The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've done a data dump from the WW website of all CRN's between 6200002300 out to 6200002710 (the highest CRN with any shipping info).

The result was 3565 records that I've exported to an excel spreadsheet. If i've done it correctly, the excel spreadsheet (valid to today) should be attached to this post.

I've extracted the destination port, order (VIN) number and some other vehicle information from the VIN based on posts from this forum. So you should be able to filter the data by destination port or order number, for example.

If nothing else, the data makes some interesting reading. Like how out of the 3565 records, 3004 are US bound petrol versions of the vehicle and that there are only 360 diesels (around 10%).
The highest VIN / Order currently registered with WW is 14047. Obviously, this is only based on the WW website data that is publicly available, so it is most certainly not a complete picture.

Slightly disappointing is that my 00765X order number isn't anywhere to be found, even though I've been told that it will land in Fremantle mid-Feb. I'm in no hurry, so not too concerned. Maybe there are other carriers that I don't know about?
Well Done Mate. Looks like mine has been booked. (again) Lets hope they load it this time...

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A update on the supply of my replacement Grenadier.

After the failure to supply #3301 last September, Ineos have rebuilt my order and will now be supplied as #12861 and will hopefully arrive in Perth in May 2024.

Must be one of the last original reservation holder vehicles to be delivered? Definitely been a wait.
I think you definitely have to be the last of the originals, it's crazy that it took them so long, but we don't know how it all works behind the scenes. I know that there are 4 cancelled orders landing in a few days along with 23 ordered Grenadiers so the rep told me these will be the new demonstrators. I'm surprised they didn't offer you one? or do you have an unusual spec?

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I think you definitely have to be the last of the originals, it's crazy that it took them so long, but we don't know how it all works behind the scenes. I know that there are 4 cancelled orders landing in a few days along with 23 ordered Grenadiers so the rep told me these will be the new demonstrators. I'm surprised they didn't offer you one? or do you have an unusual spec?
Nothing special. MIne needed rework and got lost while in Zeebrugge back in June and they decided to rebuild it. Has taken a bit longer than I anticipated, but with the opening of the US deliveries I'm not surprised.

They have been good in loaning me a vehicle until mine arrives (I believe it is a cancelled order vehicle).

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing special. MIne needed rework and got lost while in Zeebrugge back in June and they decided to rebuild it. Has taken a bit longer than I anticipated, but with the opening of the US deliveries I'm not surprised.

They have been good in loaning me a vehicle until mine arrives (I believe it is a cancelled order vehicle).
How is the loan vehicle? any bing/bongs and warning lights?

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
How is the loan vehicle? any bing/bongs and warning lights?
Pretty good actually. I just hope my vehicle is as trouble free as this has been.

Only problems are:

1. Rear door striker needed adjustment to stop the Door Open alarm (was sorted out at pickup)
2. Indicators occasionally make weird sounds (not the tick-tick) . Resets after stopping vehicle.
3. Outer doorseal not mating and letting water in between the seals

Apart from that it has been trouble free.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pretty good actually. I just hope mine is as trouble free as this has been.

Only problems are:

1. Rear door striker needed adjustment to stop the Door Open alarm (was sorted out at pickup)
2. Indicators occasionally make weird sounds (not the tick-tick) . Resets after stopping vehicle.
That's good, I've heard the indicators, that's quite a strange noise

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
The tracking on the left of screen says Toeberg's next stop is Durban. It seems that Durban is used for crew rotation or shore leave, so it may not moor at the wharf and unload cars. Which may explain why it is not on the Port's arrivals.

TONSBERG02.png

Last edited:

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
The tracking on the left of screen says Toeberg's next stop is Durban.

It seems that Durban is used for crew rotation or shore leave, so it may not moor at the wharf. Which may explain why it is not on the Port's arrivals.

It looks like the distance from Southampton to Melbourne is such that refuelling might be needed for some vessels and the follow up to that is I have read refuelling is done by a tanker mooring alongside rather than just berthing.

