The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Getting to grips with your IG

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
Making. Waiting. Harder. Grrrrrrrrr 😥

Seriously, if my butt is in the seat of my own Grenadier by Valentine's Day next year I'll be surprised.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
That video was very useful and informative 👍🏼. Thanks for the link.
Just some thoughts.
having watched many of the utube reviews and read many of the motoring press reviews, I think many of these journalists should have watched this video before using the Grenadier. I’m sure they all had some instructions on use of the Grenadier, but without any previous use or knowledge of how a proper 4x4 works , many of them were making mistakes that can’t be attributed to the machine but to the operator. Anyone who has driven for example, a tractor, Defender, Landcruiser etc would be aware of How to use four wheel drive and diff locks inc getting the centre diff to mesh onto place. The operation of the front and rear diffs was explained in the video as a 1 sec press and release but I saw on at least one video of someone describing how to press and release the buttons then press again to engage the axle diffs. A little more instruction and studying of the controls and user manual before using the Grenadiers may have resulted in more positive reviews of the differentials usage in some instances. 🤔

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
That video was very useful and informative 👍🏼. Thanks for the link.
Just some thoughts.
having watched many of the utube reviews and read many of the motoring press reviews, I think many of these journalists should have watched this video before using the Grenadier. I’m sure they all had some instructions on use of the Grenadier, but without any previous use or knowledge of how a proper 4x4 works , many of them were making mistakes that can’t be attributed to the machine but to the operator. Anyone who has driven for example, a tractor, Defender, Landcruiser etc would be aware of How to use four wheel drive and diff locks inc getting the centre diff to mesh onto place. The operation of the front and rear diffs was explained in the video as a 1 sec press and release but I saw on at least one video of someone describing how to press and release the buttons then press again to engage the axle diffs. A little more instruction and studying of the controls and user manual before using the Grenadiers may have resulted in more positive reviews of the differentials usage in some instances. 🤔
It has been the same at the demo drive for me. my co driver had been enervated by one month of "of course I know how to handle it!" test drivers. If the journalists behaved like this it is a surprise that nothing more happened.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It has been the same at the demo drive for me. my co driver had been enervated by one month of "of course I know how to handle it!" test drivers. If the journalists behaved like this it is a surprise that nothing more happened.
👍🏼
Without an understanding of how the vehicle works you can have no mechanical empathy.
With this type of back to basics 4x4 you have to understand how it works and have empathy if not buy a modern SUV with lots of electrickery to help you out.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be honest, I am very happy with the purpose of this video, but the guy speaks too fast and doesn't articulate very well. Makes it (for me) a little bit difficult to understand as a non-native speaker.
Maybe request Ineos to make the same video in Flemish or Woloon I found it informative and interesting so worth a call to Ineos 👍🏼

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
A thumbs up for that video. Explained well what was going on and what should happen

I also now know that the warning light panel is called the tell tail light cluster. Wonder who thought that one up ?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe request Ineos to make the same video in Flemish or Woloon I found it informative and interesting so worth a call to Ineos 👍🏼
Probably they will make it in French and Spanish and German too! And other languages. At least I hope so.

And "Walloon" = French
"Flemish" = Dutch
:)
But you know that.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
Have any of the new owners got access to the online parts and service manual? Thats what I really want to see.
This I have a horrible feeling is something that will not be the all encompassing interactive experience we're hoping for.

Theres been very little to no news, and that would have been a great 'give the customers some red meat' distraction until deliveries start.

I think when it comes time to deliver then we will have a more traditional maintenance manual. Or at the best, it will be for the INEOS part of the vehicle, BMW, ZF and the other major component suppliers I don't see being onboard with this.

I hope I'm wrong.

Alex7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don‘t care if journalists or posh car drivers don’t get along with using the machine. But of course for INEOS it is an issue.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I noticed that he said that it needs to be in neutral and stopped to engage the centre diff, whereas some reviews have said it can be done on the move.. I’d imagine that it can be done on the move as an old defender but ….

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the absence of an Owners Manual, I found it useful to meantime compile an aide memoire of screenshots from the video.
Thanks a lot! It’s great that they switch off seat heating in wading mode🤣
They seem to know their customers!

Last edited:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I realize that all the 4wd and AWD cars & SUVs I've driven have 'managed' systems that either group the basic functions together as you select a 'mode', or use all kinds of wizardry (including differential braking) to give maximum traction. The higher-end Jeep Grand Cherokee modes are witchcraft.

Given the functionality of the and direct control of the IG, would the 'heirarchy' of implementation be:

In order of implementation:
Auto Gear Selection, transfer case High
+Center diff lock
+Rear Diff lock
+Front Diff lock
Switch to low transfer case (assume front and rear already locked)
Switch to center lock diff
+/- manual gear selection at what point?

With gear box in low, when/why would you have the diffs unlocked? A steep incline with good traction?

I am definately going to have to have a laminated card zip tied to something in the cabin on what speeds and modes are needed to enable/disable/change modes. If not for my own memory, but if someone else is driving it and doesn't remember the brief I gave them 18 months ago......

Back
Top Bottom