Christening" below!

Attachments

• wide 4.JPG
    wide 4.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 55

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
Mentions it again in his cars of 2023 video.
Again , he isn't really suited to the vehicle. Square peg > round hole chap.

Back
Top Bottom