The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Getting to grips with your IG

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous
Il est mentionné dans le guide de poche que les feux de route auxiliaires à LED fonctionnent "en conjonction" avec les feux de route. Je comprends donc qu'après avoir activé l'interrupteur "Working" (Exterior Lights) sur le panneau de commande supérieur, lorsque l'on active les feux de route normaux, automatiquement les feux de route auxiliaires s'allument également et s'éteignent lorsque l'on repasse en feux de croisement. Sur mon DEF 90 de 2009, j'avais installé un système équivalent pour allumer des feux de jour à LED lorsque je mettais les feux de position selon le schéma suivant.
La commande du relais des feux de jour était prise sur le fil du feu de position gauche. Lorsque j'active les feux de position, le relais est activé et les feux de jour s'allument. Un interrupteur au tableau de bord coupe la commande du relais. Le montage du Grenadier pour les feux de route auxiliaire à LED doit être du même ordre. L'interrupteur des feux auxiliaires sur le tableau de commande supérieur permet de choisir l'allumage des feux de route auxiliaire ou pas, lorsque l'on passe en feux de route.

View attachment 7803348

Vers Guide de poche

View attachment 7803345

View attachment 7803346

Schéma d'alimentation des feux de jour par activation des feux de position (Veilleuse côté droit)

View attachment 7803347
Yes, correct - this (driving lights on seperate switch must be activated/deactivated with high beams) is required by law in Australia.

Oui, correct - ceci (les feux de conduite sur l'interrupteur séparé doivent être activés/désactivés avec des feux de route) est requis par la loi en Australie.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
Two-speed, fully synchronized 'shift-on-the-move' system allows the driver to change the range without having to stop the vehicle'
To be honest, I would have expected exactly this feature for the Grenadier.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
You may be slowly rolling but you have to put the automatic transmission into neutral to go between high and low range or vise versa.
That's one of the weak points of having an automatic transmission: Sometimes a mechanical, foot-operated clutch is something very useful.
Personally I come to a stop before changing.
Sometimes... It's all about smoothness. E.g, I love the sync'ed reverse gear of my Defender TD5, so quick & smooth on reversing.

Regarding locking the centre diff: Never had the idea (not in the Series Santana, nor the TD5 or the Unimogs) of stopping the vhicles before engaging the diff. Rather, the opposite is true. Same applies to the axle lockers in the Mogs.
As always in life, it's about knowing what you're doing and having a feeling for the situation you're in...

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Locking diffs order of activation is same as the Jeep wrangler. There aren't many situations where you'll need the front locker but not the rear. They do exist, but aren't frequent.

As for shift on the fly, I've always stopped before switching to L box. With the 8 speed in the Grenadier, you've enough top speed in low to stay in it for as long as your in a technical section.

Centre diff can be engaged on the fly, but Ineos probably recommend your stationary to be on the safe side.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
Locking diffs order of activation is same as the Jeep wrangler. There aren't many situations where you'll need the front locker but not the rear. They do exist, but aren't frequent.

As for shift on the fly, I've always stopped before switching to L box. With the 8 speed in the Grenadier, you've enough top speed in low to stay in it for as long as your in a technical section.

Centre diff can be engaged on the fly, but Ineos probably recommend your stationary to be on the safe side.
I agree but only 99.74568%

Back
Top Bottom