The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

GRUNT: The Grenadier User Network

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
Hehe, even my friends and family members made comments about me moving there some years ago, but I am living in the "modest" part of the village in a normal house, not a mansion.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And I have a question, probably I miss something...

When I load the Grunt file on the map, none of the entries are visible. The "eye" of the entire group is crossed out. When I click on it nothing happens. Same happens for the subgroups. Only when I click on a single entry it becomes visible. I can't believe that I should click on each entry to make it visible. So what am I doing wrong?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Which platform? Apple, Windows, Linux, Android?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Windows on my PC and Android on my cellphone. I tried both because I thought it was indeed a platform or browser problem. My browser is Vivaldi

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suddenly understand better why you (eMax) say that "he lives in a remarkable place". I zoomed in in the place. Believe me or not, this was casualty, I clicked somewhere in the middle of the village, and was not aware that I had chosen this place, but this is OK, it will be anyway my home "once" :ROFLMAO::eek:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:58 PM
Reaction score
@emax Would you please add 44.940650, -73.260653 for me? Our family has a vacation lake-house in very up-state Vermont. The house is not too far from Rovers North, which is a very notable retailer of traditional Land Rover parts and service.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I suddenly understand better why you (eMax) say that "he lives in a remarkable place". I zoomed in in the place. Believe me or not, this was casualty, I clicked somewhere in the middle of the village, and was not aware that I had chosen this place, but this is OK, it will be anyway my home "once" :ROFLMAO::eek:
Did you see that in Googleearth?
Does it now work?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@emax Would you please add 44.940650, -73.260653 for me? Our family has a vacation lake-house in very up-state Vermont. The house is not too far from Rovers North, which is a very notable retailer of traditional Land Rover parts and service.
You can do that your own (see link in first thread-posting). And I see that you have already done it for yourself.

NOTE: if you add yourself a second time, you have to use a different name. Otherwise your existing entry will just be updated with the new coordinates.

So take e.g. "Krabby 2" or "Krabby vacation".

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:58 PM
Reaction score
Actually you were kind enough to pin the first one, but I'll mess around tonight. I cannot get it to work on my iphone or ipad.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you see that in Googleearth?
Does it now work?
Yes, I saw it on GoogleEarth, but it "doesn't work": like I said, I can make single items visible, one by one, by clicking on it, but not a whole group at once. To have everything visible I have to click on the 100 entries of your list, one by one, boring job. But probably I do something wrong.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Actually you were kind enough to pin the first one, but I'll mess around tonight. I cannot get it to work on my iphone or ipad.
It's easy. In the forms just enter the coordinates exactly like you have done in your posting above. That's all. But omit any whitespaces (i.e. no separator between lat and lon, but just a comma).

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I saw it on GoogleEarth, but it "doesn't work": like I said, I can make single items visible, one by one, by clicking on it, but not a whole group at once. To have everything visible I have to click on the 100 entries of your list, one by one, boring job. But probably I do something wrong.
In my version (7.3.4.8738 / 64-bit) of googleearth (Linux but should be similar on windows) you can activate the entire group at the very top of the grunt entries. Whichever box you tick, the box and everything below will be toggled active/inactive.

See here:

Screenshot_20221117_164541.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my version (7.3.4.8738 / 64-bit) of googleearth (Linux but should be similar on windows) you can activate the entire group at the very top of the grunt entries. Whichever box you tick, the box and everything below will be toggled active/inactive.

See here:
Well, In my view you don't have the check-boxes, but a crossed-out "eye": if I click on it it disappears, but the individual elements still are crossed-out and don't appear on the map, see below:

Screenshot 2022-11-17 171131.pngScreenshot 2022-11-17 171202.pngScreenshot 2022-11-17 171043.png

And only if I click on a single item, it appears on the map, see the third image.

Same behavior on my Android cell-phone by the way. But I saw that you use a "pro" version, that could be the issue :)

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I installed the "Pro" version, apparently for free, and now the checkboxes work as expected on my Windows Laptop, same layout as Emax. The version I was using is the browser version.

But on my Android cellphone I didn't solve the "group checking - unchecking", because I only found one version of "The" Google Earth app.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
So this seems to be an application / version matter. I can only point you to web resources, e.g. a related forum.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@Krabby your second entry is there.

version.jpg

Back
Top Bottom