The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier.Parts - Rails, Bags, Glare shields.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
Wow reading this thread with an open mind. I know no-one likes confrontation, but I am inclined to side with the complainant after the responses.

I also agree, that this should be resolved off the Forum, but the vendor is being very aggressive, therefore the complainant retaliates, its a no win situation on these kind of forums.

Is this something for the moderator?

On a personal note, I do like the coloured roof bars and would seriously consider those in RED as they would offset the Donny Grey very well.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
I have the bag under the drivers seat and it stays where it should, even after some hard off-roading. My floor is with carpet…
Same here!

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score

Grenadier.Parts

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Wow reading this thread with an open mind. I know no-one likes confrontation, but I am inclined to side with the complainant after the responses.

I also agree, that this should be resolved off the Forum, but the vendor is being very aggressive, therefore the complainant retaliates, its a no win situation on these kind of forums.

On a personal note, I do like the coloured roof bars and would seriously consider those in RED as they would offset the Donny Grey very well.
Normally I am anything but aggressive...and very service orientated. 🤷‍♂️
The first text from the user has already been deleted...Maybe it looks a little different now in context...
I had asked to contact me directly...

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Trialmaster
I'm with you on not appreciating the brusque style of debate. Thing is, on a world forum one has to account for cultural differences. My daughter in law is from Lithuania and believes in calling a spade a spade. No pussyfooting around with her. It doesn’t always come across so well but she is a very genuine and moral person.

Last edited:

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you PBD, much appreciated. They do look very good.

P.s. I thought you owned a Land Drover previously, are you sure as your drive looks very clear of oil drops?
Still do, one of the very last (leak free) Disco 4s:)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When the bag is inserted correctly, it closes flush at the front and hangs a little behind the bump of the plastic moulding.
Of course, the loaded bag can slip out a little when riding off-road, when it gets bumpy, it has no locking hook, you push it back, it stops behind the plastic moulding and that's it...
As I've already written, I'm happy to accept constructive suggestions, but that's different from bashing it doesn't fit...

I bought the bags in August 23, two at once one with a brown handle, one with a black handle.

I am very pleased with them: they fit on both sides!

My wife laughed at me when I bought them: "you and your worthless stuff for your car" :eek: .

But last April she did for the first time a long trip with me to Spain, and she is very happy with it: every night she took it out of the car and took it to the hotel! She admits she was wrong, probably the first time of her life :ROFLMAO:

I also did some off road with the bags: I didn't notice that they slide out of their position, and if they did, it is quite normal.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
“She admits she was wrong”

That’s it, I have heard enough, this thread has just got ridiculous now, it’s like a fairy tale 😂

Those black bars do look good, I have to say. I might be tempted.

alexandruast

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
I also did some off road with the bags: I didn't notice that they slide out of their position, and if they did, it is quite normal.

The thing that bothers me is that the vendor arguments defies logic. It specifies, even on it's website, that the bags fit "perfectly", becuse they are designed to do so. They do, if you only buy it for the RHS. It is designed to fit on the RHS. It is NOT designed to fit on the LHS, because the LHS is different from the RHS and the bags are the same.
Bottom line, there are a bunch of bags for 10 Euros or less at Decathlon, which kinda fit. This one is 100 Euros plus and the vendor specifies that it fits perfectly. NO, IT DOESN'T! It kinda fits. Why speding 10x more? I don't get it... Please enlighten me.
1714812331142.jpg

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
I suspect that bags that straddle the hump aren't as solidly placed as bags that goes snugs up to the hump. Especially if you put long straight objects like a flashlight into the bag (that's what I got in mine). Perhaps that makes them move when off-roading as the OP complained about?

The bags I use have different dimensions for left and right side to fit perfectly due to the hump.
They stay in place, even when offroading, and I have long hard objects in it, eg flashlight, tire pressure sensor etc.
I think he complainant made a salient point based on his experience, and probably with a bit of cultural differences interspersed. But then again I didn't read the first post that was deleted.

When I got my bags I thought they where too short. They explained to me that they did not want to go over the hump in their design and once I filled up the bags it made complete sense.

Dimensions (in inches) for my bags;
Bags Measures 14" x 6 1/2" Wide"x 4" Tall For the Driver Side
Bags Measures 17" x 6 1/2" Wide"x 4" Tall For the Passenger Side

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I don't want to spoil our supporting vendors thread with a competitors offering.
This was not my intent, I just wanted to be informative.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me is that the vendor arguments defies logic. It specifies, even on it's website, that the bags fit "perfectly", becuse they are designed to do so. They do, if you only buy it for the RHS. It is designed to fit on the RHS. It is NOT designed to fit on the LHS, because the LHS is different from the RHS and the bags are the same.
Bottom line, there are a bunch of bags for 10 Euros or less at Decathlon, which kinda fit. This one is 100 Euros plus and the vendor specifies that it fits perfectly. NO, IT DOESN'T! It kinda fits. Why speding 10x more? I don't get it... Please enlighten me.
View attachment 7855673
This point has been made earlier in your review for the items you received.
Others seem to have not had this problem, or if they did to a much less extent.
The vendor has also offered to communicate with you privately to try and resolve any issues.

Your opinion I’m sure will be noted by prospective customers and taken into account along with the other reviews.

Back
Top Bottom