The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS Media Full Hard Way Home video available

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
sure I do! Nothing went as planned due to the crazy weather. The route was constantly changed and we never slept where we were supposed to (except in Marrakech). That also meant we couldn't do as much offroad as planned cause all the "nice" tracks were covered in snow and the streets closed down by the police. The team tried to "convince" them but it didn't work.
During the five days in Morocco we had two flat tires on the Grenadiers and one break down of a Landcruiser (they managed to fix it after a few hours).
Since those were/are early cars the software sometimes showed failures that weren't there (that is gone now). Some door knobs got stuck every now and then but that got fixed on all the cars as well (was a production error).
All the hard ware worked fine and it still does. Right now I have roughly 9000km on my car....no issues so far. I will talk about reliability and issues after 10k on my YT channel as well....trying to provide honest information there...
Thankyou for your reply. Little issues I expect , real pleased nothing major. That’s reassuring 👍🏼

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
sure I do! Nothing went as planned due to the crazy weather. The route was constantly changed and we never slept where we were supposed to (except in Marrakech). That also meant we couldn't do as much offroad as planned cause all the "nice" tracks were covered in snow and the streets closed down by the police. The team tried to "convince" them but it didn't work.
During the five days in Morocco we had two flat tires on the Grenadiers and one break down of a Landcruiser (they managed to fix it after a few hours).
Since those were/are early cars the software sometimes showed failures that weren't there (that is gone now). Some door knobs got stuck every now and then but that got fixed on all the cars as well (was a production error).
All the hard ware worked fine and it still does. Right now I have roughly 9000km on my car....no issues so far. I will talk about reliability and issues after 10k on my YT channel as well....trying to provide honest information there...

Thank you Ingemar for giving us a first-hand report.
For me, this is worth much more than the descriptions from the marketing and sales departments.

:cool:

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
we had several Grenadiers in the team. the winner cars and rest was support vehicles. And some locally rented Landcruisers. I drove mine all the way....in Morocco and up to Austria ;-)
Ingemar
Great to read your posts and replies.
Hope you are able to share openly your experiences
Thank you Paul

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
I hoped for a longer video or videos as well. Slightly disappointed. We got tons of material down there. And after Gibraltar I tried to avoid motorways as much as possible. Went through the alps and crossed as many mountain passes as possible (quite limited due to the snow).

Greetz, Ingemar ;-)
Excellent, welcome to the Forum. Congrats on the new wheels!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
WI

Would you want 11k miles/km on your new car a week after picking it up??:poop:
I think that was the cumulative mileage:
Screenshot_20230426_060443_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
I am curious to know however whether any of the winners were offered a choice to drive an Ineos vehicle for the journey rather than their own.

Local time
Reaction score
I think that was the cumulative mileage:

I am curious to know however whether any of the winners were offered a choice to drive an Ineos vehicle for the journey rather than their own.
And to add in case of their own cars, I would be curious if the trip was insured via Ineos until everyone reached their home driveway - I would guess so, which could also partially explain the license plates, and why it was a German license plate and not an Austrian. :p

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
Ingemar
Great to read your posts and replies.
Hope you are able to share openly your experiences
Thank you Paul
absolutely! I am a normal customer and have no restrictions from Ineos´side (especially since the HardWayHome video is released). I do love the car but I am honest about possible issues/thinks I don't like

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
And to add in case of their own cars, I would be curious if the trip was insured via Ineos until everyone reached their home driveway - I would guess so, which could also partially explain the license plates, and why it was a German license plate and not an Austrian. :p
that is correct! insured via Ineos (also because the Austrian Ineos branch was not setup then).
As you can imagine, driving around with the wrong license plate was/is quite hard for me as an Austrian ;-))))))

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
that is correct! insured via Ineos (also because the Austrian Ineos branch was not setup then).
As you can imagine, driving around with the wrong license plate was/is quite hard for me as an Austrian ;-))))))
Imagine how hard it must have been for the license plate then! Welcome!

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
@Ingemar Ingemar, welcome! I have enjoyed your videos.

If you get a chance can you measure the length of the front door? I have a unique garage situation.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You sure he's legit now. 😉
ally mcbeal GIF

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Obviously!!! ;-) I just found you...sorry for being so late!! and yes...it´s me ;-)

View attachment 7809460
Glad you're here, as I am sure we all are. Now for the important question ... have a dog?

Check out this thread regardless - there are some awesome pups in our midst! WOOF!

edit - I saw a beautiful husky type dog go zipping by in the background of one of your videos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom