The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Spotted

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
Didn’t realise that this was the thread to post the relevant info in.

Abersoch, North Wales. Population around 5000 - 6000 in summer, in winter it’s about 400.

Currently 6 Grenadiers driving around the village. IG ratio per person is probably a world record at this time. Which is about the same size as 3 football pitches

That said they are slightly outnumbered by the 500 new defenders, 400 Range Rovers and 100 old defenders.

if you know the place, you will know exactly what I am on about. 😃

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
Didn’t realise that this was the thread to post the relevant info in.

Abersoch, North Wales. Population around 5000 - 6000 in summer, in winter it’s about 400.

Currently 6 Grenadiers driving around the village. IG ratio per person is probably a world record at this time. Which is about the same size as 3 football pitches

That said they are slightly outnumbered by the 500 new defenders, 400 Range Rovers and 100 old defenders.

if you know the place, you will know exactly what I am on about. 😃
Sounds like Notting Hill on Sea

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
Weimaraner and boar maybe but I don't fancy it's chances against a lion. 😲

Looks like a long haired type. 👍
I would not take a Weimaraner against Boar. Just Terrier Wire Haired Fox and of course the German Hunting Terrier the DJT as crazy as these dogs are .. but the any larger dog will see
the vet if it survives. Once again seeing the picture that should show a lion .l
There are a couple of body signs that is untypical for a cat. Tail is far too short and wagging between rear legs. Cats tail is far longer and depending on mood has a different motion. Back is round. Ears … this look like horns. To me this is an escaped young bull calf.. Something the Weimaraner and the Grenadier owner should be able to deal with.
For a large cat or big five a Rhodesian Ridgeback is perhaps a better solution

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
1600 miles on true odometer now (not all done by me) but still haven’t passed another Grenadier on the road yet! I feel left out.

Did take the opportunity to weigh it yesterday - almost a full tank of DERV and a boot full of kit and 2760kg. Less than I expected.

Other than that, car performing well and 25.4mpg as long term economy so far.

IMG_5525.jpeg

pete54

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would not take a Weimaraner against Boar. Just Terrier Wire Haired Fox and of course the German Hunting Terrier the DJT as crazy as these dogs are .. but the any larger dog will see
the vet if it survives. Once again seeing the picture that should show a lion .l
There are a couple of body signs that is untypical for a cat. Tail is far too short and wagging between rear legs. Cats tail is far longer and depending on mood has a different motion. Back is round. Ears … this look like horns. To me this is an escaped young bull calf.. Something the Weimaraner and the Grenadier owner should be able to deal with.
Need a Ridgeback to flush it out and a spaniel to engage it in intelligent conversation.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Those Jadgterriers are great and hard as nails but there’s no dog out there that can take on a wild boar alone. My English Bull Terrier who was a bugger for a scrap had a full on fight with a Berkshire domestic boar and was thrown around like a rag doll to start with until the boar got knackered and the dog had the pigs ear forcing his head to the ground by shear determination and tenacity, eventually the only way to get him off was to pull like hell and shred the pigs ear. The Berkshire boar was lovely but the Bull terrier a bastard a true Jeckel and Hyde character. If that had been a wild boar then the dog would be dead.

pete54

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Those Jadgterriers are great and hard as nails but there’s no dog out there that can take on a wild boar alone. My English Bull Terrier who was a bugger for a scrap had a full on fight with a Berkshire domestic boar and was thrown around like a rag doll to start with until the boar got knackered and the dog had the pigs ear forcing his head to the ground by shear determination and tenacity, eventually the only way to get him off was to pull like hell and shred the pigs ear. The Berkshire boar was lovely but the Bull terrier a bastard a true Jeckel and Hyde character. If that had been a wild boar then the dog would be dead.
7C8DB246-8D1A-40EB-BFD5-58B362C6BFDE.jpeg
Pretty sure this chap would have those lions rounded up before you knew it.

Bärenhunger

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier spotted in the newspaper in the context of an escaped lion near Berlin.

View attachment 7820629
Yes, this the local hunter in front of the vehicle :)

IMG_6097.jpg

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
Did take the opportunity to weigh it yesterday - almost a full tank of DERV and a boot full of kit and 2760kg. Less than I expected.
That's not bad, what spec and how many psgrs onboard?

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, this the local hunter in front of the vehicle :)

View attachment 7820714
This will definitely be recognised. Even if the brand - or front is invisible the elements of the roof and the raised intake are unique. - Of course "Tagesthemen" is late evening. Any competitive automakers will see this. And of course this will be seen by other hunters. It is an advertising for Ineos for no cost.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How does that compare to the various weights in your CoC?

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's how my last Brandlbracke (Austrian Black and Tan) looked after his solo encounter with a boar...
Attila.jpg

Back
Top Bottom