The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Germany: Scherer Group: First Ineos showroom in Germany starts

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
scherer-ineos-showroom-1.jpg
"The Scherer Group expands its portfolio. In Ladenburg, in the center of the Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, the large VW group dealer has converted an operating facility for the new British off-road vehicle manufacturer Ineos Automotive. The company announced on Wednesday that it was the brand's first showroom outside of the UK."

" The exhibition space for Ineos should be reminiscent of a light-flooded loft with a homely furniture design and a generous sense of space. Clear forms, various wood and metal applications and a modern lighting concept should contribute to this."
scherer-ineos-showroom-5.jpg
scherer-ineos-showroom-4.jpg

Attachments

• scherer-ineos-showroom-2.jpg
    scherer-ineos-showroom-2.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 35
  • scherer-ineos-showroom-1.jpg
    scherer-ineos-showroom-1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 34

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7798345
"The Scherer Group expands its portfolio. In Ladenburg, in the center of the Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, the large VW group dealer has converted an operating facility for the new British off-road vehicle manufacturer Ineos Automotive. The company announced on Wednesday that it was the brand's first showroom outside of the UK."

" The exhibition space for Ineos should be reminiscent of a light-flooded loft with a homely furniture design and a generous sense of space. Clear forms, various wood and metal applications and a modern lighting concept should contribute to this."
View attachment 7798346
View attachment 7798349
That's exactly the kind of thing that puts me off. For me, it is important that the people there understand something about grenadier and that we can talk at eye level. But a lot of people are into that. And when the latte is served, they praise the dealer.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
That's exactly the kind of thing that puts me off. For me, it is important that the people there understand something about grenadier and that we can talk at eye level. But a lot of people are into that. And when the latte is served, they praise the dealer.
My opinion too: That's why I changed my delivery partner to LeTech Welzheim. I don't have any experience with Scherer, and explicitely not anything negative(!), in fact I don't know nothing about them. But I felt that for this vehicle there are more suitable partners...

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
Or alternatively, people get to see the vehicle, form an opinion, consider buying one rather than. a VW or similar. The Grenadier is a commercial venture and the more people who buy, the longer it prospers

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Or alternatively, people get to see the vehicle, form an opinion, consider buying one rather than. a VW or similar. The Grenadier is a commercial venture and the more people who buy, the longer it prospers
Certainly an absolutely valid point!
But, for me personally, I would prefer what rovie said.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think VW buyers and Grenadier drivers are the same clientele. If you want to buy a 4x4, you don't go to VW. And I wouldn't put the Anorak in the same league as Land Rover and Toyota. Even if it would like to be.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think VW buyers and Grenadier drivers are the same clientele. If you want to buy a 4x4, you don't go to VW. And I wouldn't put the Anorak in the same league as Land Rover and Toyota. Even if it would like to be.
Sorry to disprove you, rovie: Passat Alltrack BiTDi + Defender TD5-90 + T3 TD Camper, a good match! And unbeatable complemented by a Grenadier ;-)
Your'e right with the Amarok vs e.g. Hilux, but the V6 was quite ok I think.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to disprove you, rovie: Passat Alltrack BiTDi + Defender TD5-90 + T3 TD Camper, a good match! And unbeatable complemented by a Grenadier ;-)
My statement refers to the purpose of the vehicle. Where I go with my Land Rover and soon with the Grenadier, no Passat and no VW bus will go. I use reduction gears and axle locks to pull heavy 3.5 t trailers through muddy tracks rutted out by tractors. Every now and then, a Fendt pulls me out. I don't really need a 4x4 on the road.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My statement refers to the purpose of the vehicle. Where I go with my Land Rover and soon with the Grenadier, no Passat and no VW bus will go. I use reduction gears and axle locks to pull heavy 3.5 t trailers through muddy tracks rutted out by tractors. Every now and then, a Fendt pulls me out. I don't really need a 4x4 on the road.
Absolutely, rovie! But please accept that other people may have more, say, multi-dimensional driving requirements: They have the requirements you describe, but apart from that, some others. Possibly some where a VW vehicle will make good sense.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I think the versatility in the Grenadier does allow it to replace so many vehicles.
Although I have only driven it on smooth tar road I was impressed by how it handled, cornered and stopped
It can be configured up to quite a feature and comfort rich product
It has fantastic offroad capability
It is set up for towing.
I can see it replacing SUV,s vans, wagons and eventually utes.
Suitable for people who do zero off road, but want the style, or to tow a boat/horse float/trailer/caravan.
Or for people who do serious off road work but not rock crawling, mud running or super technical specialties
And pretty much everyone in between.
When the long wheelbase/ute id added late next year it will just add more options and versatility

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Absolutely, rovie! But please accept that other people may have more, say, multi-dimensional driving requirements: They have the requirements you describe, but apart from that, some others. Possibly some where a VW vehicle will make good sense.
I have only expressed my opinion. Everyone has to decide for themselves. In the past century, I have driven several MBs and even a Passat. But since I need all-purpose vehicles, I switched a long time ago to Land Rover and Range Rover, which I enjoy using both off-road and on the road. The Grenadier is therefore the ideal vehicle for me, along with the others.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the versatility in the Grenadier does allow it to replace so many vehicles.
Although I have only driven it on smooth tar road I was impressed by how it handled, cornered and stopped
It can be configured up to quite a feature and comfort rich product
It has fantastic offroad capability
It is set up for towing.
I can see it replacing SUV,s vans, wagons and eventually utes.
Suitable for people who do zero off road, but want the style, or to tow a boat/horse float/trailer/caravan.
Or for people who do serious off road work but not rock crawling, mud running or super technical specialties
And pretty much everyone in between.
When the long wheelbase/ute id added late next year it will just add more options and versatility
I agree with you completely. Except for the fact that it is not meant to replace my other vehicles, but to complement them.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
Get all the points made above - but it's lovely to see the Grenny without prototype & PTO numbering all over them - like they are ready for a customer to drive out of the showroom (which by the way looks OK as it is almost 2023)

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better, Dave! And there's a good chance that the Gren will be the last survivor, simply because it can do _everything_!
But currently, the others are needed too, be it for going long ranges at 200 on the Autobahn or spending weekends at the lake or etc etc... And, even if not needed, they're simply _wanted_ ;-)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I agree with you completely. Except for the fact that it is not meant to replace my other vehicles, but to complement them.
Lucky bastard you can have many toys.
I am thinking of buying an amphibious vehicle or a hovercraft to add to it but the amphibs are too slow on water and the hovercraft too noisy.

Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
A V6 Manual Amarok 51 : 1 first low vs hlux 38 : 1, Amarok hydro formed chassis, in fact the grenadiers chassis is made in the same factory and also hydro formed, ( one of the reasons I am buying one ) much stronger, Amarok chassis don't break like hiluxes. 50 D side rollover angle for an Amarok vs 38 D for the rollota. Check out Toyota HiLux moose test. The cf6 manual gearbox in the amarokis based on a ZF S6 53, with ratio changes and double syncs on 2nd and 3rd extremely strong gearbox. Amarok 150amp alternator vs hilux 60 amp. 3.0 l V6 has a forged crank forged conrods and forged pistons vs the Hiluxes 2.8d shoking reliability DPF, dusting motor extremely limited tune-ability according to tuners. And the 79 series narrow rear track Hilux front Diff 2 days work to change the starter motor the list goes on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom