The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Height

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
Hi team, I'm in the stages of getting a carport measured up for the arrival of the new Baby. Can someone please help with what clearance I need to allow for the Grenadier with a roof top tent?

Would 2.4m clearance be sufficient?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hi team, I'm in the stages of getting a carport measured up for the arrival of the new Baby. Can someone please help with what clearance I need to allow for the Grenadier with a roof top tent?

What's the height of the tent?
What are you mounting it on? Bars?Rack?Brand?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score

Depends on the roof top tent I suppose but my Grenadier with rhino rack and spare wheel and tyre on roof is 2350mm
Clam shell tents have a lower profile than traditional fold out roof top tents
Hope that helps

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very helpful thank you. I am leaning towards the black sheep roof rack, haven't landed on a rooftop tent. I'm in two minds about having a permanent setup for the weight I'll need to lug around. I think I'm looking for a clearance that is forgiving and allows me some play depending on the option I go for. How good would it to be able to easily winch and store the rooftop tent when not in use.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Very helpful thank you. I am leaning towards the black sheep roof rack, haven't landed on a rooftop tent. I'm in two minds about having a permanent setup for the weight I'll need to lug around. I think I'm looking for a clearance that is forgiving and allows me some play depending on the option I go for. How good would it to be able to easily winch and store the rooftop tent when not in use.
We have gone with a Front Runner 3/4 rack ; they have a RTT quick release product (4 brackets) and if you use a small electric winch (they are cheap) the installation/removal is straightforward

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
Depends on the roof top tent I suppose but my Grenadier with rhino rack and spare wheel and tyre on roof is 2350mm
Clam shell tents have a lower profile than traditional fold out roof top tents
Hope that helps
where did you source your second spare? That's presuming it's a second one.

Back
Top Bottom