The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Update

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
Received this email today

The marketing people are working well & it's interesting but given the current timing of where we are at present - I would have prefered some update on production etc.

VIEW IN BROWSERHi Mark,

Hello, and welcome to our first, ‘Joint Adventures’ newsletter where we bring you a round-up of what’s been going on with our Grenadier partners. So, you never miss out on the latest action.

In this edition, we’re talking sports, partnerships and Q&As. We’ve been keeping up with The HALO Trust’s work in Ukraine getting in training with our INEOS Grenadiers cyclists; and gearing up for the challenge of the BMW GS Trophy. But we kick off with the New Zealand All-Blacks as they take the Grenadier off-road...The New Zealand rugby team is a powerful unit. World-class athletes who know what it takes to win. And stop at nothing to get where they want to go, whatever the conditions. See what drives them, and what they think of the Grenadier, as they put its capabilities to the test. WATCH ‘OFF-ROAD’ NOW ON THE GROUND WITH THE HALO TRUST

The HALO Trust has been clearing explosives in eastern Ukraine since 2016, employing over 400 local staff.

As cities across the country came under devastating siege, HALO’s team continued to work to keep families safe.

Today, they are on the ground mapping the landmines and explosives left behind by the fighting and teaching people how to stay safe until these dangers can be removed for good. We’ve been working with them since 2021 to understand how they tackle one of the world’s toughest jobs. And learn what more we can do to prepare our rugged 4x4 to meet the challenge. If you’d like to join us in supporting HALO’s life-saving work in Ukraine, please visit their fundraising page. THE HALO TRUST FUNDRAISING PAGEOUT WITH THE INEOS GRENADIERS CYCLING TEAMIn this video, Tao Geoghegan Hart, Grand Tour winner and INEOS Grenadiers rider, and Deputy Team Principal, Rod Ellingworth, talked about how the team prepared for the season. Tao compared getting race-ready to getting the Grenadier production-ready, as they tested their equipment, kit, performance and data, and made sure everyone and everything was in peak condition before racing began. WATCH ‘OFF-SEASON’ HITTING THE WILDS OF ALBANIA FOR THE BMW MOTORRAD INTERNATIONAL GS TROPHY 2022

Off-road Vehicle Partner of the Int. GS Trophy 2022, we’re taking the Grenadier to Albania, for the Southeast Europe event. Supporting 60 bikes and riders over the most demanding tracks and trails, our team of 20 Grenadiers will navigate the same mountains, valleys, rivers, forests, and beaches along challenging 1,300km course. Watch the video to discover the testing terrain ahead. WATCH ‘GS TROPHY’REACHING THE PINNACLE

Performance Unlimited – that’s the name of our short film series where some of our INEOS sports athletes talk about their inspiration and what it takes to push themselves to achieve greatness.

For the first, we caught up with INEOS Grenadiers’ Tour de France 2018 winner, Geraint Thomas, to ask where he gets his motivation to constantly challenge himself. Even when the going gets seriously tough. Watch Geraint answer this and much more, as he describes the defining moments of his career and talks about teamwork and family life.

WATCH THE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW NOW10% OFF GRENADIER KIT JUST FOR YOU

As a thank you for your support and belief in the Grenadier we’re giving you 10% off selected items in the Grenadier shop. Now you can kit yourself out for less. Just use discount code ‘10GEARINGUP’ at the checkout*.VISIT GRENADIER SHOP INEOS Automotive. All rights reserved. Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved. This website is published by INEOS on behalf of its businesses. Manage your preferences
or Unsubscribe.

INEOS Automotive Limited is a limited company registered in England with registered number 11201576. Our registered office is at: Hawkslease, Chapel Lane, Lyndhurst,  SO43 7FG, UK. INEOS is a registered trade mark owned by INEOS Capital Limited. Grenadier and Projekt Grenadier are registered trademarks owned by INEOS Automotive Limited.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
I got his as well. Have put it to the filing.

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is funny. ! I keep wondering why certain people get informations from Ineos and others don't. I have received the film of my ordered Grenadier but am still waiting for the email to confirm my configuration.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
We will see.

amglounge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Greasemonkey userid=8882215 postid=1332981120]This is funny. ! I keep wondering why certain people get informations from Ineos and others don't. I have received the film of my ordered Grenadier but am still waiting for the email to confirm my configuration.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same, no more information after the video. Building slot is September

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
@am glounge: 
You just have to be patient. They must be under a lot of stress at the moment. There are a lot of requests that have to be dealt with. I think we should give them the time. It will work out! 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mr Tennent seemed very clear with his words.

"We will be having salable (customer) cars rolling down the line in July".

Future tense used by Mr. Tennent - so no customer production happening right now but must be within a matter a a few days I guess as he then said...

".......giving people (customers) the keys, that will be at the end of July"

At least a month earlier than advised back in May -  early hand raisers; get your money and travel routes ready - your adventure is about to start!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found that interesting.

On this forum we have the very first guys who put their money down as soon as they were able to.
They have their build dates as September at the earliest.

SO - where are the saleable cars that are being built in July going?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pure speculation but maybe either:

1. They overestimated the time to get their production processes ready and in place by at least a month or more;
2. The level of deposits paid back in May are not what they initially anticipated:
3. The first 4-5 weeks of production are going to dealers/agents for public sale (although this doesn't align with their previous statements);
4. Combination of the above

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps they are "saleable"  versions of the cars, but will find their way to the dealers first for test drives etc.  
After that, then they will be sold.

I think there would be riots on their hands if they were anything but dealer demo cars.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Davman userid=8961117 postid=1332987179]Perhaps they are "saleable"  versions of the cars, but will find their way to the dealers first for test drives etc.  

I think there would be riots on their hands if they were anything but dealer demo cars.[/QUOTE]

agree, there are a lot of dealers who need demo vehicles and it’s a safe place to land those first vehicles in case there is a defect found in early production that needs rectification.

Not to mention that giving people the opportunity to do their test drive will lock in those who are wavering which I am sure INEOS are very cognisant of.

in Australia at least INEOS operate under an agency model and own any demo vehicles or stock held be dealers. Not sure about elsewhere.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> in Australia at least INEOS operate under an agency model and own any demo vehicles or stock held be dealers. Not sure about elsewhere.

Same in Germany AFAIK.

> where are the saleable cars that are being built in July going?

The first ten go to Sir Jim, I guess. Full specked, but one color each. ?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Davman userid=8961117 postid=1332987179]Perhaps they are "saleable"  versions of the cars, but will find their way to the dealers first for test drives etc.  
I think there would be riots on their hands if they were anything but dealer demo cars.[/QUOTE].

A similar situation has occurred with Toyota in Australia and their LC300 ...apparently there are 500 units being delivered to their 330 Australian dealers for test drives etc. It is reported that the dealers are under strict instructions that they are not to sell these vehicles for at least 6 months....

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Estimated production is 250 a week.

Thus - approximately 1,200-1,400 cars built in July and August.

So, if earliest production month for the early hand raisers is September - most/all of these to dealers??

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332988922]Estimated production is 250 a week.

Thus - approximately 1,200-1,400 cars built in July and August.

So, if earliest production month for the early hand raisers is September - most/all of these to dealers??[/QUOTE]
Also allow a bit of a ramp up, it won’t be full throttle straight away.

there’s meant to be ~300 dealers already signed up, some of those will have more than 1 vehicle. Then of course there will be a few VIP vehicles for Jim and his mates ?

id say at least the first 500 vehicles would be spoken for before Joe Public gets a look in.

Back
Top Bottom