Vessel tracking web sites have listed Durban for some time and the crew has been on board for 18 days since leaving Southampton, I wonder what the cost of calling in to Durban would be? I'm suggesting fuel might be more likely.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It looks like the distance from Southampton to Melbourne is such that refuelling might be needed for some vessels and the follow up to that is I have read refuelling is done by a tanker mooring alongside rather than just berthing.

Vessel tracking web sites have listed Durban for some time and the crew has been on board for 18 days since leaving Southampton, I wonder what the cost of calling in to Durban would be? I'm suggesting fuel might be more likely.
Other car carriers to Durban stayed around longer than just the time they were moored, suggesting something else was going on. It might be a combination of things including bunker oil.

Remember that shipping schedule is just a guestimate.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oops! I'd forgotten it's not refuelling its bunkering, nor did I realise 'till today that 'lading' is a Dutch word. Hay Ho, I'll get there eventually!

Edit. as in Bill of Lading

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FYI - in Melbourne vehicles are taking about a week from being unloaded at port to delivery at the dealers. Then add time for onboarding, PDI and installation of extras.
Port Kembla delivery times from the Port to Sydney dealer is around 5 days, on average.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The increasing threat of attacks in the Red Sea, especially from Yemen’s Houthi militia, is the reason behind the rerouting of ships across Africa. The Middle East is tense as a result of their attacks on cargo ships and American retaliation. The demand for bunker fuel is increasing in ports from Mauritius to South Africa and the Canary Islands due to the rerouting, which is changing refuelling patterns. The busiest bunkering ports, Rotterdam and Singapore, are expected to see a rise in ship refuelling as a precaution against unforeseen route alterations. The crucial channel that carries 15% of global maritime commerce is the target of the Houthis’ strikes, which affect the link between Europe and Asia. Infrastructure is strained in bunkering ports due to congestion caused by large vessels choosing the longer route around Africa.

and,

The port, (Durban) which has been plagued by equipment failures, insufficient infrastructure maintenance, and adverse weather conditions, has a backlog of container vessels that is only expected to be cleared by February 2024.11 Dec 2023

Tonsberg has been out of range of land based AIS for over a day now, heading for Melbourne perhaps? I doubt it.
Morning Lisa is due in Brisbane a day later than Tonsberg but via Auckland, it will be interesting to see who wins. In theory it's a slightly longer voyage but ......!

Yours Faithfully,
Bored and slightly unimpressed.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The threat of hail yesterday saw Purnell get all the customer cars under cover. Mine ended up in the showroom as is (ie dirty, as no final detail as yet).

Still no firm delivery date, that may change tomorrow if INEOS delivers the software fix. Delivery may be some time next week.

Themis is at the RO RO wharf in Port Kembla unloading right now. Average delivery time to Sydney dealer is 5 days after being off loaded. EDIT: Themsis has left Port Kembla bound for Brisbane.

With any luck the new cars with impacted VIN numbers will not be delayed - if the INEOS software fix arrives on time.

Last edited:

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
1. I've discovered WW do regularly update their Schedules Web page.
2. Vessel tracking web pages now show Tonsberg arriving Melbourne 29/2/24 and WW has her docking 1st March, 2 days behind the original 28th Feb.
3. So it would seem that Tonsberg did not actually dock in Durban but was there for crew/bunkering etc. and now on her way to Melbourne :)

Updated schedule.png

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
AIRBAG SOFTWARE FIX ARRIVES
My dealer received the airbag software fix from INEOS late Thursday. The fix will be applied to my car Friday morning. Then the car will be registered, test driven, detailed and then delivered.

No date or time for delivery as yet (probably next week).

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer received the airbag software fix from INEOS late Thursday. The fix will be applied to my car Friday morning. Then the car will be registered, test driven, detailed and then delivered.

No date or time for delivery as yet (probably next week).
Just got off the phone from the dealer, vehicle is here- that's the good news, bad news is that it's being held back for quarantine inspection ??? sounds like political port wrangling to me.

Back
Top Bottom