The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Got invited to the Grenadier 2B prototype walkthrough in San Francisco!!

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:23 PM
Reaction score
Huzzah!!

Scheduled for Jan 27th 2022!! Will keep you guys posted on my findings..I am sure many in the forum here also got invited.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I am gonna compile a list of things/ questions I want to ask and check when I see the Gren in flesh. Will post those here. Please let me know if the community has any questions that I can also ask or check on the 2B prototype. 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I'm booked for 10am on Monday 24'th in LA, yes the location is that vague.

So as per the other thread I'll try and get answers to as many of the questions that I can. I'll hopefully get that posted in the afternoon so someone else, perhaps @Paachi can follow up with anything that I forget to ask or clarify in my excitement 

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be at the Seattle 2/1 event at 2.  What a surprise and walked out of a meeting to sign up

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Almost missed the email as it got improperly filtered. I'm excited to see it and go for a test drive somewhere in Seattle!

PowerfulUSUltd

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
See you in Seattle 2/1 12. @Paachi, good idea on the list. Hope they have some merch, I'm cheap and don't want to pay shipping from the UK. No location specified yet, right? I thought I read test drive somewhere while signing up so I assume out of the city.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes, @PowerfulUSUltd, Yeah the location seems generic for now. Mine just says SF. I wonder if it will be Hollister Hills off road park or, Maybe some private land near Mt. Tamalpais. Hollister would be very cool. Its a lot of green-laning with quite technical sections.

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
So jealous! @Stu_Barnes @Paachi @PowerfulUSUltd @ADVAW8S

Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
I have some minor questions. 

1) is there a plan on mirroring the rear doors for left hand drive markets? The big door is currently swinging toward the passenger side. The passages/sidewalk side is opposite for left hand drive. It's minor quality of life change that would be nice. Not vital. 

2) Will the aux panel be wired even if we don't choose the build option?  How easy it it to wire if not optioned?

3) It seems wide enough to require the amber lights in US market. Where will those be? Roof mount or grill mount? 

4) Rear view camera is law in the US now. Any ideas on mouthing point? 

5) Any indication on expanding the paint/color options. I like the nose and door colors, but still look odd without the other panels being painted to match them. 

All are fairly minor, but one vaguely curious about it some way or another. 

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
Darn, checked junk email and everything.  No invites.  How do you go about signing up?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
AZGrenadier said:
Darn, checked junk email and everything.  No invites.  How do you go about signing up?

I just received an email this morning. Interesting how it’s only a few locations all on the west coast. Hopefully they’ll move east, I’m sure it would be great to test drive in the snow.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
this is the email I was sent  not sure if it was a random thing on the part of INEOS or targeted marketing. I do hope that they go to a lot more locations in the USA though.

Your invitation to meet the Grenadier

Hello Stuart, The INEOS Grenadier is now here in the United States. Thanks so much for playing your part in the journey so far. Now we’d like to invite you to be among the first in the country to have access to the world’s newest 4X4 utility vehicle. The 4X4 built to overcome the toughest conditions with best-in-class off-road capability, and engineered for durability and reliability.

This is an exclusive early sneak peek well in advance of the official launch, and places are limited. So, book your spot to see the Grenadier up close now and put your questions to the team first-hand.

Ready to meet the Grenadier?

ih8mud

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Seattle 2B tour:
Are the locations top secret? Does anyone know if you can go and just look at it without an invite? For some reason, I didn't make the cut for the Seattle prototype tour. I live in Seattle and would love to go kick some tires if someone that got an invite wants to bring a friend/me.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ih8mud said:
Seattle 2B tour:
Are the locations top secret? Does anyone know if you can go and just look at it without an invite? For some reason, I didn't make the cut for the Seattle prototype tour. I live in Seattle and would love to go kick some tires if someone that got an invite wants to bring a friend/me.

I sent them an email asking about guests and location specifics. Will report back if I hear anything.

Local time
Reaction score
I emailed them for the SF location.  They provided the following address:  3073 17th Street San Francisco, CA 94110.   That's in the Mission district, so I'm assuming this is not really a "test drive" as it said on the registration ticket, but more of a "touch and feel" kind of thing.  

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"Sorry about the confusion, there was a glitch in our system and the addresses didn't load. Here is the address for the Seattle event: 154 N 35th St, Seattle, WA 98103.

As far as guests. Due to current Covid restrictions space is extremely limited at our events and we want to allow as many reservation holders as possible to experience the Grenadier. So at this time we are not allowing guests, but if that should change we will notify you." 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Ditto for the Los Angeles location, let's hope that they are a bit better at the mechanical stuff than they are at putting websites together, ha.

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Jeff  ih8mud userid=8455673 postid=1331660844]Seattle 2B tour:
Are the locations top secret? Does anyone know if you can go and just look at it without an invite? For some reason, I didn't make the cut for the Seattle prototype tour. I live in Seattle and would love to go kick some tires if someone that got an invite wants to bring a friend/me.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure anyone who wants to go can just sign up.  Just click that banner/link in Stu Barne’s post above (repost of website address here): https://grenadierprototypetour.com/usa.html?utm_source=Salesforce&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2B_Prototype_US

Back
Top Bottom