The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Got invited to the Grenadier 2B prototype walkthrough in San Francisco!!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
Hadn't seen that. They told us the hood latch was broken so we couldn't see under the bonnet. I expected more free space under there!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
In Seattle, I asked one of guys there who does all the maintenance on the US car about adding a compressor under the hood.   He said it would be very tight and closest option would be passenger side but that is a big might depending on size of compressor.  

Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
ADVAW8S said:
In Seattle, I asked one of guys there who does all the maintenance on the US car about adding a compressor under the hood.   He said it would be very tight and closest option would be passenger side but that is a big might depending on size of compressor.  

Sounds like a great opportunity to chat with a Grenadier mechanic! Space does look tight under the hood, but its hard to know if an air compressor will - or won't - fit in the engine bay just from a photo.

There looks like there might be room under one of the passenger seats for an air compressor - depending on what else a person decides to put under there. Compressors generate heat, so that is something to consider. Access is also important, so the air fitting needs to be readily accessible when one opens the passenger door (i.e. its right under the passenger seat, and all you have to do is pop on the hose). You don't want to have to mess with moving gear or flipping seats to get to the compressor.

Did you learn anything else from the mechanic?

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I am not the biggest fan of putting an air compressor under the hood. It gets dirty and hot under there. I like the idea of under the passenger seat. I was also thinking the space in the rear where INEOS had designed an externally accessible 'wet gear' compartment (near the gas filler cap) in the initial prototypes, might be a good location. You could access it internally by removing a trim panel and installing the compressor there. Use up the dead space and it should be cleaner and cooler there.

chaos

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
I got my invite today.  It will be the Denver location on February 15th.  Can't wait!!!

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=David Chao  chaos userid=8438678 postid=1331815698]I got my invite today.  It will be the Denver location on February 15th.  Can't wait!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Nothing here! Sending an email!

chaos

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
Maybe you can ride with me??

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They were pretty ok with +1s. In our group there were at least 3-4 people who came with +1s

Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
Paachi said:
I am not the biggest fan of putting an air compressor under the hood. It gets dirty and hot under there. I like the idea of under the passenger seat. I was also thinking the space in the rear where INEOS had designed an externally accessible 'wet gear' compartment (near the gas filler cap) in the initial prototypes, might be a good location. You could access it internally by removing a trim panel and installing the compressor there. Use up the dead space and it should be cleaner and cooler there.

Agreed about under the hood. Mine is in a cubby in the bed of my truck - and I have a topper on my truck - so the compressor stays clean and dry.

Back
Top Bottom