The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier vs 2024 Land Cruiser

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Im wondering if a tune would improve mpgs
I'm running a chipyourcar.com chip in my Grenadier for a BMW X4 twin turbo and (if the center display is to be believed) I'm seeing 19+ mpg in the city.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
I'm running a chipyourcar.com chip in my Grenadier for a BMW X4 twin turbo and (if the center display is to be believed) I'm seeing 19+ mpg in the city.
Whoa. Is that safe? Isn’t the X4 a 4-cylinder?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Certainly not safe enough to post on a public forum 🫤 that IA looks at daily.

Local time
Reaction score
Computer mpg or notebook, pencil, and calculator mpg? I figure it's possible auto CPU's utilize more advanced math based on non euclidean geometry and imaginary numbers, to bend space time and add 15% to every reading I've gotten... either that or they lie. It could be one or the other, I'm not sure. I've been too busy trying to tune the mathamatical bagpipe and come with the same answers as the cpu. .

Local time
Reaction score
Certainly not safe enough to post on a public forum 🫤 that IA looks at daily.
Outside of them actually having to prove the action taken for any case, (he could just say he's bullshitting), I think you may be overestimating their level of customer "give a shit".

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Outside of them actually having to prove the action taken for any case, (he could just say he's bullshitting), I think you may be overestimating their level of customer "give a shit".
You would hope, but there's been a good number of news stories where social media posts (mainly videos though) have been used by manufacturers against warranty claims. Here's ONE I pulled basically at random.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would venture to say that the actual gains are non-existent with this style programmer, especially seeing how many cars they offer it for, there is (almost) no way they are keeping up with ECU encryption and updated base calibrations for all those vehicles, specifically for how inexpensive it is

Edit: I say this based on 15+ years of doing performance engine and/or transmission flashes almost daily on a wide array of European vehicles and being personally involved with testing of calibrations for a number of my personal vehicles; including "piggyback" and plug & play programmers, in-car and on-the-bench flashing, standalone engine management tuning, and even sold school socketed and soldered ECU chips. The sheer number of hours that go into getting a calibration correct for a specific ECU/DME code (and not just the ECU part number, but also the OEM revision number) can be maddening. Not in getting power numbers, as that is the quick and easy part; but in fine tuning part throttle and drivability and reliability. I've spent dozens (probably into the hundreds) of hours on a dyno, and certainly hundreds on the road doing countless data logs to ensure OEM style (or usually better) drivability from a non-factory calibration; you can't make that financial outflow back at $75/ea.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
You would hope, but there's been a good number of news stories where social media posts (mainly videos though) have been used by manufacturers against warranty claims. Here's ONE I pulled basically at random.
well... read this... "When he spoke to someone at the dealer the next morning, Luke said he told them what happened and noted he had a video of what happened."

When I wrote "prove" I meant. "Dont leave evidence", let alone, "See? Here's me racing the car when I blew it up".

And we're not talking BS reasons to turn down a claim, like hayundai does with their 2l turbos with soft rings. We're taking gumshoe work here. Every time someone comes in for a warranty claim, there isn't a service manager scouring the internet for fake avatar aliases trying to cross reverence them to a person or location to see if a VIN will match a post. Not to mention they would STILL have to prove he actually did something. I mean, all he has to do to claim he was blowing smoke up our ass, is point out he claimed a legit 37% increase in MPG with a chip tune.. :)

Back
Top Bottom