The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS Media Full Hard Way Home video available

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
@Ingemar Thanks for the great info, and again the informative videos on your YouTube. I appreciate the answer to the 12v power question you answered on your YT channel. Welcome to the forum!

-Alan Stewart
Tucson, Arizona, USA

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
Welcome Ingemar!

First of all my congrats for having been selected for the Hard Way Home. (y)

I have watched your videos and regularly look for new ones, and I like them. However: They are - of course - too short. ;)

There is btw one forum member which is currently in Morocco with his Grenadier. And some of us, including me, have already "visited" their cars which arrived at the agents but can not be handed over yet.

I guess that in this forum alone more than one Million Euros may be waiting for being passed to INEOS ...

... just because INEOS is not able to deliver the documents ,,,,,

🥳

Last edited:

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
Glad you're here, as I am sure we all are. Now for the important question ... have a dog?

Check out this thread regardless - there are some awesome pups in our midst! WOOF!

edit - I saw a beautiful husky type dog go zipping by in the background of one of your videos.
yes, we got a husky! Thor is his name. thanks for the warm welcome...

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome Ingemar!

First of all my congrats for having been selected for the Hard Way Home. (y)

I have watched your videos and regularly look for new ones, and I like them. However: They are - of course - too short. ;)

There is btw one forum member which is currently in Morocco with his Grenadier. And some of us, including me, have already "visited" their cars which arrived at the agents but can not be handed over yet.

I guess that in this forum alone more than one Million Euros may be waiting for being passed to INEOS ...

... just because INEOS is not able to deliver the documents ,,,,,

🥳

thx a lot. I hope they can solve the issues soon and everyone gets his grenadier!!
curious what he has to report from his trip to morocco...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
Local time
8:13 PM
Reaction score
Welcome to @Ingemar I've been enjoying your videos so far, and look forward to more!

On the video topic - I'm no expert, but I'm guessing there might be a longer version in the pipe. That's a lot of production value for a 4 minute spot. My hope, probably naive, is that it's more of a trailer, and we might see a longer version later?

Or, maybe, as sometimes happens, the team got so involved in the logistics involved in a trip like that, especially with the weather and all the re-routes, that 4 minutes is all they got. In that case, I'll just keep looking forward to @Ingemar's updates, until I can start making my own.

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to @Ingemar I've been enjoying your videos so far, and look forward to more!

On the video topic - I'm no expert, but I'm guessing there might be a longer version in the pipe. That's a lot of production value for a 4 minute spot. My hope, probably naive, is that it's more of a trailer, and we might see a longer version later?

Or, maybe, as sometimes happens, the team got so involved in the logistics involved in a trip like that, especially with the weather and all the re-routes, that 4 minutes is all they got. In that case, I'll just keep looking forward to @Ingemar's updates, until I can start making my own.
well...exactly my thoughts! there is tons of material...no idea why it is just one, relatively short movie. was hoping for more as well

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
Yes it was a lot of effort to go to for a few minutes of footage. Still you got a nice trip out of it. Will you go back?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
During the five days in Morocco we had two flat tires on the Grenadiers and one break down of a Landcruiser (they managed to fix it after a few hours).

100% proof that you really can't trust those damn Toyotas and everyone ought to buy a Gren instead. Clearly they are the more reliable option.

(Please exscuse me while I head for the hills for a few weeks while the above comment starts WW3)

Jokes aside welcome to the forum, and thanks for the great info!

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
OK, my thoughts on the video:

It was pretty standard format for the Youtube platform - videos of longer than 10 minutes tend to lose on "mass appeal" in a big way. Maybe someday there will be a Behind the Scenes or Directors Cut type option, but I actually thought the video was OK given the platform.

But the word that kept coming to mind throughout it was the F-word.

- Steel wheel being hammered back into shape -- ooof. That's a big F-word.
- Snow causing an entire re-write of the route? Man, that's another big F-word.
- The challenge of driving an unproven vehicle, brand new, as a regular joe through Morocco, with all those experts surrounding you -- yeah, that's a BIG F-word for me.

Of course the F-word I'm talking about is FUN. Holy cow that seemed like a blast.

We often lose site of the F word when we're debating axles or contracts or the gear shifter -- but what was undeniable about that video was that the Gren enables these folks (and hopefully the rest of us) to have a blast behind the wheel on an adventure. Kudos to the Hard Way Home team for such a fun experience -- "Smiles per Mile" is probably the most important metric on any vehicle, and I think based on what I saw, the Grenadier is setting mileage records.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello, Ingemar!
We had the same problem in Maroc - we wanted to drive from the north to the south - and (easter) several passes were closed - because of snow.
So we also had to drive to Marakesh - there was the only open pass - and they were building a new road through the mountains - that you found, it was really perfect.
Thanks for your statements - have fun with your car - I wish mine would arrive in the near future.... :)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
“We wanted to celebrate the delivery of the first Grenadiers by offering three lucky buyers a once-in-a-lifetime shipment,” explains Lynn Calder, CEO of INEOS Automotive. “We have developed an innovative campaign aimed at engaging our customers and followers, raising the bar compared to a banal delivery."

Banal delivery... looks good to me right now. 🤔
Absolutely, will take any delivery as long as what is delivered is a brand new Grenadier as I ordered, undamaged, registered and operational

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it was a lot of effort to go to for a few minutes of footage. Still you got a nice trip out of it. Will you go back?
i will!! want to spend more time there and go further south. but initially i will take my Grenadier a little south (Balkans), north (Scandinavia) and west (Iceland)

Back
Top Bottom