The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier at Overland Expo East, 8 October 2022

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
FYI: INEOS emailed me Thursday morning, 29 September with an invite to their reservation holder reception on 08 October at the Overland Expo East in Arrington, Virginia, USA. Since I was already planning to attend the Expo that weekend, this opportunity was perfect.

Unfortunately, I did not see that email until later in the day and - by that time - the reception was already full.

So, I’ve contacted INEOS to determine if they will have a waiting / stand-by list for reservation holders who would like to attend the reception.

INEOS is currently on the Overland Expo East list as an official exhibitor. Hopefully, I’ll be able to at least see a prototype during the Expo weekend. Is there anyone else here on the forum planning to attend?

Sailor96

Reservation Holder
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
FYI: INEOS emailed me Thursday morning, 29 September with an invite to their reservation holder reception on 08 October at the Overland Expo East in Arrington, Virginia, USA. Since I was already planning to attend the Expo that weekend, this opportunity was perfect.

Unfortunately, I did not see that email until later in the day and - by that time - the reception was already full.

So, I’ve contacted INEOS to determine if they will have a waiting / stand-by list for reservation holders who would like to attend the reception.

INEOS is currently on the Overland Expo East list as an official exhibitor. Hopefully, I’ll be able to at least see a prototype during the Expo weekend. Is there anyone else here on the forum planning to attend?
I got the same email- but missed it- The Mid-Atlantic Rally started on Thursday- I wasn't looking at gmail- I was loading my D1 and heading to event. Grenadier has at least 8 reservations- I've talked to them- that will miss this. Damn shame. I could go on- but on scotch # 2 so I digress

D

Deleted member 9045924

My wife and I were able to attend the Overland Expo on Saturday Oct. 8. I snapped a few pictures with my phone and chatted for a while with an Ineos rep who seemed pretty knowledgeable and had worked previously for Land Rover and has a 110 that he built into an off-roader/overland vehicle. The vehicle was the same light blue model that has been in the US for nearly a year. As it is an early prototype, there was obviously not anything new to see/touch and the vehicle was not running during the day. For me, it was great to see the vehicle “in the flesh” and get a sense of the size of the interior and exterior. The seats were fantastic both in their comfort and in the durable feeling of the material. The driving position was far more comfortable for me than my wife’s JL Rubicon Unlimited (leather). I am 6’2” and found that I had plenty of headroom and the seats provided lots of shoulder room. Visibility from the driver seat was good. The door when closed was the perfect flat surface to rest an arm. Rear seats were also comfortable and roomy. I was impressed even with the prototype, and could imagine a slightly more polished finished version as a great vehicle. 824F6CFC-F4B9-40D2-A0EA-9C6E356E893E.jpeg01A82D48-E43C-4B93-8583-E6C52FF93B81.jpeg9C8E99AB-C994-49F5-AA9A-488395EC8BDB.jpeg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
930 pounds static on the roof, he said.

That's more than I remember.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
150kg dynamic and 420 kgs static in the brochure.
That is 330 & 925 pounds
It’s hard to understand why a pound shouldn’t be half a kilo.

I like the metric system 😀

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
It’s hard to understand why a pound shouldn’t be half a kilo.

I like the metric system 😀
2.2 pounds to the kg.
We used imperial when I was young but then changed over to metric.
I still tend to use imperial when talking about a persons height.
Metric is so much easier and more accurate when working with trades/engineering
We tend to use mm and metres and rarely use centimetres.
When I cut I measure to the mm or even half mm
so 2234 mm
We had an American guy working with us who cut to nearest 1/8" usually and 1/16" if he wanted precision.
Nightmare to work with.

Last edited:

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was lucky that NZ had already swapped to the metric system by the time i did my Toolmaking apprenticeship.
All the old UK tradesmen in the toolroom were impossible to understand as it were with some of the accents, but all the talk of thousands of an inch and 1/32s....
Give me .1mm any day

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
British heritage.

Just look at their money:

1 Sovereign = 4 Crown = 8 Half Crown = 10 Florin = 20 Shilling = 60 Groat = 240 Penny = 960 Farthing = 1 Pound Sterling.

🙃 😂

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And yet nobody's ever come up with a metric drive system to beat 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" & 1".

The French just measured it wrong when they set up the metric system. 😉
Well, what’s the weight of one liter. water for you 😬

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
As usually, it depends (tm).

Deuterium bound water is heavier than other water. :p

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia we buy timber (lumber in US) by dimensions.
So a 90 x 45 is 90mm wide x 45mm high.
ask an American what the dimensions of a 2 x 4 are?
Obviously 2 inches x 4 inches
No
It is 1.5" x 3.5"
A 1" x 4" board is actually 0.75" x 3.5"
We have 44 gallon drums still in Australia but the same drum in the US is a 50 gallon drum.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
We have 44 gallon drums still in Australia but the same drum in the US is a 50 gallon drum.
Ours equal 200L. Brilliant communication with most other nations/military etc!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As usually, it depends (tm).

Deuterium bound water is heavier than other water. :p
You have a small reactor in your backyard, haven’t you?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I am the reactor and drink Deuterium Oxide every morning.

Back
Top Bottom