The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers at the dealer pending delivery: Petrol or Diesel?

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
Pure speculation on why deliveries don't necessarily seem to be following order date pecking order, almost certainly because Ineos are trying to ship whatever vehicles they can complete against the backdrop of ongoing parts shortages: It's unlikely that it's something trivial like roof bars or tow bars as I expect these kind of 3rd-party supplied components have been ready and waiting for months. It can't be something that is common to all vehicles as we'd have no completed vehicles at all.......It's almost certainly something fundamental like diesel/petrol engine & transmission availability, something that would stop an order dead in its tracks.

Just out of interest, for the people who are inches from collecting their IG from the dealer, are you petrol or diesel powered?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pure speculation on why deliveries don't necessarily seem to be following order date pecking order, almost certainly because Ineos are trying to ship whatever vehicles they can complete against the backdrop of ongoing parts shortages: It's unlikely that it's something trivial like roof bars or tow bars as I expect these kind of 3rd-party supplied components have been ready and waiting for months. It can't be something that is common to all vehicles as we'd have no completed vehicles at all.......It's almost certainly something fundamental like diesel/petrol engine & transmission availability, something that would stop an order dead in its tracks.

Just out of interest, for the people who are inches from collecting their IG from the dealer, are you petrol or diesel powered?
Mine is at the dealer and is diesel.. fuel of the gods imho.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pure speculation on why deliveries don't necessarily seem to be following order date pecking order
I'd speculate that given how all agents/dealers have been geared up (and so incurring costs) for some time, there's an element of cherry picking orders for each and every dealership so they can all start generating revenue.

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I'd speculate that given how all agents/dealers have been geared up (and so incurring costs) for some time, there's an element of cherry picking orders for each and every dealership so they can all start generating revenue.
Now that's an interesting theory!

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The first three for Northern Ireland have been built but they are still at the factory and the dealer is just awaiting the shipping notice for them and their demonstrator.

Milliemartha35

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

Petrol

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I disagree. Could be a 10p bit of plastic. If you haven’t got it, the cars not complete, you can’t sell it
Harry of Harry’s Garage talks about the Lotus Evora being delayed by a lost shipment of seat belts. Put things back several months if I remember correctly.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
I disagree. Could be a 10p bit of plastic. If you haven’t got it, the cars not complete, you can’t sell it
It really depends on what the part is and what it does. Quite a few of the accessories are dealer fit, and pretty sure most of us would be happy to get the vehicle and take it back for some accessories to be fitted later if they are on back order. But Safety stuff and stuff thats regulated in some way obviously will hold up deliveries, and also some stuff that isn’t critical for vehicles functions but requires significant quality control they may not want a hit and miss from dealers/agents to retrofit and it’s not a good look to deliver cars with bits of trim missing etc.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
Could be anything... including the manual, which I now see has surfaced.

I mean really?? No product manual until... today?????????? This is hard to believe - and would make delivery impossible.

Local time
Reaction score

Diesel and will convert to hydrogen when the time comes.

Local time
Reaction score
The first three for Northern Ireland have been built but they are still at the factory and the dealer is just awaiting the shipping notice for them and their demonstrator.
Did it come with bullet proof glass I heard the Irish are crazy bastards. We have a few of them in Australia.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did it come with bullet proof glass I heard the Irish are crazy bastards. We have a few of them in Australia.
Given we were setup as somewhere to send the difficult, the delinquent, and the displaced, this should come as no surprise.

Back
Top Bottom