The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Gidday.... Fuel tank capacity

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone from Oz.  Very interested in fuel tank capacity (diesel) and range for the Grenadier.  Big wide open spaces and a long way between drinks down under.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
I would think it is under consideration. Different markets , different needs.There is also room for jerry cans , which is how people used to do it. Ray Ericksen took a series 2 Landy West of Centre (The name of his book of the trip) in 1967 ; he packed 8 jerry cans as well as the onboard tank.The saying goes , you can't have everything - where would you put it?

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
Yep fair enough. I run a LC76 with 180litre long ranger tank. Plus 4 by 10litre jerries. You need it on the Canning Stock Route. 1 fuel stop in 2000km of sand tracks.

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
Hoping to see 100L (26 ish Gal) at least.

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
I asked that question during the prototype tour and was told its currently 90l for diesel and 20l (vaguely recall) for adblue. Tom said they will try to maximise. Any after market will need to remove the muffler. Wonder if that would be more cost (other than the second tank) coz the rear protection plate and exhaust needs to change. I'm not a fan of boom boxy exhaust systems. 

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
Happygolucky said:
I asked that question during the prototype tour and was told its currently 90l for diesel and 20l (vaguely recall) for adblue. 

Could that space for the (approx.) 20 liter adblue tank be used for extra fuel capacity in the gasoline powered variant?

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Ovrland said:
Could that space for the (approx.) 20 liter adblue tank be used for extra fuel capacity in the gasoline powered variant?

Sorry. I did not ask =( 

I was only interested in the diesel variant to replace my Touareg. 

Back
Top Bottom