The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Petrol/Gas GPF

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:09 PM
Reaction score
From what I understand, the B58 (gasoline/petrol engine) in the Grenadier comes with a Gasoline Particulate Filter (GPF), also known as a Petrol Particulate Filter (PPF). It is a filter in the exhaust system like the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) that comes in all modern diesels.

Has anyone owned a vehicle with a GPF? What has been your experience? Did you have any problems?

Thanks in advance.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
@Bruce - Thank you! I was on the same path this morning, but only 87 pages in!

@Krabby - note the caution on short trips!
That's tough for me given my commute is so short. I'll have to make sure to get on the Parkway once a week to heat things up.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's tough for me given my commute is so short. I'll have to make sure to get on the Parkway once a week to heat things up.
I believe that is referred to as the Italian Tune Up

[ Adam ]

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like some time is warranted under the Grenadier examining the exhaust - I'm particularly interested in knowing whether there is an oxygen sensor after the GPF.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So the GPF is there to catch particulates from the combustion process from exiting the exhaust? But it regenerates, to clean itself, by heating up and burning away those particulates? Doesn’t that introduce into the air, what the filter was supposed to catch in the first place?🤔

Last edited:

[ Adam ]

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So the GPF is there to catch particulates from the combustion process from exiting the exhaust? But it regenerates, to clean itself, by heating up and burning away those particulates? Doesn’t that introduce the into the air, what the filter was supposed to catch in the first place?🤔

No

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where does it go?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like some time is warranted under the Grenadier examining the exhaust - I'm particularly interested in knowing whether there is an oxygen sensor after the GPF.
Not that I know what I’m seeing (CAT/GPF), but no sensors after the CAT/GPF. There is a welded metal tube exiting the bottom of the CAT/GPF can that leads me to believe they are in the same can.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
Is the US GPF monitored?
Would its removal throw a code?

Back
Top Bottom