The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier first look…Tommy, with TFLnow

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Just saw this one too. A bit typecast and marketingy video but I’m sure it helps Ineos reach a much wider audience. I was quite surprised at how many people in the comments didn’t know much or at all about the Grenadier 

Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, they don’t know much, but aren’t afraid to express their opinions!

Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
I got to visit this same studio in Denver to see the prototype. I’m glad TFL did a video as well. The more it gets free press the better. 

Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
I was there as well. I was impressed with the overall package and the team responsible for the roll out.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Quite like some of TFL's videos, and I also listen to their podcasts. I'm glad they have finally given the Gren the attention it deserves, especially as they pride themselves on being a more "offroad focused" channel, and one that likes utilitarian vehicles.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
And Now TFL just posted a follow up impressions video. Nothing too crazy in terms of info but reading the chat thread shows how much free awareness they are driving for Grenadier 

https://youtu.be/Xn01mCjAoLg

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The chat threads are very interesting! lots of positive feedback, but also a few doughnuts there too! Mad how people jump to conclusions without doing any research on a vehicle.

Hopefully the exposure in the US will fuel more discussion, and get some people seriously considering it as an alternative to the Wrangler/Bronco/4runner..... and to some extent the Defender, although i feel they appeal to different audiences.   

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I seriously doubt the Grenadier is going to sway the hardcore Jeep and 4 Runner crowd (albeit for different reasons). The Grenadiers will primarily appeal to two kinds of people IMHO. people who want the coolest and latest. Secondly people who value it for it's hardcore bones and payload. These will the people who will build it for overland and touring. That is where I think the initial market lies. Now if the Grenadier proceeds to be reliable and reasonably good at rock crawling then I expect a whole horde of 4 Runner loyalists and people cross shopping the bronco to come over and try the Gren

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I don't think any rock crawlers will be lining up for a Grenadier. However the market is certainly trending towards the overland scene, and many Jeepers who favour touring may see the benefits the Ineos has in that application.

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Paachi nailed it - if the Grenadier proves itself reliable, the Toyota 4Runner guys will come over for the added capacity.  I'm almost glad the US gets it a year after ROW so we can see what works and what doesn't, and make an informed decision.

That, or I'm hitting pure copium.

Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
I’m also glad the US will get it a year or more have release elsewhere.  Plenty of time for vetting.  Time for real user reviews. Time for aftermarket.  Time for current manufacturers to release new stuff as well. I love the jeep bronco battle and the mid size truck war. Exciting times 

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Good times indeed.  Will be interesting to see how the new Toyota SUVs are received - Sequoia just launched and 4Runner coming soon, probably before US Grenadier deliveries start.  Those are going to be big competition for the Grenadier.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The new Sequoia looks very good..its the LC300 for the US. I haven't sat in it but judging by the videos it looks like a good balance between interior space and exterior size. The current gen 4Runners are too small on the inside for me.

I too am glad that US is getting the Grenadier a bit later than ROW..however, in speaking with Greg Clark during the 2B prototype tour, it seems like we will be asked in the US to put in out deposit and lock config for the orders in late 2022. Which means we will have about 3 - 4 months of ROW drive data to go off.

That being said, this is will be my first new vehicle ever..and I am in 100% ?

Back
Top Bottom