The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Cross-Shopping?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
Have just purchased a Land Cruiser 76 GXL 5 Door (2021) as a stand by vehicle with very low milage. Once the Grenadier is on a ship to Australia, the LC will go on the market place and the way the market is zooming these days for LC, all costings will be recovered plus some. Had to transport the LC up to Townsville from Launceston in Tasmania but it will be a good standby product, and produce good sale price in 12 months time. Meanwhile I have a good Bush Car.
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
a fine approach/hedge.
win/win

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Big claims there by Fering. Can't personally see something like this entering the mainstream public market.

Perhaps a niche vehicle for some military applications?
I'd forgotten all about this.

The PR blurb from when it went public in September 2021, suggested sales of 150 to 200 per year. So it was never intended to be more than an extremely niche vehicle.

One of the car articles mentioned "The first customer has already laid down a deposit and expects to take delivery next summer as part of a project to preserve Amazon forestation."

Anyone seen anything on that?

For the £150k mentioned, I'd be looking at a Glickenhaus Boot. glickenhaus-boot-buggy-1.jpg

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone else is cross shopping and/or using as a fall-back plan?

Nice question!

Seriously looked at Sprinter 4x4 some time ago just after the Obereigner conversions became unavailable.

Recently the toss up‘s between the Grenadier and Iveco Daily 4x4 (Fourgon or 55S18). Wife‘s more into the classic Grenadier looks, son‘s in to the beast Iveco look. I‘m 60-40 on the Grenadier side but the Iveco 4x4 2022 looks like one hell of a cool vehicle to convert to 4x4 camper / overlander.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Recently the toss up‘s between the Grenadier and Iveco Daily 4x4 (Fourgon or 55S18). Wife‘s more into the classic Grenadier looks, son‘s in to the beast Iveco look. I‘m 60-40 on the Grenadier side but the Iveco 4x4 2022 looks like one hell of a cool vehicle to convert to 4x4 camper / overlander.
There's some nice content on YouTube on the Iveco. 👍

Are the axles the same series used on the Iveco Daily 4x4 as the Grenadier?

And of course, Artcic Trucks do a nice version:
Vehicle-Imagery_0001_36860895433_9f669c7c7d_k_NEW-1.jpg

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
There's some nice content on YouTube on the Iveco. 👍

Are the axles the same series used on the Iveco Daily 4x4 as the Grenadier?
Yes, found some nice content in the past but never been able to get any detailed tech specs from anywhere.

The H3 height was somewhat of a turn off but the low van model looks like it could give the Grenadier a run for its money.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, found some nice content in the past but never been able to get any detailed tech specs from anywhere.
I've got a pdf somewhere... I'll see if I can find it...

Local time
Reaction score

The H3 height was somewhat of a turn off but the low van model looks like it could give the Grenadier a run for its money.

You've probably already seen this website, but if not, this could be useful:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The pioneer is a really interesting option. Way out of my price range however. View attachment 7792371
These stats are great if it makes it into production.

After seeing so many startups come and go after Tesla showed the way I am always sceptical unless I can see that the company has a way to get into full scale manufacturing. Tesla bought an existing factory that was previously operating as NUMMI (partershoip between GM and Toyota) and had a billionaire backer that was willing to risk the shirt of his back to make it happen. Pretty much every other electric car of note on the market is from an existing automotive company.

I think the Fering is an awesome concept and I would almost certainly be a prospective customer if they could make it available where I live - I have just learnt to temper my expectations of concepts turning into globally available vehicles so am doubtful it will ever be an option.

If it wasn't for the Hambach factory (and this is just conjecture on my part) I doubt we would have seen a vehicle in customers hands until late in 2023 at best.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I recall an early INEOS video, (will try and find it) where an INEOS rep stating that the purchase of the Hambach factory shortened production commencement timelines by at least 2 years from the initial business plan.

In other words - we would be discussing all these current forum topics in August 2024

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I recall an early INEOS video, (will try and find it) where an INEOS rep stating that the purchase of the Hambach factory shortened production commencement timelines by at least 2 years from the initial business plan.

In other words - we would be discussing all these current forum topics in August 2024
There we go - I was being too optimistic in my pessimism :)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After seeing so many startups come and go after Tesla showed the way I am always sceptical unless I can see that the company has a way to get into full scale manufacturing.
I'd imagine it would be a similar setup to BAC or Ariel. At the 200 per year output and a 1 week build time, you only need build space for 4 cars at a time. A large garage or medium sized commercial premises would get it done.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• Iveco Daily - 4x4 Daily - Mini Bus.pdf
    465.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Iveco Daily - 22716381cr.pdf
    204.4 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom