The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Getting to grips with your IG

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
Bonsoir à tous
Une première version V1 en français du guide de poche Grenadier. Il manque encore une dizaine de planches.
Merci de vos remarques.

1676153472044.png

Attachments

• 230211_Guide de poche Grenadier French V1.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 17

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
I noticed that he said that it needs to be in neutral and stopped to engage the centre diff, whereas some reviews have said it can be done on the move.. I’d imagine that it can be done on the move as an old defender but ….
I test drove one two days ago on a 4WD test track and can confirm that centre diff lock was changed on the move.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
I test drove one two days ago on a 4WD test track and can confirm that centre diff lock was changed on the move.
So you can lock and unlock on the move but need to be stopped and in neutral to change high low?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Affirmative!
Isn’t that pretty standard, or at the very most a snails pace?

Land Rover D4/LR4. With the same gearbox.

Stop.

Neutral

Select low/high range

Put in drive.

Away we go :)

With a manual gear box series I remover as a kid you could change high/low on the move albeit slowly if I remember.

But. And I will insist on a but. All of those vehicles have now become part of the permanent flora in rural South Wales upon their demise. And knowing how farmers are/were? I could have been using a bit of scaffolding pipe to force things a little bit…..

Maybe someone else can flesh out this childhood memory, the last one was driving a lightweight ;)

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous
La version V2 en français du guide de poche.
La version V2 détaille en particulier la position et le fonctionnement des sorties électriques auxiliaires à partir du tableau de commande supérieur.

Merci de vos retours et commentaires.
Bonne journée

1676199252146.png

Attachments

• 230212_Guide de poche Grenadier French V2.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 16

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
With gear box in low, when/why would you have the diffs unlocked? A steep incline with good traction?
In the 1st gen Tacoma, you can lock the rear diff in 4wd high- Some times it's just enough to get you through really wide slimy stuff, where you don't really want to slow down. Also good for loose pebble gravel on granite on a slight incline. And conversely, i rarely run the diffs locked in 4 low, unless things are starting to slip. Dry stuff with good traction, but slopey or steep as you surmised is best, particularly if you don't want the steering input from the locked axle.

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
So you can lock and unlock on the move but need to be stopped and in neutral to change high low?
Affirmative!
This is kind of nice- in the 1st gen Tacoma you have to be dead stopped to switch to 4Low, but the Gwagon (military version) I drove for a year you could switch from Hi to Lo on the move (below 15km or something.) The G-wagon was so heavy (armor all around) you had to start on a hill in low and switch to hi just to get it going. (a couple of pics for attention.)

Attachments

• mercedesfront.jpg
    mercedesfront.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 29
  • insidemercedes.jpg
    insidemercedes.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 27
  • ourarmoredmercedes.jpg
    ourarmoredmercedes.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 27

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
Yes. At least that was how I was told to do it by my co-driver...stop, neutral, lift collar, move low range selector, back into drive and go. Same for most 4WD including my range rover sport..that being said I was not completely at stop but doing less than 5km/hr.

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous

Le guide de poche indique en page 18 "Load space Outlet" (Sortie Espace de chargement) et "Second row outlet" à proximité de l'espace Batterie.
Cette sortie dispose-t-elle d'un interrupteur et est-elle reliée à la batterie principale ou à la batterie auxiliaire ?
La sortie indiquée "Second row outlet" est-elle connectée à la batterie auxiliaire ? et sous quelle forme ?

1676278884106.png

1676278499003.png

et en page 19 "Sortie forte charge pour remorquage".
Cette sortie dispose-t-elle d'un interrupteur et est-elle reliée à la batterie principale ou à la batterie auxiliaire ?

1676278927966.png

1676278596294.png

Merci de vos retours
1676279001088.png

Reactions: PBD

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous

Le guide de poche indique en page 18 "Load space Outlet" (Sortie Espace de chargement) et "Second row outlet" à proximité de l'espace Batterie.
La sortie indiquée "Second row outlet" est-elle connectée à la batterie auxiliaire ? et sous quelle forme ?

View attachment 7803168

View attachment 7803166

et en page 19 "Sortie forte charge pour remorquage".

View attachment 7803169

View attachment 7803167

Merci de vos retours
View attachment 7803170
The High load output in the back should be switched via the 500 A switch for the winch as it can be used for the portable winch.
I do not know which battery is connected nor do I know anything regarding the second row outlet.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And can someone explain/show me where the medium outlet bonnet is at the top front?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Isn’t that pretty standard, or at the very most a snails pace?

Land Rover D4/LR4. With the same gearbox.

Stop.

Neutral

Select low/high range

Put in drive.

Away we go :)

With a manual gear box series I remover as a kid you could change high/low on the move albeit slowly if I remember.

But. And I will insist on a but. All of those vehicles have now become part of the permanent flora in rural South Wales upon their demise. And knowing how farmers are/were? I could have been using a bit of scaffolding pipe to force things a little bit…..

Maybe someone else can flesh out this childhood memory, the last one was driving a lightweight ;)
Same gearbox, not same transfer case
It's hard to keep up as to "when or where"... however I recall a comment "somewhere" in the multitude of reviews that the reason one cannot shift from high to low or vice versa " on the fly" is that there are no synchro cones in the transfer case... the gears are straight cut. Less wearing parts... more strength?

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Same gearbox, not same transfer case
It's hard to keep up as to "when or where"... however I recall a comment "somewhere" in the multitude of reviews that the reason one cannot shift from high to low or vice versa " on the fly" is that there are no synchro cones in the transfer case... the gears are straight cut. Less wearing parts... more strength?
Yep, totally agree, although it is made by Steyr, I could have sworn it was a straight cut gearing but turns out I'm wrong.

'GENERAL
The DD295 transfer box is a full time, permanent four-wheel-drive unit, with 50/50 torque distribution to the front and rear driveshafts. The unit is manufactured by Magna Steyr Powertrain in Graz, Austria and supports the following features:
Permanent four-wheel-drive with a bevel gear centre differential, providing a 50:50 torque split Selectable high and low range for optimum on-road and off-road performance
Two-speed, fully synchronized 'shift-on-the-move' system allows the driver to change the range without having to stop the vehicle'

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, totally agree, although it is made by Steyr, I could have sworn it was a straight cut gearing but turns out I'm wrong.

'GENERAL
The DD295 transfer box is a full time, permanent four-wheel-drive unit, with 50/50 torque distribution to the front and rear driveshafts. The unit is manufactured by Magna Steyr Powertrain in Graz, Austria and supports the following features:
Permanent four-wheel-drive with a bevel gear centre differential, providing a 50:50 torque split Selectable high and low range for optimum on-road and off-road performance
Two-speed, fully synchronized 'shift-on-the-move' system allows the driver to change the range without having to stop the vehicle'
Manual gearbox or auto gearbox - (Main Gearbox - not transfer case?)
Reason - some Transfer Cases you can swith between H&L in motion but press the clutch.
IG is automatic..

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous
Il est mentionné dans le guide de poche que les feux de route auxiliaires à LED fonctionnent "en conjonction" avec les feux de route. Je comprends donc qu'après avoir activé l'interrupteur "Working" (Exterior Lights) sur le panneau de commande supérieur, lorsque l'on active les feux de route normaux, automatiquement les feux de route auxiliaires s'allument également et s'éteignent lorsque l'on repasse en feux de croisement. Sur mon DEF 90 de 2009, j'avais installé un système équivalent pour allumer des feux de jour à LED lorsque je mettais les feux de position selon le schéma suivant.
La commande du relais des feux de jour était prise sur le fil du feu de position gauche. Lorsque j'active les feux de position, le relais est activé et les feux de jour s'allument. Un interrupteur au tableau de bord coupe la commande du relais. Le montage du Grenadier pour les feux de route auxiliaire à LED doit être du même ordre. L'interrupteur des feux auxiliaires sur le tableau de commande supérieur permet de choisir l'allumage des feux de route auxiliaire ou pas, lorsque l'on passe en feux de route.

1676474916867.png

Vers Guide de poche

1676474549325.png

1676474602010.png

Schéma d'alimentation des feux de jour par activation des feux de position (Veilleuse côté droit)

1676474690221.png

Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous
Il est mentionné dans le guide de poche que les feux de route auxiliaires à LED fonctionnent "en conjonction" avec les feux de route. Je comprends donc qu'après avoir activé l'interrupteur "Working" (Exterior Lights) sur le panneau de commande supérieur, lorsque l'on active les feux de route normaux, automatiquement les feux de route auxiliaires s'allument également et s'éteignent lorsque l'on repasse en feux de croisement. Sur mon DEF 90 de 2009, j'avais installé un système équivalent pour allumer des feux de jour à LED lorsque je mettais les feux de position selon le schéma suivant.
La commande du relais des feux de jour était prise sur le fil du feu de position gauche. Lorsque j'active les feux de position, le relais est activé et les feux de jour s'allument. Un interrupteur au tableau de bord coupe la commande du relais. Le montage du Grenadier pour les feux de route auxiliaire à LED doit être du même ordre. L'interrupteur des feux auxiliaires sur le tableau de commande supérieur permet de choisir l'allumage des feux de route auxiliaire ou pas, lorsque l'on passe en feux de route.

View attachment 7803348

Vers Guide de poche

View attachment 7803345

View attachment 7803346

Schéma d'alimentation des feux de jour par activation des feux de position (Veilleuse côté droit)

View attachment 7803347
ton guide est au top;) merci

Back
Top Bottom